[poll] Idea for a new mapping - Give your support!

View Poll Results: What do you think of this mapping?

Voters
60. You may not vote on this poll
  • Love it! DJTT please make this happen.

43 71.67%
  • It's OK, but I have a better idea.

13 21.67%
  • Don't like it.

4 6.67%
Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Default [poll] Idea for a new mapping - Give your support!

Ok so, this is kind of against my normal policy since I don't like asking other people to map things for me, but hear me out!

I just got my midi fighter today and love it. Been playing with the Deckalized mapping on my x1 for a while and think it's great, and the new instant gratification mapping is awesome!

However I want the best of both worlds

It just struck me that with this new 4 bank mode so much is possible. This idea would only work for 2 Decks. So I'll stop babbling and get on with it.

A CROSS BETWEEN THE 2 MAPPINGS utilising 4 bank mode with 2 banks for each deck (1&2 for deck A, 3&4 for deck B)

Banks 1&3 would be a slightly cut down version of the Deckalized mapping, removing the line taken up by the beatmasher. Banks 2&4 would be the same as the Instant Gratification mapping, but of course only for decks A&B. This could be very simply changed to apply to decks C&D with Traktor's duplicate function.

of course, slice commands and beat juggle modes on the bottom 2 rows.

While I would like to be able to map this myself, I simply don't think I have the skills or the understanding of DJTT's use of modifiers etc.

Do you like this idea? Give it a +1, comment with your ideas and/or vote in the poll!

If enough people like it, maybe the guys at DJTT will be nice enough to make it some time.
    Last edited by fullenglishpint; 02-07-2011 at 04:35 PM.
    TSP 2 | Serato DJ | Live 8 | MBP (SSD + HDD) | AIAIA TMA-1 Fool's Gold Edition | 1200 Mk2s | MidiFighter | KRK RP5
    Xone: DB4 | Pioneer CDJ-2000 Nexus
    DJTT FAQ | Read my guide to AUDIO CABLES

Would love to see a proposed Mapping/layout sketch before I vote.
    RSTRCTD | twitter | facebook (RSTRCTD) facebook (LJ) | vimeo | pinterest | my studio | soundcloud (RSTRCTD)| soundcloud (LJ)
    -- CHECK our DEBUT (DEEP)HOUSE EP RELEASE ON BEATPORT "RSTRCTD - EXISTENCE" --

hehe ok, uploading now.
    TSP 2 | Serato DJ | Live 8 | MBP (SSD + HDD) | AIAIA TMA-1 Fool's Gold Edition | 1200 Mk2s | MidiFighter | KRK RP5

The new firmware also has the ability to give your 4banks of 16 buttons if you attach switches to the digital inputs.

Mo buttons for yo money.

Quote Originally Posted by Fatlimey View Post
    The new firmware also has the ability to give your 4banks of 16 buttons if you attach switches to the digital inputs.

Mo buttons for yo money.
    Left my soldering iron in the UK

switched record to the top row since obviously it has to be separate from the slice buttons.

@ItajeN, what's your idea? Got suggestions?

Edit: (internet crashed and the post was missing the last paragraph)

I would not complain at all if this got released, but I would much rather see a DiY Kit that included a external switch to go between the 4 (so the arcade buttons aren't wasted) and also include Ean's Super Faders.

I'd dish out a fair $100-$150 for that kit if it included mappings, parts, and acrylic plates (seems like a fair price). O.o

Also, on the mapping it would seem more logical to put the record button in it's usual place and put a shift button where it is now (then the load can be a shift function). I have 2 MF's, so I'd also like to see the bank buttons be in a deckalized manner (MF 1 gets 4 modes, FX, functions, juggle, and record, while MF 2 gets the same things for deck 2). Just my 2¢
    Last edited by tyfurious; 02-08-2011 at 03:14 PM.
    Traktor/Itch: Xone Dx - MidiFighter x1
    Ableton: Livid Code - iPad - KP3
    Tech: Macbook Pro 17", intel i7, 8gb RAM, 500gb HD 7200RPM

record can't be on the 3rd row because it would be in the place of one of the 8 slice buttons. Shift is whichever bank button is active.

I like the idea of combining these two mappings and I think it could be very powerful, especially if you don't use Decks C or D. If enough people have interest in this I'd be willing to merge two. I might even do it anyways because I found myself wanting the Sample Slicer functionality.

Not sure when I'd get to it, but I don't think it would take very long so I wouldn't worry too much about that. It would more be testing to make sure the mappings jive with each other when merged.

Flashflooder, you are my hero

That's exactly what I was thinking, I love the instFX but I miss juggle mode and the sample slicer.

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast