RGAS - Rapid Gear Aquisition Syndrome - Page 21
Page 21 of 22 FirstFirst ... 11171819202122 LastLast
    Tech Guru

Is all I have to say.
    Kontrol S4Senn HD 25-1Kontrol F1

How did you get that much free vinyl? Ram raiding record stores? :P
    The xwax Thread! - The minimal open source DVS for Linux!
    Reddit's /r/DJs! - Another great DJ community!

Quote Originally Posted by Joshawott View Post
    Haha, I was considering working at GC, but was afraid of the increased GAS. On another note, how are the employee discounts at GC??
    Pretty decent actually, usually something like 30% off MAP. It's allegedly "cost" but I don't buy it. I'm sure they've penciled in a few bucks somewhere down the line.

Additionally there is the GAIN program which is and exclusive vendor/GC employee buying program that you must be employed for at least 90 days to take advantage of. There are some STRONG deals to be had on things over there. Software plug-ins at severely discounted rates. Occasionally huge deals on hardware/controller/PA stuff. NI's got some specialty pricing on a few things off that program.

As for the vinyl I'm a hustler at heart so I finagled a smoking deal for a friend whom wanted to clear out years worth of his own GAS to get a set of QSC's and a Traktor set-up. I gave him a friends and family discount on the gear he was buying, bought all his stuff at our store and gave him my F1's. In turn I got the vinyl, his MINT 12's, and 10 sets of needles (two Shure on Tech headshells and like 5 sets of Ortofon unibodies and a set of Scratch S on Tech Headshells). He then couldn't get the Traktor rig running on his gaming laptop so he returned the S4 and I bought the F1's back from him cash and he bought a Mac.
    Technics MK2 + Maschine MK1 + Kontrol F1 + Kontrol S4 + Kontrol F1 + Mikro MK1 + Technics MK2
    Ortofon Digitrack/Scratch S/Nightclub S/DJ S + Slow Roasted SuperSeal + EV 112P x 2 w/ ZXA1-Sub
    *PLEASE CONTACT ME ABOUT PURCHASING QSC, YAMAHA, or EV LOUDSPEAKERS*

It happens to all of us!
    Traktor Kontrol S2 :: Midi Fighter Classic :: Akai APC40 :: 17" Acer
    Check out our new "D.O.D - What Time?" Remix! : http://snd.sc/1bvF1xf

This thread makes me afraid of my desires...
    Mapping Enthusiast
    S4 | X1 | F1 | MF3D

It's interesting. A few months ago, or maybe a little longer than that I would've had a whole list of shit I wanted. Even thinking back earlier. Now I have a bunch of cash on hand, and have gone to Guitar Center 3 or 4 times within the last two weeks for different things like Mics, Mixers, Analog Synths, CDJs 2k nexuss, etc. and I literally haven't wanted to actually spend the money on anything like that.

The only thing I think i'm going to go in and buy tomorrow are probably a condenser mic, push, and their production table. But I feel those are all necessities for me. Aside from the push, but since I don't really play keys a push would be nice to have especially to stay in key and all that jazz with less effort.

I think I just hit a point personally where I was like anything I buy after this is just hindering my learning. I have great gear and if I learn how to master and use it, from that point on my production life will be so much easier!

Tech Mentor

In under a year.

Mixtrack Pro (Sold)
    F1
    S2
    Lpd8
    Ableton
    Red Waves (Broke)
    Zomo HD1200
    2 Numark TT1650 (Sold)
    Numark mixer (Sold)
    100 Vinyl (Sold)
    Ableton
    M Audio 49 Keyboard (Given Free)
    2 packs of Chroma Caps

Please stop me! (Or give me a little discount as I am eyeing up a MF Spectra)

I am totally with you guys, in the last year:

Kaossilator Pro
    Kaoss pad 3
    Korg Monotribe
    All 3 monotrons
    MPD 26
    LPK 25
    LPD 8
    Nano Kontrol
    Maschine
    S4
    Launchpad
    Laptop
    Decksavers (for maschine and S4)
    Maschine Stand + uber stand for laptop!
    Midi Fighter Spectra
    KRK KNS-8400 phones
    KRK Rokit 6 Monitors.

Propellerhead Reason 6
    Ableton live suite 8

I live in the UK as well, so stuff here probably works out a bit more than in the states.
    I've been tempted to dump the launchpad and get push. I love finger drumming and the Maschine is getting a bit boring as a performance device, it is, however, a great production tool and the fact it can be used as a plugin for ableton is a big plus. It's a shame you can't do the same with traktor.

On a side note, my "addiction" has gotten to the point where my Girlfriend and friends are wondering if I have a problem.

Am I the only person who "box hoards" as well? I keep the boxes for a couple of years after purchasing (just in case). My girlfriend keeps moaning about them taking up too much space!
    Last edited by BIGGrobb; 05-12-2013 at 01:45 PM. Reason: Additional

Quote Originally Posted by DJ View Post
    i came to terms with my RGAS and sold most of my gear. went back to the basics, 2 turntables, Rane 57 & Dicers, minimal controllersim.
    Same here, sold off almost all of my controllers.
    Switching to Serato Scratch Live and going back to basics also. Two turntables (can't make up my mind between the TTX or St-150), a Denon DN-HC1000S SSL controller and a Xone22 mixer.
    That will be it.

Oh, wait, a small portable rotary mixer...
    --------------------------------------------------
    2023 14" MacBook Pro M2 Max 32 GB (OS Ventura 13.5.1), Rekordbox, Technics SL-1210GRs,
    DJM-A9, DDJ-XP2, Sennheiser Acoustick.

xone:22? You can do better than that, surely :P
    The xwax Thread! - The minimal open source DVS for Linux!
    Reddit's /r/DJs! - Another great DJ community!