Defektedtoy's APC40/Traktor 2 map
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Arrow Defektedtoy's APC40/Traktor 2 map

This is my first mapping, and it's not even finished so please, be gentle!

First off let me begin by saying that decks C and D are mapped to my trigger finger, including the effects, so feel free to delete the "trigger finger" midi device if you dont have/use one.

This is kind of a culmination of all the stuff I learned messing with a ton of everyones .tsi's. So thanks a TON to everyone who wrote and submitted a .tsi for the apc40 on this site! You guys taught me a lot.

I still have to add effects for decks A and B, and there is a lot of unused buttons/sliders/knobs for right now. I welcome any suggestions or advice you guys are willing to offer up.

I tried to keep all the mappings in their own separate devices so I could better ascertain where problems were occuring, also it made it easier for me to write.

The image is pretty self explanatory as far as what does what, but as i said before, this is still unfinished.

DOWNLOAD: [ame="http://www.megaupload.com/?d=GS3K7IL2"]MEGAUPLOAD - The leading online storage and file delivery service[/ame]

I will update this post with any changes I make to the .tsi.

If you guys have suggestions for FX mappings, or perhaps something that could improve this .tsi please let me know!

Enjoy!

Quick question...where do the cue points go?

See that's just it, I was more or less dicking around with this trying out different maps for things. I would like to move the VU meters to the scene launch row or perhaps the track selection row to free up more landscape in the center of the apc40, but I had a hell of a time getting it to work out.

The lack of clip launch maps, or room for them for that matter got lost under the "Hey, what else can I map?" scenarios haha.

Oh by the way, feel free to totally mess with this mapping and post what you change. I'd love to improve this thing.

I like where this is going. Figure out what to do with all the unused knobs and buttons and you'll be on to something.

You like BrokenToy?

Similar nicks...

APC80:STR8-100's+Ortofon Concorde Scratch\Electro:ButterRugz:TSP2-NI Audio4DJ:Xone22+Innofader:MacBook Pro 15"
    www.soundcloud.com/djsarasin
    www.youtube.com/adriansarasin

Never heard of Broken Toy, but I'll check it out!

So, minor update...

Trying to reposition the VU meter, added loop/cue in/out buttons, added 8 hotcue buttons for both decks, shift modifier for deleting each hotcue with the same button used to activate it, moved "mute deck" hold button, moved the load selected button, and still procrastinating setting up the effects.

I will post a more detailed update, along with this new version of the .tsi in the OP when I am not so tired.

HEHEHE....BrokenToy is a long time producer.

Alchemy Records....Alien Safari....etc

APC80:STR8-100's+Ortofon Concorde Scratch\Electro:ButterRugz:TSP2-NI Audio4DJ:Xone22+Innofader:MacBook Pro 15"
    www.soundcloud.com/djsarasin
    www.youtube.com/adriansarasin

Added hotcues, and some fun muting functions!

I still have a decent amount of real estate on the apc40 to use for things like VU meter, perhaps sample triggers?

As for the lack of effect controls:

Ideally I would like to have at least 2 static effects that can be used globally and that are appropriate for any genre of music, and 2 that are customizable on the fly. I'm still undecided on whether or not to even use Traktor's effects at all, and just route Traktor to something like Ableton.

I'm open to any suggestions you guys might have as to how to improve this template.

Enjoy!

[ame="http://www.megaupload.com/?d=MALGFJVE"]MEGAUPLOAD - The leading online storage and file delivery service[/ame]

**NOTE**

The "Trigger Finger" (and the sample deck for that matter) midi device in the controller manager is something I'm messing around with for some pseudo scratching just for shits and giggles. It is completely unnecessary and can be deleted if one so desires.

So you can go ahead and delete both decks C and D if you like, it won't effect the functionality of the .tsi.

I wish I could edit my posts...

Anyways, there was a bug with the individual EQ kills that caused them to not perform as intended.

Updated .tsi:

[ame="http://www.megaupload.com/?d=KVAU5QPT"]MEGAUPLOAD - The leading online storage and file delivery service[/ame]

Added some neato transpose functions to the Trigger Finger and a few more things. Will post an update soon.

I wish I could use ableton to control the effects without having to go through the whole unsavory business of setting it up.

Hopefully I can come up with some interesting effect chains and stuff to fill out this .tsi for you guys soon.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast