Cracked DVS Software - Page 3
Page 3 of 26 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Cracked Software, Im sure everyone has used it atleast once, be it Traktor, Live, OSx, or Windows...I know people like bashing Microsoft. I love using the follow pix

Controllerist: Think different | SoundCloud | MixCloud | Twitter |

I have several cracked/downloaded VSTinstruments. That's an item I can NOT justify paying for without trying, and if they don't offer a demo, I'll crack it. However, ANY VST that gets used in a track, is either owned, or gets purchased very quickly.

As far as Software, I prescribe to a try before I buy concept when it comes to music, but all the major pieces of music software I use, I own at this point. (Traktor, SSL (yah i know the software is free, but I own a box), Melodyne, Ableton 7, Cubase...)
    Monika.mhz - I do things. Also stuff.
    -------------------
    Read the F.A.Q!
    Articles: Streamline Your Laptop for Djs(Windows)

Retired DJTT Moderator DvlsAdvct's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by RSDJMoniker View Post
    SSL (yah i know the software is free, but I own a box)
    I am genuinely curious, not trying to start shit or anything... can one use SSL without the box?

Regardless, when I first started I had a cracked version of T2.somethingorother. I liked it so I bought Traktor/Final Scratch.

Music software costs a lot of money so I can understand people on a try-before-you-buy policy. But that's under the assumption that's what one does.

In the past, if you couldn't afford the vinyl records to be a DJ then you probably had to steal them. Same for CDs. There's very little justification for that, in my mind. If you can't afford the tools you don't deserve to be in the trade.

I own all the software I use (Project 5, Reason 4, Traktor Scratch Pro, a few VSTs). If you have to crack it cause you're broke then I have no sympathy.
    It's the FAQ. Read it.

My Mixes, Mashups and Rants

Divided we stand
    United we fall

RSDJ correct me if im wrong, but you can download Serato, install it on you machine, setup up your cue points, and crates w/o the box. So when you show up to a club with SL-1 already setup all you do is plug an play. So all you would need is the timecodes and some needles. Of course you would need to setup you preferces before hand, maybe go over to a friends house that already has the SL-1 or the T57. So in a way using Serato w/o purchasing the box can be looked at as using pirated software being that the box acts a dongle.
    Last edited by JesC; 03-04-2009 at 04:14 PM.

JesC: Pretty much correct. You can even use serato without timecodes/vinyl in internal mode.

Also you can download the CD ISOs free right from Serato. So you don't have to buy a thing.

Otherwise, without the SL1 box or compatable Rane hardware, it's a fancy single deck media player.
    -------------------
    Read the F.A.Q!

Quote Originally Posted by DvlsAdvct View Post
    If you have to crack it cause you're broke then I have no sympathy.
    Agreed. "I have to download music because I'm poor" "I had to steal a car because I couldn't afford one"

Worst argument ever. Try before you buy is the best argument I've heard at this point. It's hard for me to justify dropping 300-800 bucks on a piece of software I've never used before. (except ableton, I spent 5 minutes with it in guitar center and knew I wanted it.)
    -------------------
    Read the F.A.Q!

Totally forgot about internal mode, so if you really wanted to you could use 2 Asus Eee netbooks into 1 mixer and have serato for free!

Tech Wizard

Ok guys, sad truth for me is that I don't have a single piece of software that I have bought including the OS.

The simple reason for this is that I cannot afford it, although I do pay a small yearly subscription to a site that provides me with everything.

I am a Student and have no income at all. As those in the UK may know the student loan undergraduate university students receive is just over £3000 a year. I pay over £4000 a year for my accomodation as I study away from home on top of this I need to pay for all my utility bills, food, clothes etc. Obviously the loan covers nowhere near this and therefore the last thing I could ever afford for the next few years is software, especially when its so easy to access for free.

I dont brag about having free software, I don't think its cool.

Hopefully, when I graduate I will be on a decent wage (if the economy brightens up!) and then I will have no problem what so ever in paying for any of these programs. Anyhow, if these companies build up a young fan base there is a lot of potential income to be had in future years.
    I don't know of any of my friends who have legit software for exactly the same reasons, its simply out of our price range for the time being.

Quote Originally Posted by JesC View Post
    Totally forgot about internal mode, so if you really wanted to you could use 2 Asus Eee netbooks into 1 mixer and have serato for free!
    you need compatible hardware to run internal mode. you don't need SSL hardware to run SSL in one deck mode but you won't have pitch control options or anything.
    We don't believe in the star system. We want the focus to be on the music. If we have to create an image, it must be an artificial image. That combination hides our physicality and also shows our view of the star system. It is not a compromise-daftpunk

Quote Originally Posted by JesC View Post
    No pitch/speed adjust without the Box. Once you plug in the box, internal mode works with pitch, etc.
    -------------------
    Read the F.A.Q!

Page 3 of 26 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast