S4 + Midi Fighter. Scratch Practice video
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default S4 + Midi Fighter. Scratch Practice video

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lqTIDYCmXq8

This is a basic scratching demo using the Traktor Kontrol S4 with the DJ TechTools Midi Fighter. I didn't want to keep scratching on the crossfader of the S4 since I was unsure of the fader life and how to replace the fader if it did fail.

I setup Channel A's volume to cut on when the button on the Midi Fighter is depressed. The channel volume instantly turns off after the button is released. The button acts as the fader opening and closing and is similar in nature to punch or transform buttons you'd see on older mixers.

That's tight man! Thanks for sharing

DJTT Infectious Moderator photojojo's Avatar

nice
    Chris Jennings FHP

Podcast - Soundcloud - Mixcloud - Beatport Charts - x

Hi, I agree with you in the sense that the s4 crossfader doesn't seem to be so strong, so I tried to emulate your modifier...would you mind tell us how you mapped it? The way i started was the volume fader for deck a would set the fader at zero when depressed, but i'm having trouble revert back up when my controller wasn't depressed. I tried to have it set so the fader would always be 100% other wise, but everything got really screwed up in testing.

Excellent thinking on using the MIDIfighter for it!
    RSTRCTD | twitter | facebook (RSTRCTD) facebook (LJ) | vimeo | pinterest | my studio | soundcloud (RSTRCTD)| soundcloud (LJ)
    -- CHECK our DEBUT (DEEP)HOUSE EP RELEASE ON BEATPORT "RSTRCTD - EXISTENCE" --

DJTT Infectious Moderator photojojo's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by M Elbert Grant View Post
    Hi, I agree with you in the sense that the s4 crossfader doesn't seem to be so strong, so I tried to emulate your modifier...would you mind tell us how you mapped it? The way i started was the volume fader for deck a would set the fader at zero when depressed, but i'm having trouble revert back up when my controller wasn't depressed. I tried to have it set so the fader would always be 100% other wise, but everything got really screwed up in testing.
    Did you set the button to hold?
    Chris Jennings FHP

Podcast - Soundcloud - Mixcloud - Beatport Charts - x

Quote Originally Posted by Tekki View Post
    Excellent thinking on using the MIDIfighter for it!
    indeed. and if somehow, I wear out the buttons doing this, i just replace it with my extra ones on hand.

right now i'm trying to figure out a way to work this into some kind of combo system.
    Last edited by Jason Cerna; 03-20-2011 at 08:32 AM. Reason: grammar

In what way do you want to work it into some kind of a combo system?
    RSTRCTD | twitter | facebook (RSTRCTD) facebook (LJ) | vimeo | pinterest | my studio | soundcloud (RSTRCTD)| soundcloud (LJ)
    -- CHECK our DEBUT (DEEP)HOUSE EP RELEASE ON BEATPORT "RSTRCTD - EXISTENCE" --

Quote Originally Posted by M Elbert Grant View Post
    I had the same problem when I just mapped the button. Now, I have a modifier shift toggle that I use to "engage" scratch mode on that button. And I have a toggle that turns the volume back up when I hit the shift button + the scratch button.

Quote Originally Posted by Tekki View Post
    In what way do you want to work it into some kind of a combo system?
    i'm trying to figure something out as i teach myself these advanced modifiers.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast