DJTechTools - Online DJ School - Page 2
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

@benzon8:
    That post's just plain epic! Someone nominate it for most epic post of the year, maybe even millenium!

Quote Originally Posted by HedgeHog View Post
    There is no price tag on the supreme level yet. What will you charge for it?
    You will be picked as we deem fit, no charges involved, except maybe your life if you wish to throw it all away!
    Last edited by tekki; 11-23-2010 at 03:23 PM.
    RSTRCTD | twitter | facebook (RSTRCTD) facebook (LJ) | vimeo | pinterest | my studio | soundcloud (RSTRCTD)| soundcloud (LJ)
    -- CHECK our DEBUT (DEEP)HOUSE EP RELEASE ON BEATPORT "RSTRCTD - EXISTENCE" --

Quote Originally Posted by Tekki View Post
    @benzon8:
    That post's just plain epic! Someone nominate it for most epic post of the year, maybe even millenium!

You will be picked as we deem fit, no charges involved, except maybe your life if you wish to throw it all away!
    Already nominated. I coppied it and pasted it (along with his name to give him credit) and saved it as "My DJTT Mantra"

That post itself has taken epic to the next level.
    Last edited by tekki; 11-23-2010 at 03:23 PM.

tl;dr

DJTT Infectious Moderator photojojo's Avatar

Your crazy b3nz0n8 That definitely beats my end of the world, 1200 saves humanity story a few months ago.

Those prices for the dubspot courses are crazy.
    Chris Jennings FHP

Podcast - Soundcloud - Mixcloud - Beatport Charts - x

Wow, 400 bucks to learn how to beatmatch 2 songs.

Posting in legendary topic!

@ b3nz0n8 = LEGEND!

Personally I really don't like dj schools/course's. So much of dj'n is about opinion and it's really important to find your own while remaining open minded, as I feel thats the only way to become creative.

I know someone who's become a dj through taking course's and she told me her tutor said that drum & bass is the easyest of all genres to mix! What utter nonsense, thanks to that dj tutor there's most probably a whole group of people going round with that opinion. Ok, I appreciate it works well for some but lets be honest, learning the basics really isn't hard, there's no need to pay some so called pro to fill your head with there way of doing thing's. It helps having others around to look up to, but if you don't know any dj's there's more than enough vids on the net to get you started. For me learning how to dj, is taking tips and advice from any where, but don't take everything as gospel as it's important to put your own spin on anything you learn.

Plus I can imagine most people who take these course's see them as a good way to fast track the early stages. Another bad thing in my opinion, making mistake after mistake is most of the time the best way to learn and in many ways the best way to become creative.

Quote Originally Posted by Dubba Dutch View Post
    Plus I can imagine most people who take these course's see them as a good way to fast track the early stages. Another bad thing in my opinion, making mistake after mistake is most of the time the best way to learn and in many ways the best way to become creative.
    Too Right's, when I started i had had one lesson in beat matching from a mate at uni on some CDJ's and carried on with that little knowledge and a love of music which is enough.
    I think you only need lesson's if your gonna be some kind of school disco or wedding DJ where there is a formula of songs and bullshit mic banter that needs to be checked off before you get paid. Club DJ's usually just do it for the love of the music
    Here's Where I Put My Stuff Remix's/Mix's/and............. Genrally Madness

Sound Cloud :: http://soundcloud.com/herbstrike
    FaceBook :: http://www.facebook.com/pages/HerbSt...2547446?ref=ts

Tech Wizard

hahah that is the funniest shit i've seen so far!
    The name's gh0stline - Traktor Kontrol s4 - Midi Figther - iPhone 4 TouchOSC

Quote Originally Posted by Coldfuzion View Post
    Already nominated. I coppied it and pasted it (along with his name to give him credit) and saved it as "My DJTT Mantra"

That post itself has taken epic to the next level.
    Well, to be honest I did 'the Creed' for the BCR2000 once, just as a reaction on JesC's creed for the VCI-100.
    (Just check one of the links in my sig )

But damn, that post still cracks me up!
    RSTRCTD | twitter | facebook (RSTRCTD) facebook (LJ) | vimeo | pinterest | my studio | soundcloud (RSTRCTD)| soundcloud (LJ)
    -- CHECK our DEBUT (DEEP)HOUSE EP RELEASE ON BEATPORT "RSTRCTD - EXISTENCE" --

I am very open to the online school concept. Especially if it is community run/organized and the profits go towards some rad cause like buying controllers/equipment for kids in need.

The main problem, as one person accurately pointed out, is time and structure. We dont have anyone in the office with experience in running/developing a school curriculum and no one certainly has time to actually run one.

If someone were to come along that has:

the experience
    the vision
    the desire
    the balls, grit,grim and grimmace to undertake learning the little pukes well then great!

this post is rad.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast