So i got my liner sliding pots...
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default So i got my liner sliding pots...

Im using a regular ps2 controller. Anyone have a picture of where i solder wires to? Would really appreciate it. I need to finish my controller by WED...
    Quote Originally Posted by ctrld View Post
    confession time: I clicked on this thread only because my dirty mind made a connection between "6 analogues and 14 digitals" and "2 girls 1 cup".
    Setup: VAI-40, Nanokey2, APC20, Ableton, (Shit ton of VST), TP2, DN SC2000, LPD8 (RIP) MF3D (with custom Mapping FX for ableton for Turnado and Artillary2 (ill release it when its been perfected.) PM me if interested in the mapping or helping me with it.

Can somebody help? please?
    confession time: I clicked on this thread only because my dirty mind made a connection between "6 analogues and 14 digitals" and "2 girls 1 cup".
    Setup: VAI-40, Nanokey2, APC20, Ableton, (Shit ton of VST), TP2, DN SC2000, LPD8 (RIP) MF3D (with custom Mapping FX for ableton for Turnado and Artillary2 (ill release it when its been perfected.) PM me if interested in the mapping or helping me with it.

Are the slider posts numbered? Normally, 1 is the line voltage, 2 is the variable voltage and 3 is the return.

Quote Originally Posted by Archies'bald View Post
    Are the slider posts numbered? Normally, 1 is the line voltage, 2 is the variable voltage and 3 is the return.
    ok but where do i solder it onto the ps2 pcb

Quote Originally Posted by chrisw View Post
    ok but where do i solder it onto the ps2 pcb
    You need to de-solder the joysticks and use the holes that are left in the pcb. Be careful as the joysticks normally have fixing posts that are soldered to the pcb board too. These are located in the 4 corners of the joystick and need to be de-soldered too.

The middle of the 3 pins that the joystick is soldered to is normally the variable voltage. The outer two pins are the line voltage and return.

my pots i got have 2 outter pins per side? same thing i assume?

Heres some pictures of them

But also which wire do i connect the 1 2 and 3 to? any help would be appreciated

Do you have a multimeter to measure the resistances on the slider? Looking at the photo I'd assume that posts 1 & 3 are at the end of the slider. No 2 would be either one of the posts nearer the middle.

I forgot to mention that you should also de-solder the switches on the joystick too. These are the four pins directly above the joystick. In total you should be de-soldering 14 pins for each joystick.

Your pots should be connected to the pins that are marked RX, RY, LX, LY. The middle pin on the pcb connects to number 2 on the slider and 1 & 3 go either side of 2. I don't think it really matters which way they 1 & 3 are connected to begin with, all that will happen is the slider won't turn the volume in the correct direction on your slider (off might be at the top of the fader, on at the bottom). This can sometimes be adjusted in the software or you can just turn the slider round, either that you can resolder it to the way you want.

If you are not getting any data out of one of the joysticks have a look at the analogue switch on the pcb. This should be pushed so the analogue function can be used. That's a mistake I took a few minutes trying to correct.

Keep trying, it's not as steep as a learning curve as you might think and the reward is a unique funky little controller. I will help where I can.

So i solder one of the pots together and and used a multi meter but it barely reads a onnection at all. Can i use this in a bread board? like attach it to a bread board or use jumper wires?

no help?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast