New Traktor Info leaked by Dolphin Music - Page 5
Page 5 of 21 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast
    DJTT Moderator bloke Karlos Santos's Avatar

Yeah dude i meant that his inference that either the software wouldnt work with the hardware or vice verse was wrong.

I can see the confusion though.
    No worries man i know you werent trying anything

Tech Wizard

My question is this:

I have Traktor DUO right now, and want to upgrade to traktor pro for 100 bux

Will it cost more than that to upgrade to traktor pro 2 if I wait?

Quote Originally Posted by MaxRuck View Post
    My question is this:

I have Traktor DUO right now, and want to upgrade to traktor pro for 100 bux

Will it cost more than that to upgrade to traktor pro 2 if I wait?
    just to clarify this for the millionth time,

No one knows about pricing or upgrade policy yet

that is all.
    TSP 2 | Serato DJ | Live 8 | MBP (SSD + HDD) | AIAIA TMA-1 Fool's Gold Edition | 1200 Mk2s | MidiFighter | KRK RP5
    Xone: DB4 | Pioneer CDJ-2000 Nexus
    DJTT FAQ | Read my guide to AUDIO CABLES

Tech Wizard

What was the retailers specified release date Karlos? Maybe it would alliviate some stress on our behalf...

Quote Originally Posted by Paulo View Post
    What was the retailers specified release date Karlos? Maybe it would alliviate some stress on our behalf...
    TSP 2 | Serato DJ | Live 8 | MBP (SSD + HDD) | AIAIA TMA-1 Fool's Gold Edition | 1200 Mk2s | MidiFighter | KRK RP5
    Xone: DB4 | Pioneer CDJ-2000 Nexus
    DJTT FAQ | Read my guide to AUDIO CABLES

Okay, they got me. I'm betting I know what soft-sync is, and if I'm right, it's something I was hoping for. I'm thinking that it means you can use auto sync with vinyl control…scratch stuff, and when the record/cd returns to 0% pitch, it just jumps back in time, though probably not in phase. Whatever. That's big as far as I'm concerned. Full vinyl control + sync…turntablist routines are about to get more interesting, at least.

Colored waveforms are, well…whatever.

They got me when they said that you could switch any of the decks to sample decks. If that's true, and I can do 3+1…I may have just dropped Ableton from my setup entirely. 2+2 would have been too restrictive to me, but…if I can actually do 3+1, I'm ordering as soon as it becomes available. If SoftSync works the way I think it does, I might even go with TSP2 instead of TP2 for the day when I eventually buy decks again.

It also looked less ugly in that video than the current version, so…yay. Also, knowing that the software has been used in a live environment at least once without any major hiccups is good for the skittish early-adopter in me.

Congrats, NI. You might just be selling me another sound card after I swore it off.

Tech Guru

well heres what i think.

softsync on tsp2 is only going to hurt them with the vynil dj market. theres a lot of guys that are going to take great offense to that. you can debate its merits all you want but i guarantee you, of those that were considering tsp because of shiftee and craze just remained or became serato customers.

with regard to the other features. theyre ok i guess. its basically just the s4 software but its fully midi mappable. they better work out all their windows issues they are having on s4 pro or none of those features are going to matter.

ill still buy the upgrade cause i pretty much buy anything thats new just to play with it for the hobbies im into. but on the whole, this update is pretty meh imo
    Baked Chicken | Brown Rice | Asparagus | Apple Juice | Snack Wells | Pretzel Chips | Lots of Water

Quote Originally Posted by xtianw View Post
    well heres what i think.

but on the whole, this update is pretty meh imo
    Heres what i think....

Controllerist: Think different | SoundCloud | MixCloud | Twitter |

Tech Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by fullenglishpint View Post
    erm... when and where?
    http://www.native-instruments.com/#/...-s4/?page=1819

Q: Will the new features in TRAKTOR KONTROL S4 also be available in the regular TRAKTOR PRO software?

A: Yes, Sample Decks and Loop Recorder will be part of a future TRAKTOR PRO update. Details about the scope and availability of this update will be announced at a later date.
    That is on the S4 FAQ. I think some people may have incorrectly assumed update=free, upgrade=paid. I too thought I remembered someone saying it would be a free update (might've been a youtube video or something).

IMO, it doesn't seem like they're adding tons of groundbreaking features. Just colored waveforms, sample decks (which I guess is fairly significant) and possibly new effects. How much did the TP upgrade cost? If its a fair chunk of change, I'll probably just stick with TP until I need/want a new audio interface.

I wonder how, and if they'll choose to implement these updates for S4 users. I'm really curious as to see if the S4 will just require a small paid upgrade since we already have a majority of those features or if we will have to pick up entirely new software.

I also am interested in seeing if NI will do anything about side by side wave forms, as that seems extremely helpful to me, and is the only reason I would ever chose to use Serato.

Any info on the following two all mighty Karlos of next to a canal in England?

Page 5 of 21 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast