MF Deckalized InstaFX Mapping - Page 3
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Looking forward to trying this one out. Nice work Flashflooder !!

Quote Originally Posted by flashflooder View Post
    Hey guys,

This is a mapping I made a while ago based on the Deckalized Focus mapping (http://www.djtechtools.com/forum/showthread.php?t=14435) that replaced all the Tempo controls on the bottom row of buttons with Instant FX buttons. I used it with my VCI and never had any use for the Tempo control buttons. I figured it's worth sharing.

Once I have some time, I'll try to make a proper visual layout but for now, here's what it does in essence:

Each Button on the Bottom Row will trigger an effect and then once you hold that button, the adjacent buttons adjust the rate of the effect (the buttons to the right make it go up in value, buttons to the left go down in value). You can only use one of the effects at a time because once you push one, the other buttons change to be rate adjustments. Try it out and you'll see.

Other than that,
    Shift+Sync = Deck Focus -
    &
    Shift+Cue = Deck Focus +

The rest is Deckalized. I just figured it was worth posting because while I used to have ideas of improving this mapping, I never got around to it but I gave it to some friends that use it, so it's worthy of the forum at least.

Quote Originally Posted by Jergo View Post
    hey i was just wondering what the new effects in place of the pitch/tempo buttons were ? and perhaps maybe a jpeg of the mapping?
    They are currently (from L to R): Slicer, Gater, Digital Lofi, and Reverse Grain. The Slicer is an advanced effect in FX bank 3 and the others are all chained/grouped effects in FX bank 1.

However, I tried to comment it so that it would be easy to change the effects and amount values. If you sort the tsi by comments, you will want to look at the lines with "InstaFX..."

The main reason I haven't made a pic layout yet is that I can't find the illustrator file we used to create the layout for the deckalized mapping and the original mf mapping. Once I find that, it'll be easy. I just don't want to recreate it all and besides the InstaFX on the bottom row, it is almost exactly like the Deckalized focus.

Tech Student

Yo Flashflooder thanks for the mapping, I have been a long time lurker and this mapping forced me to post. I have edited the amounts and effect types to my liking and it is a great new feature for midi-fighter!

Tech Wizard

hey thanks again for the response however i was wondering would it be possible to add the supercombo 1 to this mapping when pressing the beatmasher buttons in succession?

Tech Wizard

There appears to be a number of bugs for me in this mapping. Like Shift + Sync toggles focucs but goes A->D->B->A , and Shift + Cue doesn't drop the cue, instead is also toggles focus but in A->C->D->A ordering. Any one else?

[edit]
    Just re-read the first post and realized S+Cue was changed to not drop cue, but the order still seems broken
    Last edited by JoeM; 02-11-2011 at 12:28 PM.

TSP 2 | Serato DJ | Live 8 | MBP (SSD + HDD) | AIAIA TMA-1 Fool's Gold Edition | 1200 Mk2s | MidiFighter | KRK RP5
    Xone: DB4 | Pioneer CDJ-2000 Nexus
    DJTT FAQ | Read my guide to AUDIO CABLES

I think this mapping is still the best for my needs. Still I would like to see the bottom row from the "Instant Gratification Mapping" and the super combos added to this mapping.

Hope you will give it a go :-) And thank you for the mapping!
    Macbook Pro, iMac 27"
    Vestax VCI-100 SE Arcade FW 1.4, Midi Fighter #409
    Audio 4 DJ
    http://soundcloud.com/soeGG

Quote Originally Posted by soeGG View Post
    I think this mapping is still the best for my needs. Still I would like to see the bottom row from the "Instant Gratification Mapping" and the super combos added to this mapping.

Hope you will give it a go :-) And thank you for the mapping!
    First of all, I'm quite glad people like this mapping. I really never liked the Tempo controls on the bottom of the typical MF mappings (because I use the MF in addition to a VCI-100) so I was always thinking of ways to get more power out of it.

But to answer your guys' questions about adding Supercombos to the InstaFX mapping. Yes, it can be done. I am working on the Deckalized and Instant Grat merge which is going better than expected so I would wait for that. However, if after that people still like the InstaFX design I would then probably set aside some time to modify it to improve it a bit and add Supercombos.

Tech Convert

Chris: I really... I mean REALLY like... this mapping. I'm surprised that there are not more replies here. I think it's because Ian did make a video. Nothing stopping you, the great flashflooder, from posting one

You have given us some degree of accurate control over the slicer, gater and reverse grain values (as opposed to jogwheels and faders on the vci-100) is very interesting and fun to play with.

I actually prefer this over the Insta-grat mapping (which is awesome btw). Thank you for all your hard work! This is awesome!

I'm curious.... does this mapping work with the Midifighter Pro's ?
    Would love to use it in traktor 2.....

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123