Throwing a party after a big music festival with no 'Brand-Name' DJ - Page 3
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Quote Originally Posted by eeloe View Post
    If you wanted a headliner...i could fly over!
    :thumbs up:

@ OP: We have the same dilemma here in Orlando with EDC... Well, I think its really how you look at it. As much as you or I (or anyone else for that matter) might want to make this type of event profitable, maybe make it more of a great option for ppl, mainly your local DJs friends and their friends. By the time the festival is over, ppl will be so washed out on EDM that as long as the DJs aren't killing the vibe the event will probably still be a success.

While I have not been formally put on the list to play (it would be my first gig ) we have a few locals lined up and it seems like the hype is getting around. The plan is to make it affordable and just a great way to get a whole bunch of like minded ppl together to have the best after party.

Of course the problem with my (maybe delusional) optimism is of course the chance of running short on the money owed to the venue and DJs looking to be payed.... GL!
    The MUSIC is what matters!
    Everything else is _________

ok...WWJD? (what would jesc do)

1st print atleast 5k flyers (check nextdayflyers or local print shop) to pass out at local clubs/raves within 100 miles from the festival 30 - 60 days before the event

2nd Facebook Event Invite (even myspace, craigslist, twitter plur sites, etc) & spam away

3rd Day of festival have cut girls passing out flyers outside the event, let the girls know that big groups of people get a discount at the door.
    Controllerist: Think different | SoundCloud | MixCloud | Twitter |

Hey! I'm from detroit as well. What venue are you doing it at and who are the djs?
    I was supposed to do a pre-party as well as some after parties for DEMF at Vain Detroit, since I've done a lot of work there in the past, but I guess there in some trouble

Quote Originally Posted by JesC View Post
    ok...WWJD? (what would jesc do)

1st print atleast 5k flyers (check nextdayflyers or local print shop) to pass out at local clubs/raves within 100 miles from the festival 30 - 60 days before the event
    make sure you put the url of the facebook group on the flyer. you can even get google to generate a unique QR code for the link to put on the flyer with their google url shortener service.

if you are doing an afterparty for this event, make sure you do one for the next event in your area and the one after that etc.. after a couple, punters will remember you're doing these and will make them part of their festival routine (hopefully).

after a few after parties and the word gets around, look at also doing bi-monthly events... then if they are successful look at doing monthly, then possibly a weekly thing. by this stage you should be making a profit!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123