2 crashes in one event...boooo.
    Tech Convert

Default 2 crashes in one event...boooo.

So I was using my S4 at an event today and was using the explorer to find a song that was on my desktop. When I hit the desktop icon the program just quit and shutdown. Totally sucked as I had to restart and wait a minute for it to open back up. Luckily I chopped it up on the mic with the people attending and they were cool with it.

20 minutes later I tried the same thing and the same crash. Totally embarrassing.

Are there crash logs? Who would I submit them to?

Did you upgrade your software?

Tech Convert

I'm on 1.0.1. That is the latest I think.

DJTT Moderator bloke Karlos Santos's Avatar

You should find a crash log and attach it to a Support From at NI.
    (i dunno where PC crash logs are, google it?)

Tech Convert

I'm on a Mac.

DJTT Moderator bloke Karlos Santos's Avatar

Goto Spotlight and type 'Console' click that and you will find a Traktor crash log.

File with techinical support at NI.

Traktor sucks up almost 250mb while running on my laptop (W7 x64). i realize you were probably searching for a song that you either couldn't find or would have taken too long to locate in the browser, but expect to have issues whenever you execute programs while Traktor is running. whenever i perform (and even when i'm not), i kill all processes, including desktop windows manager (dwm.exe, needs to be stopped twice) and explorer. as a general matter (and not taking into account CPU speed), if you can reduce the number of processes running on your machine to less than 35, you'll be less likely to encounter freezing/glitching/popping/cracking/etc., even if you attempt to locate a track outside of Traktor. i'm obviously speaking more to Windows users, but the concept is the same on a Mac.
    Last edited by mattcheau; 03-24-2011 at 04:11 PM.

Tech Convert

I think there is a little confusion. I was using the browser within traktor to find a track that was on my desktop. I was doing everything inside the program. There were no external programs running. I clicked on the explorer tab, clicked home and then it crashed. The second time I made it to the desktop tab and it crashed.

Maybe you should try reinstalling the software. I had a problem on Traktor Pro where if I was searching for a song in the search bar with a track running on the left track it would freeze my whole computer. I reinstalled and it worked like a charm up until it became obsolete with the S4 software.
    MacBook Pro 13" 8GB RAM | Traktor Kontrol S4 | 2x Technics 1200Mk5 TTs | Yamaha Motif ES8 | M-Audio Axiom Pro 49 Controller | M-Audio Audiophile AV 30/40 Speakers | Pioneer HDJ-2000 | MIDI Fighter |

http://soundcloud.com/fullkontrol

Quote Originally Posted by rebelguy View Post
    I think there is a little confusion. I was using the browser within traktor to find a track that was on my desktop. I was doing everything inside the program. There were no external programs running. I clicked on the explorer tab, clicked home and then it crashed. The second time I made it to the desktop tab and it crashed.
    yea sorry, it's been a very confusing day for me haha. and yea, that's shittier than what i thought happened. reinstallation will fix it, guaranteed--at least for a little while.