DJTechTools - Online DJ School - Page 4
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

You could just do a Ustream or blogtv show, where the Teacher is on live and everyone could just login to the chat. Like Elalskins does for his live mix shows. It's free as far as I know.

Ustream is a great alternative. Beats Webex on all fronts.
    RSTRCTD | twitter | facebook (RSTRCTD) facebook (LJ) | vimeo | pinterest | my studio | soundcloud (RSTRCTD)| soundcloud (LJ)
    -- CHECK our DEBUT (DEEP)HOUSE EP RELEASE ON BEATPORT "RSTRCTD - EXISTENCE" --

Schreiberie Meister Afterhour Ali's Avatar

Thats cool, but a bit more involving lessons should also be considered (as they're more fun anyways).

There was once an Ustream for DJs. I was involved in coding some stuff for it, but the project never really took off. Ustream is a very good platform though.

DJDiscourse.com — the new DJ community

Yeah, with both way(full duplex) vidstreaming, a tutor can more easily see what a student is doing wrong.

Always a plus.
    RSTRCTD | twitter | facebook (RSTRCTD) facebook (LJ) | vimeo | pinterest | my studio | soundcloud (RSTRCTD)| soundcloud (LJ)

Quote Originally Posted by Tekki View Post
    Yeah, with both way(full duplex) vidstreaming, a tutor can more easily see what a student is doing wrong.

Always a plus.
    That's the only reason I suggested Skype, because you can always look at your friends screen and what not. :P

Quote Originally Posted by HerbStrike View Post
    This is my Controller. There are many like it but this one is mine.

My Controller is my best friend. It is my life.

this had me on the floor laughing

lol...Thanks Guys, me too. I laughed so much my sides still hurt.

This was definitely in response to all the wild and crazy personalities that make this such a cool place to spend time.

And a place that I look forward to visiting daily.

You guys have my mind racing all the time and the Hamster is always in the Wheel.

Default DJTT Online School...That's a Great Idea!!

In response to all of the Forum Members and Ean's posts.....

With the appropriate investment, scheduling, coordination, planning, and in addition to the abundant talent here at DJTT, there is immense potential for online live sessions that could also be hosted as recorded sessions.

Eventually growing into localized classes like those developed by www.Dubspot.com .

This could, in turn, build out an online educational library that could eventually have Corporate sponsorship. The Corporate sponsorship could then utilize and promote the library as resource and advertising tool for new product lines, while supporting the cause Ean spoke of.

This could also help the online studio, and Corporate sponsorship, to gain the necessary exposure needed to potentially open and outfit a Brick and Mortar Studio with localized classes. Possibly, and eventually, as an extention of current establishments, if presented with the opportunity.

We could also approach www.Techsmith.com , and other technology providers for their screencapture and other software. This would allow for a cost effective approach and a uniform structure for building the foundation across the globe.

This could also be used as a promotional tool for software sponsors and www.Techsmith.com, as their products are designed as presentation software integrated with various providers and platforms (i.e. youtube, itunes podcasts, and the ipad, ipod, and other mobile devices). Techsmith is also very generous in the way they promote and provide their products to large groups....this is an opportunity here.

We (my office) use their products at work to promote our technologies to hundreds of thousands of people worldwide. Their solutions work, and work well.

This is just a thought, but yes......there is immense potential within this Community to make this happen over time. As with the growth of Controllerism, there is a need for Content support for the Community, one way or the other...there will be Content. Ean's videos are awesome and we need more like them, and from others within the Community.

Just look at all the efforts of Ean and Crew, the DJTT Online Store and now the Brick and Mortar Storefront opening, the DJTT Online Forum and members and it's developing Community. Thank you Ean and the DJTT Crew and Forum Members for your investment and hard work on all fronts.

.....the future is bright and I'm glad to be part of it with you all.

Let's see what we can do together.

Win-Win-Win....and Win.

~Crazy b3nz0n8
    Last edited by b3nz0n8; 11-23-2010 at 10:19 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Coldfuzion View Post
    That's the only reason I suggested Skype, because you can always look at your friends screen and what not. :P
    Well, my experience with Skype is, that if amount of people >1 than the vidstream will cease, and you will remain with audio only.

So I don't know if that would be a good deal.

B3n - Only thing that scares me is that when I read the post it sounded like it would eventually turn into something that would end up charging people at the end. The thing that makes this amazing is that people are willing to help each other for no benefit of their own.

Tekki - I gotcha brother, i've only done it 1 on 1 so I wouldn't know. Ustream sounds good too though. I'm sure we will be able to find a good solution. =o]

I was tripping out about the previous post about the DI's

I dont share too much about my past, but this was taken during my spring break 2003 during the Baghdad 500.

Last edited by JesC; 11-24-2010 at 01:18 AM.
    Controllerist: Think different | SoundCloud | MixCloud | Twitter |

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast