NI kontrol M1 (member mockup) - Page 7
Page 7 of 19 FirstFirst ... 3456789101117 ... LastLast

Hey Joostisme, would you mind if I did a 3d mockup of your concept, similar to the one I did a week back? Just to get a scope on how components would fit, sizing etc.

Thanks.
    Fixing stuff that isn't broken.

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by V-Hoff View Post
    like faderfox did with their modules...
    I like the modular aproach but it should have USB Hubs across the units like.
    faderfox is about the only company that came close to what I am thinking of.

great idea, isn't a must, but a great addition.
    in both sides of the units female usb connections at the same place.
    then you can join them together with something like this (with the right kind of connection)

connection would have to be tight, so that the controllers dont have a gap in between.

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisEPIC View Post
    when i have a little more time, i'll add a full set of arcade buttons and some cross faders on the side, pretty much like the new custom midi fighters but integrated into a mixer.
    the idea of it totally turns me on lolz
    design ideas enough
    maybe look into making a controller yourself?
    I might make one next summer. unless NI made this idea

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by safefire View Post
    Hey Joostisme, would you mind if I did a 3d mockup of your concept, similar to the one I did a week back? Just to get a scope on how components would fit, sizing etc.

Thanks.
    would I mind?
    ofcourse not! it's not patent pending or something.
    what soft ware do you use? maya/sketchup?

you're using the X1 sizes as start right?
    Last edited by joostiisme; 01-12-2011 at 10:16 AM.

I'd be using maya, yeah.
    Wonderful thing about that program is that I can not only make a nice looking render, but also export the model to something that can be machined and manufactured

Yeah, I'd do a mockup of the X1 as a start and use the size / format of that as a base.

I'll get on it tomorrow.

Tech Mentor

nice
    Im studying architecture
    in a few weeks my maya classes start
    looking forward to it alot!
    Maya and CAD are usefull tools if I'd ever make a controller myself.

aaaaaand we're back on topic.

I'm working on a FX module

any suggestions?
    Last edited by joostiisme; 01-12-2011 at 11:09 AM. Reason: typo

i would love to get involved in this project as I am just finishing a midifighter knock off with faders and some joysticks. Im having success with arduino for the brain as it is cost effective and gives you many options. The one problem is you have to run an additional small program on the pc side to convert the serial to midi. Not really a huge deal. Also any ideas on sources for the led ringed encoders? I may start a 3d model in sketchup. Can anybody provide some dimensions??

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by joostiisme View Post
    design ideas enough
    maybe look into making a controller yourself?
    I might make one next summer. unless NI made this idea

lol, sooo. honestly. i just woke up this evening and i noticed i had this page open. and i seriously dont remember doing any of this. lmao
    i even have all the photos and shiit open haha

Quote Originally Posted by bobsagat666 View Post
    i would love to get involved in this project as I am just finishing a midifighter knock off with faders and some joysticks. Im having success with arduino for the brain as it is cost effective and gives you many options. The one problem is you have to run an additional small program on the pc side to convert the serial to midi. Not really a huge deal. Also any ideas on sources for the led ringed encoders? I may start a 3d model in sketchup. Can anybody provide some dimensions??
    I have the led-encoder problem as well, I'd love nothing better than to use pure led-encoder knobs for my stuff, but I haven't the resources to build a casing for this purpose on it's own, and I haven't been able to find a ready-built component.

As for dimensions, dimensions of the X1, or of the encoders?
    The Native Instruments X1 is W120 mm x H52 mm x D294 mm
    The Height is probably off, as 52mm looks to be including knobs.

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by bobsagat666 View Post
    safefire is going to make a maya 3d model. is way better than google sketchup. also, it isn't a DIY project I'm planning. It's more or less a design ideas board. I hope DJTT or NI picks this up and makes one of these models.
    offcourse, your free tu use the ideas.

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisEPIC View Post
    lol, sooo. honestly. i just woke up this evening and i noticed i had this page open. and i seriously dont remember doing any of this. lmao
    i even have all the photos and shiit open haha
    sounds like you had a great night

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by safefire View Post
    I have the led-encoder problem as well, I'd love nothing better than to use pure led-encoder knobs for my stuff, but I haven't the resources to build a casing for this purpose on it's own, and I haven't been able to find a ready-built component.
    same here,
    haven't seen any LED encoder components. I know the BCR2000 encoders are made from separate parts
    pictures over here

I don't know how other encoders are constructed, I hope not in this way then it is pretty much out of our reach.

Page 7 of 19 FirstFirst ... 3456789101117 ... LastLast