New Traktor Info leaked by Dolphin Music - Page 14
Page 14 of 21 FirstFirst ... 4101112131415161718 ... LastLast
    Tech Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Rukks View Post
    I don't know if this has been mentioned, but if they don't offer a SIGNIFICANTLY LOWER price for s4 owners to upgrade I am going to be extremely upset, probably sell this thing. If they don't offer that then they need to clean up the s4 software for windows. It is just ridiculous that a company releases a product with specs and then it doesn't hold up to whats written on the package.
    I dare to think that for stability improvement, we shouldn't worry. A hint just came to my mind - the dolphin site had listed upgrades for TP, TSP, TD, TSD - there was none for S4. What does this lead you to think?

On a side note, I would guess that we may need to pay some sort of a TSP upgrade for the timecode to start working, but that's different ... it's N2IT patent and blah-blah ...

After all, S4 already has the major new features from T2. Also, since they've used the S4 customers as early adopters for the new features and got some real-life feedback, they somewhat owe a free upgrade. My gut feeling also says that it'd be (operationally) unjustified for them to support a separate S4 branch in-between Traktor 1.2.X and 2.X. It'd just be cheaper for them to streamline it all to 2.X and also get a happier customer base.

we'll soon see

Tech Mentor

I can see a situation where there is no upgrade for traktor S4 at all.
    Instead newer versions only fix bugs.

If you want the newer features they will charge you a crossgrade instead.

Tech Guru

Does anyone here think that when they announce TSP 2 that it will be available immediately. I mean if Dolphin music is already listing them on the site that must mean they're going to be available soon. I hope it's not a case like Traktor S4 where they announce it and then take another while to announce an actual release date. I just want the damn thing.

Tech Guru

Another thing just occurred to me, I think S4 owners will get a free upgrade. Just as knaumov suggested, if they do end up turning the entire product line into Traktor Pro 2, then the S4 should in theory start shipping with Traktor Pro 2. This would piss off a lot of early adopters of the S4 if they had to pay to upgrade while new users reap the benefits of waiting and getting the latest software. I can S4 users having to pay for Scratch Pro 2, but paying for Pro 2 would be a slap in the face.

Tech Guru

^ that's what I'm thinking will happen. Much like TP S4 1.0.1 was an entire download vs. just a patch update. I think the it will be an "udpate" for the S4 vs. an upgrade.

Hopefully soon it will be available. My guess is by the end of the month. The SL-4 is slated to become available on 1 April. So the TP2 will come out prior to that.
    SSL - DJM 800 - Technic 1200's - X1 - ITCH - NS6 - VCI-300

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by rdej47 View Post
    Another thing just occurred to me, I think S4 owners will get a free upgrade. Just as knaumov suggested, if they do end up turning the entire product line into Traktor Pro 2, then the S4 should in theory start shipping with Traktor Pro 2. This would piss off a lot of early adopters of the S4 if they had to pay to upgrade while new users reap the benefits of waiting and getting the latest software. I can S4 users having to pay for Scratch Pro 2, but paying for Pro 2 would be a slap in the face.
    I totally agree with you, and it would seem stupid to keep S4 and TP2 as separate platforms

Tech Wizard

yeah that sounds like the most possible route, as there is a pending timecode support patch for the S4 and pending S4 features for TSpro! Much of the confusion will be cleared..

Slap in the face is what pioneer, denon and all the other manufacturers got for their new 4-channel controllers, designed for the current Traktor version. You need supplementary controls for all the sample decks, loop recorder etc.

Quote Originally Posted by oranJe View Post
    Slap in the face is what pioneer, denon and all the other manufacturers got for their new 4-channel controllers, designed for the current Traktor version. You need supplementary controls for all the sample decks, loop recorder etc.
    Didn't even think of that. That's a very good point. Well I guess you don't really "need" supplemental controls, it would just be extremely helpful having those available.

Tech Guru

So let me get this straight...

I can have 4 sample banks, if I sacrifice one of my decks... Which could hold 8 hot cues of a premade sample track. Not as on-the-fly, but more capable.
    Doesn't the S4 software give you sample banks without sacrificing your actual decks, like deckadance? It seems like a step backwards.

Coloured waveforms are a minor bonus, assuming the colours actually represent frequencies and such, not just random colours based on volume haha.

and FOUR more fx? FOUR! Holy cow! Seriously? It just seems like a minor upgrade, not a whole new edition of TP. TP2 should have the best parts of the other DJ programs to be a proper upgrade.

The only thing I want more than anything in Traktor is more than 8 hot cues, and VST effect support. I don't understand why they're so adverse to the idea of VSTs, sure some can cause instability, but thats the users problem, not NI's, and high end VSTs like the new Stutter Edit and The Finger are very stable.

I hope they don't use the maschine as the only way to access a VST function with Traktor that they support, because I refuse to shell out another £400 for ANOTHER controller to go next to my other 3 controllers.

I don't even get the Maschine. Isn't it just a basic pad midi controller with a built in drum machine?

I suppose what I'm getting at is... They expect us to pay for not much more than what we already have and definitely not what the NI user forums mostly requested? Bad effort NI, bad effort.

You can have 4 decks (no sample decks) or 3 decks, 1 sample deck or 2 decks, 2 sample decks with S4. The sample decks replace C& D basically.
    Acer E5 i7 16GB 512SSD 2TBHD ~ WIN 10 ~ TSP 2.11 ~ AUDIO 6 ~ DUAL X1s ~ DN-X1600 ~ SPECTRA ~ TWISTER ~ ATH-PRO500 MK2 ~ ZED6FX ~ AT2020

" I’m the Dude, so that’s what you call me. That or, uh His Dudeness, or uh Duder, or El Duderino, if you’re not into the whole brevity thing. "