New MidiFighters
Page 1 of 13 1234511 ... LastLast

Default New MidiFighters

So after reading the most recent blog post and watching the video, I'm really interested in these new Midi Fighters. I'm not going to lie, when I first saw the title, I got fairly upset because I had thought that the original Midi Fighter was getting replaced, in which case the $200 investment that I made a month ago would be out of date soon, but looking at these new standardized decked out MFs I'm excited to see what they can bring to the table. As soon as they come out I'm expecting a huge amount of reviews, so I'm excited about that. In terms of looks I really like the original 4x4 grid look, and hope that the original Midi Fighter isn't phased out after major production of these units comes, so if one of you DJTT guys is reading this, KEEP THE OLD MFs AVAILABLE!!!!

Overall this blog post left me craving more information, and I hope it will come sooner than expected, but one thing that I thought was missing was new functionality. Just something more than the old MF can provide. I understand that the faders and knobs are a good addition, but what can the new MF provide me that I couldn't get from my old MF. That's really the question floating in my brain. I'm still extremely excited to see the full announcement next week, and will be sure to stay posted. If you guys have any thoughts on these new MFs be sure to let us all know, because I bet we're all just as interested as you are in this topic.
    MacBook Pro 13" 8GB RAM | Traktor Kontrol S4 | 2x Technics 1200Mk5 TTs | Yamaha Motif ES8 | M-Audio Axiom Pro 49 Controller | M-Audio Audiophile AV 30/40 Speakers | Pioneer HDJ-2000 | MIDI Fighter |

http://soundcloud.com/fullkontrol

Hey

I don't think the standard midifighter is getting replaced or updated
    but I could be wrong, but it seems like it's the new versions of the custom
    Midifighter with four different layout options.

They look solid

Tech Mentor

good point. I'm a bit afraid that the "classic" midifighter is not going to be supported in the long run...

Quote Originally Posted by Mi.Lo View Post
    good point. I'm a bit afraid that the "classic" midifighter is not going to be supported in the long run...
    I don't know if that is true. Alot of the "old school" and older DJTT forum members have Midi Fighters and these are the people that continually support DJTT and it would simply be wrong to not support the original MidiFighters.

Tech Mentor

Talking

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE DJTT OFFER AN UPGRADE KIT!!!!

it would be sooo awesome if you guys made a kit that could retro fit an old midfighter, it would be relatively easy, i mean all you would need is the faders, knobs, and plastic face and backing plates and I could solder the connections to my MF through the existing expansion ports, this would be amazing! (also maybe a metal housing? I know this one's a stretch but I can hope cant I? )

Tech Mentor

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by willinfluence View Post
    Hey

I don't think the standard midifighter is getting replaced or updated
    but I could be wrong...
    DJTT still supports the VCI-100 even though it is not even in production any more, they wount let this fade away (probably ever) they like helping people get the most out of there controllers and software whether it be a vci 100 on VDJ or a completely custom made controller running Ableton suite, thus you don't need alot of money or alot of gear to get so DJTT support they wanna give you the most bang for you buck and put a smile on eveyones face...they sure did it to me

Quote Originally Posted by dylooooon View Post
    +1
    Setup: TP 3, Kontrol S5, MF Twister, MF3D, MF Classic, DIY-Midifighter, Aiaiai Tma-1
    soundcloud
    facebook
    formerly know as weltraumpapst

Tech Student

From what I've seen in the blog it looks like the same pcb is being used. I'd be very interested in obtaining the case and the faders as an upgrade kit

this!
    TSP 2 | Serato DJ | Live 8 | MBP (SSD + HDD) | AIAIA TMA-1 Fool's Gold Edition | 1200 Mk2s | MidiFighter | KRK RP5
    Xone: DB4 | Pioneer CDJ-2000 Nexus
    DJTT FAQ | Read my guide to AUDIO CABLES

Tech Wizard

+3

Page 1 of 13 1234511 ... LastLast