Working on a Website. - Page 2
Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by 3heads View Post
    See, that's basically the point I'm making: if you don't know what to put on there, you probably don't need it. But that might just be me
    I disagree, strongly. If you just have a facebook page which anyone can make people will take you less seriously. The minute you have a .com, people know you're not joking around.

That's how I feel at least. When I met people in the business world (I used to work for a subsidy of Manpower) if they ever said "Yeah you can check my services out on Facebook" instead of "Yeah you can check my services out on <insert name here>.com" there is a HUGE difference in the amount of respect you get, and the way people perceive you.

No matter whether you like it or not, people judge based on everything. From appearance, to demeanor. Personally, I plan on being professional through out which will hopefully allow me to have some-what of a DJ career. I don't plan on making a lot of money or achieve super stardom from this adventure of mine, but I sure as hell am going to try.

I'm going to do everything in my power to try to get as far as I possibly can regarding having a DJing career, if it works out that'd be amazing. If it doesn't I have my degrees to back me up .

The entire point I am trying make is it is important to be as professional as possible (while still having fun). I have a Facebook fan page, twitter, sound cloud, website, and whatever else I need i'll grab! I'm going to put forth my best effort to make the best impression possible.

Giving people as many options as I can in ways they can contact and connect with me!
    Last edited by Coldfuzion; 02-16-2011 at 11:45 AM.

Hey not a bad start.
    3 comments:
    -Your banner image is quite large. Do you plan on sticking with that one? Do you have a logo? Visual recognition with a name is pretty important.
    -Grey space above the banner takes up room for no reason.
    -Keeping a mix on your home page doesn't hurt (IMO)

Keep it up!
    "Listening to Techno without bass is like trying to get yourself off without using your hands."
    My music blog: www.thevlyhouse.com

Quote Originally Posted by The Vly View Post
    Hey not a bad start.
    3 comments:
    -Your banner image is quite large. Do you plan on sticking with that one? Do you have a logo? Visual recognition with a name is pretty important.
    -Grey space above the banner takes up room for no reason.
    -Keeping a mix on your home page doesn't hurt (IMO)

Keep it up!
    Hey man,

I am actually going to grab Photoshop from a friend or use it on his / hers computer and try to create my own banner. That one is getting replaced for sure.

Very true about the grey space, i'll get rid of it (as soon as I figure out how to on this dumb program).

I added a mix page just 5 - 10 minutes ago, think thats sufficient? Or should I get like a mix playing as soon as people hit my site? Or just have a player on it?

Thanks for your input!

Photoshop - good man! Hit me up if you ever want some help.
    I would add a playable mix (your Soundcloud) on the homepage, not only under "Mixes."
    The less pages people have to navigate (in listening to a new DJ), the better. My blog pages rarely ever get viewed, only the main site.
    And I would leave the Soundcloud player - which means the user chooses to start your music. Websites that auto-start usually drive me nuts, as I browse listening to my own stuff.
    "Listening to Techno without bass is like trying to get yourself off without using your hands."
    My music blog: www.thevlyhouse.com

Quote Originally Posted by The Vly View Post
    Photoshop - good man! Hit me up if you ever want some help.
    I would add a playable mix (your Soundcloud) on the homepage, not only under "Mixes."
    The less pages people have to navigate (in listening to a new DJ), the better. My blog pages rarely ever get viewed, only the main site.
    And I would leave the Soundcloud player - which means the user chooses to start your music. Websites that auto-start usually drive me nuts, as I browse listening to my own stuff.
    Makes sense, thanks!

Tech Guru

I'm sure all these already suggested -.-

I would incorporate embeding your Twatter, Casebook, Skype.

The mixes are cool, but a embeded player looks much better.

Video would spice things up. Perhaps some actual video of your gigs.

Photos.

Maybe get some testimonials from your previous customers.

I understand its new, but the site needs to pop in a professional manner.

Needs some information about and how you play. Where you can play. Info info info.

@Coldfuzion...
    loving this tread, hope you dont mind me stealing some ideas from it

dont know if i will get a dot com but i like the idea's that are flowing in, keep em coming, as im sure this tread will help others with idea's...
    Please LIKE MY PAGE FACEBOOK Page and I'll Return The Favor

)))---|> http://facebook.com/DjBullyBolger <|---(((

Quote Originally Posted by TheBlackHombre View Post
    Website is not working for me so I don't know what it looks like, but make sure you include these things into your site. (I'm a web-designer)

-Picture Link to Facebook, Twitter
    -Blog page which is integrated with Twitter (optional but is recommended)
    -Contact page which has your contact information
    -Embedded Media Player (an embedded Soundcloud is NOT professional)
    -Download links of your sample mixes (not to a 3rd party website, it should be direct downloaded from your website)
    -Pictures, Videos (duh)
    -About page about how you got started, what music you play, what your style is, what type of events you perform for, etc

The site should look clean, be easy to navigate, and be professional. Good luck man.
    Damnit, really? It's not working?
    Awesome tips! That's exactly what I was looking for! Fking love this forum!

As of right now, the website is far from professional as I just created it. However I will be working diligently in order to make it professional.

Thank you all for your tips.

No problem Irish!

BlackHombre - That's awesome, i'll be taking a look at the links in a second. Did mine still not work? A PM will be in your inbox in a minute .

@BlackHombre thanks alot for the links very help full
    Please LIKE MY PAGE FACEBOOK Page and I'll Return The Favor

)))---|> http://facebook.com/DjBullyBolger <|---(((

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast