Traktor Slicer Idea - Page 4
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by bascurtiz View Post
    Okies Zestoi, what should i download/install to make this Slicer-mode function work in Traktor?

Atm, I'm using the M-Audio Xponent, which has plenty buttons to overrule and try out the slicer-mode on.
    But if this actually works, i'm going to buy the Twitch.
    i'm right in the middle of messing with the slicer code atm actually. probably worth waiting till i push out a new update which will be using the method of dropping a hot cue to locate the start of the slices from the blog.

another update that i've just put in is enabling pass thru of incoming midi data that u don't want to process within midimasher. this would allow u to create a virtual midi port called "xponent" or something and midimasher will send any midi data from the real xponent midi port to that one that isn't being used for the slicer etc. probably a more bomes way of thinking than midimasher - but means people could use their existing tsi's along side the midimasher one.

this can also be used on a page per page basis - which i'm using to send all data from the lp to ableton for just one of it's pages.

i should be putting out a new release tonight with this and slicer code in - will append to the "Intermediary midi mapping" thread as usual then can talk u thru mapping the device and a simple config for u to test the slicer with. you could download the current version and run learn.exe to create a device file for your exponent now tho. plus would be cool to have that in midimasher anyway i'm adding support for controllers whenever anyone sends me a config file: http://midimasher.djism.com/lua/devices/
    11mba / 13mbp / tsp2 / live9 / audio10 / 2x reloop rp7000gold / 2x xdj1000 / 2x d2
    maschine mk2 / x1 mk2 / z1 / f1 / midifighter / lpd8 / 2x launchpad / launchkontrol xl
    Quote Originally Posted by derschaich
    "wohoo, i'm touched, turn on the FX"

Hasn't this recently been done already on a Midifighter by the DJTT guys themselves?

http://www.djtechtools.com/2011/11/0...heory-for-djs/

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=74pMB...ayer_embedded#!

Quote Originally Posted by imsgoalie@yahoo.com View Post
    Hasn't this recently been done already on a Midifighter by the DJTT guys themselves?
    that implements part of the slicer. i had similar code working in midimasher a month or so before that blog post - but i prefer the way he's using a hotcue to locate the start of the slices.

my slicer animates the pads ala twitch too, lighting up each of the 8 pads one beat at a time so u can see what slice you are currently in, but midimasher could also be used exactly the same way he's doing it there, which would be handy for pc users as bomes isn't free while midimasher is. he's using midipipe on osx. shame the config file isn't plain text as i could then translate it to midimasher code for those that wanted to use his tsi.

midimasher won't run on osx atm anyway as i don't have access to a mac, so i guess mac users need to use that solution and pc users would use bomes or midimasher.
    11mba / 13mbp / tsp2 / live9 / audio10 / 2x reloop rp7000gold / 2x xdj1000 / 2x d2
    maschine mk2 / x1 mk2 / z1 / f1 / midifighter / lpd8 / 2x launchpad / launchkontrol xl

Looking forward to those updates :eek:

In the meantime, i've downloaded Midimasher and runned Learn.exe.
    It asks me to select the Device.
    Option 1 = Xponent Audio In [2]
    Option 2 = Xponent MIDI In (Control)

So i choosed Option 2.

Then it asks me what type of device it is..?
    Not sure what i should put in there, but it's automatically generating output in channels/type/value atm...

Then it asks me to insert the amount of rows; i fill in 0.
    Then it asks me to activate/press a control and enter the name ...ehz..

Not sure what I'm doing..

Is it helpful to go thru this process, so i can send u a config-file or..?
    Help me out plz

Looking forward to those updates :eek:

In the meantime, i've downloaded Midimasher and runned Learn.exe.
    It asks me to select the Device.
    Option 1 = Xponent Audio In [2]
    Option 2 = Xponent MIDI In (Control)

So i choosed Option 2.

Then it asks me what type of device it is..?
    Not sure what i should put in there, but it's automatically generating output in channels/type/value atm...

Then it asks me to insert the amount of rows; i fill in 0.
    Then it asks me to activate/press a control and enter the name ...ehz..

Not sure what I'm doing..

Help me out plz
    when it asks for the device name just enter something like xponent, it just uses that as the filename to save the config to.

the xponent doesn't really have a grid controller area (ala launchpad or lpd8 or apc20 etc) so u can enter 0 for number of rows.

after that it's basically like any other 'learn' feature. you move/press a control and then enter the name u want for it. like play_a maybe for the deck a play button, etc

here's a quick capture of me using learn with my icon idj just to map a couple of buttons:

Code:
    1: LoopBe Internal MIDI
    2: MM to Traktor
    3: Traktor to MM
    4: MidiFighter1 Input
    5: MidiFighter1 Output
    6: MidiFighter2 Input
    7: MidiFighter2 Output
    8: MidiFighter3 Input
    9: MidiFighter3 Output
    10: MM to Ableton
    11: Ableton to MM
    12: iCON idj V1.01

choose a device: 12
    enter the device type (will create devices/TYPE.lua): my-idj
    writing to [devices/my-idj.lua]
    Enter the number of grid controller rows (0 for none): 0

Press/activate a control and enter the name followed by enter (q to quit)
    channel=1 type=note value=51
    cue_a

channel=1 type=note value=70
    play_a

channel=1 type=note value=52
    loopin_a

q
    and here's the contents of devices/my-idj.lua that it created:

Code:
    add_control("cue_a", 1, "note", 51)
    add_control("play_a", 1, "note", 70)
    add_control("loopin_a", 1, "note", 52)
    you can create that file yourself if u want, but it's probably a damn lot faster to use learn for it.

edit: this is almost the only area of midimasher that cares about midi. any config code u write uses the names like "play_a" for your controller. all the midi stuff is then handled under the covers, unless u really want to send your own midi via send_midi() or send_midi_raw() but u rarely need to.

it's needed if u want to use midimasher on that controller. else code written for one controller wouldn't work on another one.

u can in theory also use the midi data as event names, if u skip the learn step. so if say your play 'a' button sends out "CC001" then u can use "CC001" where you could have used "play_a" before. there are other downsides to using the "CC001" method tho including the fact that since "CC001" doesn't specify a midi channel then when midimasher tries to "send" data out as "CC001" it won't know what channel to use and will default to 1.

plus you'd still need to work out what data is being sent by each button ofc, so i reckon spending 5 mins using learn.exe first is by far the best way to go.

also if u want to you could treat midimasher configs more like bomes does and handle all the raw midi yourself, but then most of the cool stuff won't work.

when you use learn.exe to create the devices file it tells midimasher that type/value/channel each control sends/receives.

then i can include your devices/xponent.lua file in future releases so anyone else who has that controller can get up and going right away

ahhh... capich

Is there any "default terminology" describing the actions/buttons u want me to use? or should i just get creative with it?

ahhh... capich

Is there any "default terminology" describing the actions/buttons u want me to use? or should i just get creative with it?
    good question... i had thought the other day that it would be cool to come up with some standardised names for most controls as then many configs could work on many different controllers without any modding.

i tend to keep all names lower case and with no spaces for starters

so far i've created one for an icon idj and a hercules mk2 that are traditional (?) dj type controllers. i think the idj one is about the best atm. there's also a mixtrack one that uses a completely different naming convention.

my idea was to append the deck name to the end, so we have controls named like "play_a", "play_b" etc.

if you could take a look at the idj one it would be cool - and then i'll go thru the other device configs and edit any that need to be to bring them inline.

let me know if u have better names for any of the type of controls in the idj one tho - i'm sure they could be improved on. once decided tho and i edit any existing ones to use them then i should publish a webpage with the info or something - and then try to make sure any future controller configs match up to those names.

edit: also... i used names like "play_a" in the devices/traktor.lua file that links midimasher up to it's massive tsi and i definitely don't fancy editting all of that one anyway that was a boring thing to create

I downloaded your IconDJ.ula to see what terminology u've used and, got started...

But check this out:

In the screenshot, u see there's buttons being pushed/values coming outta the blue, altho I didnt touched anything on my controller...?

1) I tried to on/off my controller
    2) see if it measures midi input in Traktor, but that's not that case
    3) rebooted my computer

Still Learn.exe is getting input ... the ghost in the machine :O

This way ofcoz, I can't make a solid config-file :/
    Any thoughts on this, would could help me out?

Still Learn.exe is getting input ... the ghost in the machine :O
    could well be a bug of mine i need to fix - hope so anyway.

if u run dump.exe do u see the same output? that's basically just some sample code from the RtMidi lib i use with a bit of decode on midi data from me, but if u see data in that then the RtMidi is sending it to me.

and if *that* shows the data coming thru when u dont press any keys - yet u dont see it in traktor - could u run midi-ox and see what that says?

if u go into traktor and click 'learn' it doesn't keep changing the midi name then?

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast