DJ TECH TOOLS Novation Twitch - Page 2
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Tech Wizard

Coming up next:
    Arcade Twitch

no, it wouldnt have. djtt would have to find a way to mass produce the dicers, and they would probably have to cost more.
    Become a Fan, And View My Latest Mixes | DJTT Chatroom (FB)
    Quote Originally Posted by photojojo View Post
    If the pack of lions are in sync then they're not real lions so it doesn't count.

Quote Originally Posted by theory28 View Post
    no, it wouldnt have. djtt would have to find a way to mass produce the dicers, and they would probably have to cost more.
    Partner up with the right people, get the right investors and anything is possible. Granted for a company with established factories already in place it's easier, but it's not that difficult to do.

Only reason price would go up significantly is trying to market it. However even the other day when I pulled out my MIDI Fighter at a local bar, a lot of the people knew what it was.

Tech Guru

exactly. But you can make a midi fighter from parts you order online...hence the DIY you see here. Ean had said before he partnered with Novation on the Dicer, after having the idea for a long time but no way to launch it.
    SSL - DJM 800 - Technic 1200's - X1 - ITCH - NS6 - VCI-300

Quote Originally Posted by haze324 View Post
    exactly. But you can make a midi fighter from parts you order online...hence the DIY you see here. Ean had said before he partnered with Novation on the Dicer, after having the idea for a long time but no way to launch it.
    Oh, I didn't see that. :eek:

wonder if they will do the trade in your vci for money off the twitch like they did with the S4
    Here's Where I Put My Stuff Remix's/Mix's/and............. Genrally Madness

Sound Cloud :: http://soundcloud.com/herbstrike
    FaceBook :: http://www.facebook.com/pages/HerbSt...2547446?ref=ts

I'm leaning towards keeping both now lol, I don't want to sell my beloved VCI!
    TSP 2 | Serato DJ | Live 8 | MBP (SSD + HDD) | AIAIA TMA-1 Fool's Gold Edition | 1200 Mk2s | MidiFighter | KRK RP5
    Xone: DB4 | Pioneer CDJ-2000 Nexus
    DJTT FAQ | Read my guide to AUDIO CABLES

I hate choices! I'm too sentimental!

I love my VCI and want to keep it forever. I also want to swap it for a Twitch. Or for the Denon MC6000. Or for the S4. Problem is affording the Denon and S4! Ideally want something I could almost swap like for like.

Do I sell my VCI and LPD8 and buy a Twitch or not?

PS - I just became a Tech Guru without realising
    Ableton 9.7.5, Native Instruments Komplete Ultimate 11, MOTU 828 Mk2, Nektar Impact LX61+, Ableton Push, Native Instruments Kore 2, and a random selection of soft synths and sample libraries.
    Windows 10 Pro 64 bit with Core i7 4960X Extreme Edition 12 core CPU, 64GB RAM, SanDisk Ultra Extreme SSDs and a GeForce GTX 970 G1 Gaming GPU.

Quote Originally Posted by Bunford View Post
    I hate choices! I'm too sentimental!

I love my VCI and want to keep it forever. I also want to swap it for a Twitch. Or for the Denon MC6000. Or for the S4. Problem is affording the Denon and S4! Ideally want something I could almost swap like for like.

Do I sell my VCI and LPD8 and buy a Twitch or not?

PS - I just became a Tech Guru without realising
    Hehe, congrats.

I can't sell my VCI. I thought about it, but I can't bring myself to do it. I did all the upgrades to make it an SE myself, and spent hours on end replacing some of the LEDs (read: learning to solder). I figure what the hell, I'm earning reasonable money this year, I'm going to take the plunge. That thing is too fucking cool not to buy. Plus it comes with ITCH which is a nice little plus for me (though I'll still be using traktor, the mapping possibilities look juicy as hell).
    TSP 2 | Serato DJ | Live 8 | MBP (SSD + HDD) | AIAIA TMA-1 Fool's Gold Edition | 1200 Mk2s | MidiFighter | KRK RP5
    Xone: DB4 | Pioneer CDJ-2000 Nexus
    DJTT FAQ | Read my guide to AUDIO CABLES

My only issue with getting rid of the VCI (as I only use jogs for scrolling tracks really anyway) and getting the Twitch is that the Novation drivers are shockingly bad!

For example, I have a Launchpad. The disc came with drivers 1.5 or something like that. On the Novation site, the latest drivers are 2.1, meaning the disc version is fairly old.

However, using Windows 7 32 and 64 bits, I get regular device dropouts/unrecognised with the 2.1 drivers. If I use the 1.5 ones off the disc then it works perfectly. This is tested over 3 different Windows 7 machines too.

My worry is that the Twitch has lots of promise but Novation's incompetent drivers might let it down, which would be a HUGE shame if I switch my VCI and LPD8 for it!
    Ableton 9.7.5, Native Instruments Komplete Ultimate 11, MOTU 828 Mk2, Nektar Impact LX61+, Ableton Push, Native Instruments Kore 2, and a random selection of soft synths and sample libraries.
    Windows 10 Pro 64 bit with Core i7 4960X Extreme Edition 12 core CPU, 64GB RAM, SanDisk Ultra Extreme SSDs and a GeForce GTX 970 G1 Gaming GPU.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast