Novation Launchpad Full 4Deck Mixer Traktor Mapping
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Tech Wizard

Arrow [UPDATED] Novation Launchpad Full 4Deck Mixer Traktor Mapping

Hey DJTT,
    Over the past 2 weeks I've been working on a Launchpad mapping for Traktor that suited my style.
    Now that it is finally done after all this time of headaches and WTF!? moments I've decided to share it with the community to make mixing with the Launchpad much easier.
    The 4 deck mixer mapping is optimized to work with my VCI-100 (not DJTT mapping) and is used by me as a second midi controller with the VCI-100 being the master controller (It can be used together with any master controller)
    Therefore the Launchpad mapping is created to trigger functions that my normal VCI-100 cannot do (full outline of features and functions in the features section)

New in 1.0
    Now features full Bi-Directional Communication, every button and fader now updates automatically when changed.

Download Mapping
    Includes the Traktor .TSI file which should be imported through the controller manager. The layout.txt for Midikatapult, the text file should be placed in the Midikatapult folder,
    and the images outlining each buttons functions on each page of the mapping.

http://www.4shared.com/rar/iRMSCx6G/...d_Mapping.html

Features
    Nearly every usefull Traktor function mapped (except for basic main mixer controls)
    Full Bi-Directional Communication (See Bi-Directional Communication for more info)
    7 Fully mapped pages giving you a total of 448 buttons to play with
    4 Deck Mixing on 1 page
    8 Hotcues & Full loop control for each deck
    Full integrated effect units control (Designed for 2 effect units with 1 being advanced and 2 chained)
    Master Volume Output on each page for a cool equalizer on the Launchpad
    Eq low, mid and high + other control faders for each individual deck
    Full browser controls

Bi-Directional Communication
    This Launchpad mapping features Bi-Directional Communication with Traktor meaning that, as an example, when you change a virtual
    button in Traktor, the corresponding button on the Launchpad surface is also updated. This feature is provided by MidiKatapult.

Note: The Bi-Directional faders will start off at the value 0 when Katapult and Traktor are launched and have to be set to their corrosponding values in Traktor.

Page Layouts
    The following images outline each buttons functions on each page of the Launchpad

Page 1

Page 2 -5

Page 6

Page 7

How to make it work
    To be able to use this mapping with Traktor, 2 programs are needed

1. MidiKatapult - A program for the Launchpad that enables you to customise its layouts,
    Download & More info on the website : http://www.midikatapult.com/

2. A Virtual Midi Port Driver such as
    Loopbe1: http://nerds.de/en/loopbe1.html OR
    Midiyoke: http://www.midiox.com/index.htm?http....com/myoke.htm

Note: Make sure both inputs and outputs are the same in Traktor & MidiKatapult. Also, for Bi-Directional Communication to work properly make sure you are using 2 different ports for each input and output

My Loopbe30 example :
    Katapult : Input = 2. Internal MIDI
    Output = 1. Internal MIDI
    Traktor : Input = 1. Internal MIDI
    Output = 2. Internal MIDI

All programs are free. However, MidiKatapult is a trail version running for 30 minutes and then becoming unfunctional until a restart of the program (which takes 2seconds)
    For more information on how to get MidiKatapult to work visit the forums at : http://forum.midikatapult.com/

I hope you will enjoy my Launchpad mapping as much as I do and I'm open for suggestions.
    Last edited by Gil-Chill; 06-10-2012 at 05:52 PM.

Tech Convert

Default Great but...

hey man, this looks quite amazing...
    I just can't figure out how to make it work.

I'm explaining ,

I installed IPmidi & Katapult on my macbook pro.
    I also put the .txt file in the katapult folder, and when the software loads, it works. ( the launcpad is recognized, and when i tape on one of the button, it appears on katapult. )
    But, when i load the template in traktor, is stays empty. i import the file, but it looks that there s nothing in it.

Tech Wizard

The problem could be that youre running an older version of traktor as in a recent update of traktor the template format was changed.. What version are you running ? Maybe try updating to the latest version. I created the mapping on version 1.2.4
    Hope this helps!
    Last edited by Gil-Chill; 01-17-2011 at 09:48 PM.

Tech Convert

Default this is the good version

Ok, i updated and it now works for the template.
    The problem is now that when i setup Katapult to go on Port1 ( IPmidi) and when i put Port1 in Traktor.. it doesnt work : when i press the learn button, nothing can be listened from the launchpad.
    I think my midi configuration is to blame here.

Tech Wizard

are both the input and ouput on port 1 ? this is the way i have it setup, using loopbe30 - katapult input = loopbe30 port 1 output= loopbe30 port 1 and the same on traktor both in and outputs using the same port.

Tech Convert

Default Thanks

Thanks, everything works Nice now.
    The main problem came from midikatapult that you have to pût in 32 bits in order to work properly (right click on the app, launch in 32 bits)
    Its really Nice

Tech Wizard

ok hahha good to know it finally works now, enjoy

hi

Sorry to be a pain mate but ive got a little problem with the mapping. everything lights up perfect and the LED's change colour when pressed so i know the output is fine but the controls dont work in that when i press play the LED changes but it doesnt trigger the track.

ive changed no settings within katapult. All i've done is imported into Traktor and set the input and output to Loopbe.

any ideas where im going wrong?

Cheers

Jon.
    MacBook Pro, HD25's, Midi-Fighter Classic, Pioneer DDJ-RX , Rekordbox

Tech Wizard

Are both the in and output on loopbe in midikatapult ? You can change those ports by editing the config.txt file in katapult or if you dont know the exact port name just reset the config file to default so when katapult is loaded you can choose the in and ouputs
    Also, heres how i've got it set up
    Hope this helps
    Quote Originally Posted by Gil-Chill View Post
    this is the way i have it setup, using loopbe30 - katapult input = loopbe30 port 1 output= loopbe30 port 1 and the same on traktor both in and outputs using the same port.

Hey, thanks for the reply.

Everything is set how it should be. Katapult In - LoopBe, Katapult Out - LoopBe, Traktor In - LoopBe and Traktor Out - LoopBe.

I know if i can get this sorted it will be awesome but this final hurdle is a real pain!!
    MacBook Pro, HD25's, Midi-Fighter Classic, Pioneer DDJ-RX , Rekordbox

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast