Akai MPD18 mapping for Traktor 1.2.7
    Tech Student

Default Akai MPD18 mapping for Traktor 1.2.7

Hey,

Put a mapping for Akai MPD18 together for Traktor Pro 1.2.7 that uses banks A and B for decks A and B, with the same controls for each:

-8 cue points for each deck (pads 1-8 set/play, pad 13 is "shift" and deletes a pressed cue point)
    -3 chained fx controls for each deck (each acts like a "shift" to gain control of the fader...not perfect, but works). Need to have "Chained" as the Effects option for deck 3 and 4
    -Start/(shift)Stop recording on pad 9
    -Kill Low/Med/High on pads 14, 15, and 16

It's not the greatest controller. It's pretty good, though, sometimes glitchy and misses a tap sometimes.

NOTE: You might need to freshen up your dry/wet (select bank A, hold shift, move fader, same for bank B) and clear Beatmashing by pressing pad 10--maybe it's just my setup, but I get no audio unless I do that. EVERY time I load Traktor Pro 1.2.7.

I've included a pic so that the setup is a bit clearer.

Tech Convert

how do i attach the akai mpd18 with traktor

Tech Student

You mean import the .tsi file? Or connect the gear and have Traktor recognize it as an input device?

1) http://www.djtechtools.com/forum/showthread.php?t=13859
    2) Plug in the gear before opening Traktor, sometimes I find it doesn't pick up on the new gear unless it's plugged in when the program starts.