RMX - 4 Deck + FX + Cues n loops.
    From Ireland Living in Manila: Philippines :D

Default Traktor Pro/RMX 4 Deck/FX/Cues n' loops

Hey y'all

Just re-mapped my Herc for 4 decks for Traktor Pro as 4 Independent Deck layers .. i think this gives quite a bit of flexibility as I prefer 4 completely independent decks rather than a C/D layer and independent utilizing of the left/right side.

.. of course there's probably room for improvement on the beat juggling cue side, I personally don't juggle alot an 3 hot cues is more than enough for me.

Quick Synopsis

Mod 2 = Shift deck A&C / Hot Cues / Mixer Controls
    Mod 4 = Engage FX A or C (Mod2 being engaged for C)

Mod 3 = Shift deck B&D / Hot Cues / Mixer Controls
    Mod 5 = Engage FX B or D (Mod3 being engaged for D)

Mod 1 = Engage BeatJump / Key on Jogwheel for Mod 2 or 3 (Dependednt on mod 2 or 3 for C/D)

Master Volume = Deck Layout Select (I dont like my master that close to line faders!)

Pitch is set at around 3% movement on all layers which i find is normally more than enough for wierd tempo shiting tracks .. any more i use a mouse and refine

FX are chained on all decks but setup for only one rack per deck

Thumbnails attached lend me your thoughts

Oh and you DO lose the inputs on this mapping (you could always re-map the mods but i like to be able to visually see the shifts).

Beat Phase indicators for just A/B on PFL cues ... I had mapped to cues/PP but everything started going very slowmo!

Darm forgot to up the TSI
    Last edited by deevey; 11-22-2010 at 11:05 AM. Reason: Oops TSI was not attached

Default Updated Hercules RMX TSI (bug fix) 1.2.6

Updated Hercules RMX TSI (bug fix) 1.2.6

Updated:

1. Beat Jump
    2. Load / Sync swapped on latest layout.

Tech Student

Thank you, this is very helpful. One question though: for the sync buttons, is there any way to make it stay? For some reason, when I press it on the hercules, it only holds in Sync until I let go, then it stops. If I click the button from the keyboard it works perfectly. Does this happen to you?

Thanks.

I never ever lock sync. I never found it accurate enough, I just hit it once and use the jogs from there.

But if you wanted you could set the buttons in the midi map to toggle instead of direct that should do the trick (or you can use the hercules midi mapper to set it to toggle).

Tech Student

Thanks for the quick response. I tried that initially as well and couldn't get that to work..would there be any other options in the preferences to make it work? Direct didn't seem to do the trick.

Did you try the hercules midi mapper download?

Just setting the button to toggle should work

If thats not working download the hercules midimapper, maybe changing from CC to Note might work :-S

Sorry I literally got rid of my RMX 3 days ago or I'd be able to give you a definete answer ! (d'oh!).

Tech Student

Hey Deevey

its a good one bro, but just one ask, why it comes that when i turn on any effect button, the sound is not being effected at all,. I mean neither flanger or delay etc appear as they'd be off.

h5 anyway

If they are on in the software I cant see why they wouldnt be affecting (unless you dont have the correct FX rack selected :-S

Does turning the knobs onscreen effect them ?

I'd try to help out a bit more but Herc is long-gone Cheers for the thumbs up though.