DDM4000 traktor 2 mapping
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default DDM4000 traktor 2 mapping

hello all, I have an DDM4000 with audio2 and thus using it as a midi. with traktor pro everything was fine but now i've spend hours on a mapping it in traktor 2 for 2 play decks and 2 sample decks. And it's still not working properly(horribly).So i wondered of any of you fine lads has any ready made midi mapping for me.

Thnx in advance
    DDM4000 audio 2

sorry i dont know how to map it i dont have it but im thinking i should buy one can you tell me if you can assign every knob fader etc for midi use and left 2 channels for normal use or it has some kind of presets couse i want to use only 2 channels analog and everything else like midi is this possible ? how is the quality of that mixer ?

btw use
    http://www.traktorbible.com/en/t2_commandfinder.aspx
    command finer and map it yourself it shoud be easy

Tech Guru

Quote Originally Posted by bram2punt0@gmail.com View Post
    hello all, I have an DDM4000 with audio2 and thus using it as a midi. with traktor pro everything was fine but now i've spend hours on a mapping it in traktor 2 for 2 play decks and 2 sample decks. And it's still not working properly(horribly).So i wondered of any of you fine lads has any ready made midi mapping for me.

Thnx in advance
    can you be more specific?... what are you trying to do?
    Hardware: Akai Max49, Maschine, Equator D5 monitors, Saffire Pro 14
    Software: Logic, Maschine
    My Neighbors Listen to House Music.. Because They Have To.

Tech Guru

Quote Originally Posted by XplodeHD View Post
    sorry i dont know how to map it i dont have it but im thinking i should buy one can you tell me if you can assign every knob fader etc for midi use and left 2 channels for normal use or it has some kind of presets couse i want to use only 2 channels analog and everything else like midi is this possible ? how is the quality of that mixer ?

btw use
    http://www.traktorbible.com/en/t2_commandfinder.aspx
    command finer and map it yourself it shoud be easy
    use the SEARCH button on this site, you'll find plenty of info.
    short answer: everything except the CENTER FX SECTION and the GRAY GAIN KNOBS are MIDI. you can choose MIDI or Analog or Both at the same time.
    best mixer for the price

@ xplode, nice you got an answer and thnx to the guy who gave it. but don't be to harsh sometimes i spend hours searching for an answer in these forums when it could be fixed by the efforts of 1 friendly guy taking a sec. it's apreciated!

and further for my question:
    I have mapped it myself for a large part right now but i still have the feeling i've missed some things and i tought if someone with a lot more traktor experience already made some mappings i could work from there. but to be more specific im trying to get like 2 decks just for playing the mp3's wich is working fine, but i just cant seem to make a clever mapping for controlling the sample decks with the two ''rows'' of knobs and faders (or are they called channels aswell?) i have left for sample decks. ideally i want to be able to control as much slots induvidually(playing/paus with a button and the volume) with what the buttons i have left. It's really hard for a non-techie guy like me to picture how it should be. frankly i just don't know how to get te mapping optimized.

Looking forward to your reply, and my apoliegies for not being able to be very concrete about it.

ps. also I want to start a co-op with a co ''dj'' to see if its possible with two or 3 mixers to only play by sample decks (he has xone 3d and 1 d i believe) with audio 8 and everything. wich brings me to the next mapping nightmare how would my ddm4000 be mapped solely for sampledecks. but first things first.
    DDM4000 audio 2

and im gonna look at the commandfinder right now, not a clue what it is
    DDM4000 audio 2

Tech Guru

http://traktorbible.com/freaks/mappingone.aspx?id=32

Those mappings are specific for the DDM4000. I'm pretty sure that all mappings are upward compatible with future releases just not the other way around I believe I could be wrong thou. Let me know if that works also Google is your friend, don't rely on everyone to do the work for you you won't get very far.
    Traktor Scratch Pro 2, 2X Stanton STR8-80, 2X Denon DN-S700, Akai APC40 + APC20, DDM4000, KRKRokit 8, HD25-II, iPad (Touch OSC)

Tech Guru

sry, i get grumpy when I'm hungry lolz. i just enforce the whole search button thing a lot. sry ^O^

you wanna use the ddm just for sample decks?? thats crazy talk!

well.. you could borrow inspiration from the mappings for the new Midifighter Pro's:

3 knobs for 3 sample slot filters, and then use map the Fader for an overall sample deck volume fader??
    do that for each extra channel you have and ta-dum!!... 2 sample decks, plus to main decks!

DJTT Infectious Moderator photojojo's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by bram2punt0@gmail.com View Post
    @ xplode, nice you got an answer and thnx to the guy who gave it. but don't be to harsh sometimes i spend hours searching for an answer in these forums when it could be fixed by the efforts of 1 friendly guy taking a sec. it's apreciated!
    If you never take the time to search you will never learn on your own. asking others to do everything for you will never get you any where.

Buy the traktor Bible and empower yourself. It sounds like some of the things you might want to do are specific to you and not really thing others might want to do.

https://traktorbible.com/shop/products.aspx
    Chris Jennings FHP

Podcast - Soundcloud - Mixcloud - Beatport Charts - x

Quote Originally Posted by photojojo View Post
    If you never take the time to search you will never learn on your own. asking others to do everything for you will never get you any where.

Buy the traktor Bible and empower yourself. It sounds like some of the things you might want to do are specific to you and not really thing others might want to do.

https://traktorbible.com/shop/products.aspx
    Your theory is flawed. Aren't these forums for people to discuss and ask for help? I am so sick and tired searching Google and the first post (of what I am looking for) is "use search stupid". Just like this post. Its unproductive and a waste of time for everyone. If you don't want to moderate and let people ask questions on this site then just quit, or shut the forums down. If you don't want people asking questions then just shut down the forums, start blog, post your knowledge, turn off comments so no one can ask a question... then move on.

I came from Google via searching, but since I can't find my answer; can't ask a question without being chastised, I might as well find a different site to ask a question on.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast