Traktor mapping tips, tricks and questions. - Page 11
Page 11 of 92 FirstFirst ... 7891011121314152161 ... LastLast

hello everyone,

i have a question but im guessing its an easy one to answer. how do i put que filters on the sample deck slots? i see images of other people using traktor pro 2 in wich the sample decks have filters and volume knobs, mine only has volume...

hope anyone can help!

Tech Guru

think you need a big ass laptop.... and then go into the layout settings in the manager and flick though diff options
    *Samsung rv 511, 8gb ram, core i5 processor* *Samsung netbook 2gb ram* *Traktor pro 2* *Traktor s4* *midi fighter spectra* *audio technica ath-m50x* *m audio trigger finger pro* *ableton* *fl studio* and a load of other random bits and pieces.... plus I like bacon yo.

Just go into preferences and change the sample deck size. You can configure different layouts and switch between them. The manual will tell you everything about it

thanks already solved the problem. just needed to change the layout to an external mixer.
    i was wondering if in traktor pro 2 i could do this: http://www.djtechtools.com/forum/showthread.php?t=14981 hearing the tracks by pressing the headphone button without a soundcard or external mixer. thanks

At minimum, you need a sound card with 2 outs like the Audio DJ2, DJ I/O, etc. In Preferences you have to select the monitor and main outs of your sound card, then you can pre-listen by hitting cue.

I don't remember how it worked exactly, but Stanton had a headphone splitter with the SCS3 system, that worked around having to get a sound card. I think by just running one channel to the head phones the other out and everything mono. Not sure, but look around stantons YouTube on setting up the SCS3 I think it is in one of the videos and that might do the trick for you.
    Last edited by VanGogo; 06-30-2011 at 11:24 AM.

Hey, I just have a random question that has been circulating in my head for a while. I have a VCI-100se and Traktor 2 and I was wondering if there was any new mappings for the VCI for TP2. And if there is not there should really be one.

None that I have heard of, but you are not the only one asking for this, so maybe some one will make one soon.

So I have been struggling to get my set up working smoothly, and it has been a frustrating process. I have a numark mixtrack, which I have mapped myself. I am running traktor 2 and I just recently purchased an audio digital interface (audio 2 dj). My computer only has 2 usb ports, so I have my midi controller and audio 2 dj interface plugged in. I have my speakers wired through my audio 2 dj, and also my headphones through the other line. I am mixing internally, and have the audio 2 dj as my audio device in settings, and audio 2 dj selected as my soundcard. I have music coming through my speakers fine, but i can't figure out how to route any music through my headphones. So I end up beatmatching all of my songs over the speakers and it sounds terrible for an audience. How do I get the track I am mixing in to be played solely though my headphones? All help greatly appreciated.

check your output routings ... monitor should be channels 3/4 .. if your phones are plugged into channel b on the a2 you should be sweet. another thing to check is the monitor mix and volume in traktor. monitor mix should be all the way to the left (aka you will only hear the second tune)
    Acer E5 i7 16GB 512SSD 2TBHD ~ WIN 10 ~ TSP 2.11 ~ AUDIO 6 ~ DUAL X1s ~ DN-X1600 ~ SPECTRA ~ TWISTER ~ ATH-PRO500 MK2 ~ ZED6FX ~ AT2020

" I’m the Dude, so that’s what you call me. That or, uh His Dudeness, or uh Duder, or El Duderino, if you’re not into the whole brevity thing. "

Quote Originally Posted by Jester.NZ View Post
    check your output routings ... monitor should be channels 3/4 .. if your phones are plugged into channel b on the a2 you should be sweet. another thing to check is the monitor mix and volume in traktor. monitor mix should be all the way to the left (aka you will only hear the second tune)
    haha I am getting closer. I now have both decks playing through my speakers and my headphones. I am still unable to isolate any specific deck to my headphones however. Right now my outputs are as follows:
    Output Monitor:
    L 3 Out 3 Audio 2 DJ Channel B left
    R 4 Out 4 Audio 2 DJ Channel B right

Output Master:
    L Out 1 Audio 2 DJ Channel A left
    R Out 2 Audio 2 DJ Channel A right

thanks for your help!!