Headphones, give advice! - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by JonathanBlake View Post
    Got tma-1's as I discovered DJTT, so went with them on the basis of other reviews. Use Bose QC15's for listening. Have UE Triple-Fi 10's when I want/need IEm's. Had Dr. Dre's on loan for a week. tma-1's are astounding.
    (mainly deep & tech house, some prog, minimal and dub)
    Which Dre's? And how did you like them compared to the TMAs?

Quote Originally Posted by Tekki View Post
    This is the one, favourite it, and learn it by heart!

http://www.skratchworx.com/reviews/headphones_2010.php
    cheers for that, made an interesting read...

(a snippet from the skratchworx review-but well worth a read)
    The Bottom Line

As I've previously stated, I think all the headphones in this group can be happily used by any DJs. It really does come down to your personal needs. So if you were expecting me say Headphone X is the best then you're wrong. I can state that the Ultrasone DJ1 Pro, Pioneer HDJ-2000 and Sennheiser HD25-1 IIs are my favourite. And if pressed to pick a pair to become my day to day cans, then I'd probably go for the Sennheiser HD25s. But they have to go back. Bugger.
    Please LIKE MY PAGE FACEBOOK Page and I'll Return The Favor

)))---|> http://facebook.com/DjBullyBolger <|---(((

Tech Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by MuzicFreq View Post
    headphone reviews i dont trust much since you can get a highend pair and people will judge them before burn in. My Sony MDR-V700 when I got them first sounded like crap with no bass then all of a sudden after a month of constantly playing music it suddenly sounded awesome and continues from there.
    yes that is why i ask here, to hear what people say after a while of use. The reviews are unisono, but i know from my HT7X's that i was disappointed at first and only kept them for lack of money. After a while, they suddenly started to sound surprisingly good.

oh, and i listen to music about 8 hours a day. half of that on headphones, so light weight is a plus. Don't know about those pioneer things, they look heavy.

Thanks so far everyone, a lot more options now that i wanted, but i will check them all out and see what i can get my hands on for testing.

Quote Originally Posted by Groats View Post
    yes that is why i ask here, to hear what people say after a while of use. The reviews are unisono, but i know from my HT7X's that i was disappointed at first and only kept them for lack of money. After a while, they suddenly started to sound surprisingly good.

oh, and i listen to music about 8 hours a day. half of that on headphones, so light weight is a plus. Don't know about those pioneer things, they look heavy.

Thanks so far everyone, a lot more options now that i wanted, but i will check them all out and see what i can get my hands on for testing.
    headphone weight isnt a problem for me since I have always been wearing headsets that were pretty heavy for like several years now =p funny thing is... I hate light weight headphones alot!
    /人◕‿‿◕人\
    --Its not the OS, It's the user--

Quote Originally Posted by IrishBlaggard View Post
    cheers for that, made an interesting read...

(a snippet from the skratchworx review-but well worth a read)
    The Bottom Line

As I've previously stated, I think all the headphones in this group can be happily used by any DJs. It really does come down to your personal needs. So if you were expecting me say Headphone X is the best then you're wrong. I can state that the Ultrasone DJ1 Pro, Pioneer HDJ-2000 and Sennheiser HD25-1 IIs are my favourite. And if pressed to pick a pair to become my day to day cans, then I'd probably go for the Sennheiser HD25s. But they have to go back. Bugger.
    Anytime man.

Only thing I have to add here, is this:

If you have an extremely large head, like myself, in diameter, the Sennheiser will not be for you.
    The thing is pressing that hard, you will have a headache within 10 minutes.
    I have gone for the Pioneer HDJ500 instead.
    The sound may be a little bit less than the Sennheiser, than again, if I want studio sound, I will not go for Sennheiser but BeyerDynamic.

When DJ-ing you'd want a nice fat bass and a good definition in mediums and highs.
    For me the HDJ500 is more than satisfying.
    RSTRCTD | twitter | facebook (RSTRCTD) facebook (LJ) | vimeo | pinterest | my studio | soundcloud (RSTRCTD)| soundcloud (LJ)
    -- CHECK our DEBUT (DEEP)HOUSE EP RELEASE ON BEATPORT "RSTRCTD - EXISTENCE" --

@ Tekki,

Which Beyer's are you using? I use the DT770's for listening & audio editing.
    "Walking the fine line between Stupidity and Genious" My Soundcloud ---- My Mixcloud
    MBP Retina 2015--TSP 2.10--2xDNSC5000--2xDNSC2900--2xDNSC2000--NI F1--Denon DN-X1700--HDJ2000--Stanton STR8-80--QSC K12's--Crown Amplifier--Urei Monitors

Tech Mentor

I bought a pair of Sony-7506's 2 years ago, used them for EVERYTHING. home listening, walking to class, rain, snow, djing, producing, you name it. By the time I was wrapping them in duct tape to hold them together I decided it was time for a new pair and went with the TMA-1's.

Personally, I think the sony's sound better. but I can see the affinity dj's have towards the TMA-1's because of the heavy bass response. I kept my TMA-1's in my room and only at gigs, and continued to abuse the sony's for everyday use. The left can on the TMA-1's crapped out within 2.5 months, and the Sony's are still going strong.

I don't think that should deter you from the TMA-1's, as the costumer service people have been great and are sending me a new pair as we speak. But there is something to be said for the good-ol-workhorse. Whenever friends ask for headphone recommendations, I ALWAYS go for the Sony's

Quote Originally Posted by Coldfuzion View Post
    Which Dre's? And how did you like them compared to the TMAs?
    The (Studio) Beats.
    - High maintenance (had them in black) - high gloss finish a pain in the you-know-what (OK I am a tad anal)
    - Expensive (a bit of 'royalty' due to the good Doc?)
    - Bass (albeit awesome) - overwhelms the mids
    - Consumer forums warn of breakage at the sliders
    - Personally find them a bit 'blingy'
    - Leave them on = dead AA's = NO SOUND!
    - tma-1's sexier than Anne Hathaway
    - tma-1's have a balanced, refined sound
    Had lots of 'fun' with Beats and did enjoy them, but SO happy with my tma-1's.
    Last edited by JonathanBlake; 02-16-2011 at 06:51 PM. Reason: correction

Quote Originally Posted by SirReal View Post
    @ Tekki,

Which Beyer's are you using? I use the DT770's for listening & audio editing.
    DT-770s are great!

I had the chance of longterm using limited edition BeyerDynamics DT-990 pro.
    (not the plastic, but the metal one)

Even though I am more than satisfied with my AKG K242HD for the time being for home studio use, I would love to have the DT990pro at home too.
    RSTRCTD | twitter | facebook (RSTRCTD) facebook (LJ) | vimeo | pinterest | my studio | soundcloud (RSTRCTD)| soundcloud (LJ)
    -- CHECK our DEBUT (DEEP)HOUSE EP RELEASE ON BEATPORT "RSTRCTD - EXISTENCE" --

Tech Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by JonathanBlake View Post
    The (Studio) Beats.
    - High maintenance (had them in black) - high gloss finish a pain in the you-know-what (OK I am a tad anal)
    - Expensive (a bit if 'royalty' due to the good Doc?)
    - Bass (albeit awesome) - overwhelms the mids
    - Consumer forums warn of breakage at the sliders
    - Personally find them a bit 'blingy'
    - Leave them on = dead AA's = NO SOUND!
    Bling (high gloss plus hip-hop bass), the price, and BATTERIES? no way, i am way too forgetful and anti-bling for those to be an option.

massive bass isn't important. Sure, it has to be there and it has to be punchy, but i dread those hip-hop style basses where you feel like someone tried to suffocate you with a pillow on every beat. Friend of mine has a car stereo that does nothing but simulate the sounds of continental drift. Is there an english word that says "dry" like the french "sec"? That's what i am looking for.

Will definitely look at the Sony-7506's. I think they look crap compared to TMA-1's, but reviews say they sound great and the shop around the corner sells them so i might be able to test. Thanks, rami

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast