Which Dj music pool is the best ? - Page 2
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Tech Mentor

I do realize that's the whole point, and that's why I don't understand why they included that in their Terms of Use. When people from my country's copyright office (or whatever you call that) come check on my music library they're gonna ask where I got all my digital music from, and 9 out of 10 they will never have heard about these pools.
    What they're probably going to do next is read these Terms of Use, and see that I was not allowed to spin these tunes live. Which leaves me with a huge fine, no matter what all the people on forums may have said. Because in the end, it's just these Terms of Use that matter (assuming the aforementioned pool has valid Terms of Use, of course).

However, since these ToU seem to contradict the intention so much, I'm hoping I'm interpreting them wrong, which is why I posted this here: to get opinions from you guys with experience. And unfortunately, just being a member of zipDJ doesn't quite provide the legal reassurance I need - no offence of course.
    Dell XPS 15 1080p -|- Kontrol X1 -|- Kontrol F1 -|- Akai LPD8 -|- Audio 6 -|- Traktor Scratch Pro 2.5 -|- 2 * Reloop RP-4000 M3Ds

DJTT Infectious Moderator photojojo's Avatar

That sentence in bold seems to mean you can't distribute copies of the music or at least that's the way I understand it. It doesn't say anything about performing.
    Chris Jennings FHP

Podcast - Soundcloud - Mixcloud - Beatport Charts - x

Tech Mentor

The first one does indeed - although playing music for other people could in a way be understood as "provide through any means".

What worries me most though is the second part, it's pretty explicit: "the service is designed for personal sampling and use". Ain't nothing too ambiguous about that, right? DJ'ing to an audience doesn't sound like anything personal to me?
    Dell XPS 15 1080p -|- Kontrol X1 -|- Kontrol F1 -|- Akai LPD8 -|- Audio 6 -|- Traktor Scratch Pro 2.5 -|- 2 * Reloop RP-4000 M3Ds

Tech Mentor

It just reiterates that you can't share it with other people. That is all.
    Live Gear : MacBook Pro 13" & 15" (depends which one I grab), Kontrol S4, Midi-Fighter, Shure SRH750DJ, Dedication.
    Quote Originally Posted by Karlos Santos View Post
    itajen just told Chilly to read the fucking manual... lol
    *takes hat off and bows to itajen*
    Be the change you want to see in the world.

Quote Originally Posted by StephanV View Post
    The first one does indeed - although playing music for other people could in a way be understood as "provide through any means".

What worries me most though is the second part, it's pretty explicit: "the service is designed for personal sampling and use". Ain't nothing too ambiguous about that, right? DJ'ing to an audience doesn't sound like anything personal to me?
    send them an email to see what they reply about playing tracks live at clubs or events.
    Controllerist: Think different | SoundCloud | MixCloud | Twitter |

there's been a lot of discussion on pools before.. have a dig through the search function and you may find some extra info and other recommendations. there was also a main blog article too if i recall.

Quote Originally Posted by StephanV View Post
    I do realize that's the whole point, and that's why I don't understand why they included that in their Terms of Use. When people from my country's copyright office (or whatever you call that) come check on my music library they're gonna ask where I got all my digital music from, and 9 out of 10 they will never have heard about these pools.
    What they're probably going to do next is read these Terms of Use, and see that I was not allowed to spin these tunes live. Which leaves me with a huge fine, no matter what all the people on forums may have said. Because in the end, it's just these Terms of Use that matter (assuming the aforementioned pool has valid Terms of Use, of course).
    this happens in your country? that's scary man. where you from? it would take them alot of paper-work and a good reason to be able to even look at my files in germany.
    "its not designed to impress mozart ffs its meant for ppl to rave out to." - unknown
    LAZERNOIZE Latest Gig Recording (50Min. of Trap+Dubstep)

Tech Mentor

I'm from Belgium, and technically they don't have the right to look into my stuff, but if I refuse they just call the police to do it for them, so it's just a short delay really.

I've just sent an email to djcity with a couple of questions regarding copyright infringement with these pools for use outside the USA, I'll post back if they reply with something useful!

Tech Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by josh@firestorm View Post
    there's been a lot of discussion on pools before.. have a dig through the search function and you may find some extra info and other recommendations. there was also a main blog article too if i recall.
    Sorry, didn't think about it...I'll definitely search it up on forum..

Tech Wizard

itajeN, how much are you paying for zipDJ ?
    You see, i heard a lot of people using djcity, and they dj at clubs, so I don't think they are doing something illegal....however, zipDJ was a new discovery for me when i googled dj music pools.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast