8 hotcues per deck (2 decks simultaneously) possible?
    Tech Mentor

Default 8 hotcues per deck (2 decks simultaneously) possible?

Dear DJTT community,

I am using TSP 1.2.7 with 2 turntables and an external mixer (PMC 06). I also have a VCI 100 1.4 and a MidiFighter (TSI 1.1).

I am using 2 decks for beatjuggling and want to be able to trigger 8 Cue points on Deck A and 8 on Deck B, at the same time, without having to use the Deck focus.

On an X1 it is possible to trigger 8 hotcues per deck (2 decks simultaneously), but the VCI and the MF are Deck focused.

A solution would be to use the juggle mode of the VCI only for Deck A and the Midifighter on Deck B. Nonetheless, with this option, am I loosing the effects control of the VCI on Deck A and B?

Damn, do I need an X1...

Any ideas?

Thank you very much for your help!

veeeeery easy. make your own mapping for the midi fighter.
    TSP 2 | Serato DJ | Live 8 | MBP (SSD + HDD) | AIAIA TMA-1 Fool's Gold Edition | 1200 Mk2s | MidiFighter | KRK RP5
    Xone: DB4 | Pioneer CDJ-2000 Nexus
    DJTT FAQ | Read my guide to AUDIO CABLES

Tech Mentor

I like the TSI 1.1 for the MF because you can delete/insert cue points very easily with the shift button.

With the MF and 16 buttons for 16 hotcues - I think I cannot add a Shift to do that because there is only 16 buttons!

So it is not possible to have access to 16 hotcues simultaneously within the ability of deleting/inserting ?

Thanks for your help!

Tech Mentor

I mapped my 8 hotcues per deck, 8 for A and 8 for B. I also mapped the LED's according to the 16 hotcues, when a led is on, it means that there is an hotcue, if off, no hotcue. So far so good.

The main problem is to delete these hotcues. I can do that on my VCI 1.4 but it is not practical. My idea is to use the shift on the VCI and press one of the hotcues on the MidiFighter.

Does a modifier (Shift on VCI) can act on a different midichannel (Delete Hotcue on the Midi Fighter)?

Thanks for your help.

Tech Mentor

bump...

I love the midighter, the ability to trigger 16 hotcues with it is a great addition to a "traditional" turntable setup. Furthermore, I mapped the lights of the Midifighter to the Hotcue state. That is great to know which hotcue is activated!

I want to use the 3.6.4 VCI mapping to delete the hotcues. Unfortunately, press beatjuggling mode, then press beat juggle 1-4, shift + hotcues to delete and again the same thing for hotcues 5 to 8 is not very quick for a fast routine...

If you have any ideas of mapping, my idea is to use the shift button on the VCI and press the hotcues on the Midifighter to delete quickly the hotcues.

Thanks for your help!