vci-100 1.4 firmware issues please read and please help!!!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Tech Convert

Default vci-100 1.4 firmware issues please read and please help!!!

hello,

any advice will be greatly appreciated on this, as I'm currently tearing my hair out trying to figure out what the problem is.

I have upgraded the firmware on my vci and followed all the instructions attached to the firmware/overlay stuff but the tsi file is doing its utmost to make my life difficult.

I have loaded it and shut down twice as suggested but every time I get it working properly there are bugs that I cannot seem to fathom including:

1, on turning the gain knob it drops about 30 cur points for some reason
    2, on moving the fader for deck b deck a is activated
    3, the sampler doesn't work correctly
    4, I cannot get the disco mode to start at all - this is currently the least of my worries.

Could this be the result of jumping straight to using the 1.4 firmware without first installing the 1.3 firmware?

DJTT Infectious Moderator photojojo's Avatar

There should be no problems going straight to 1.4. Can you confirm that you've successfully upgraded to1.4 by following these steps? Are you loading the mapping twice or just restarting twice?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Frehvs6aJjA
    Chris Jennings FHP

Podcast - Soundcloud - Mixcloud - Beatport Charts - x

Tech Convert

I think the firmware upgrade might have gone awry. It's not toggling on and off as the video suggests it should.

Would that explain the pitch faders being all over the shop - i.e. where it should be 0% showing as plus 8%? and all the other issues I'm having also?

I'd be very disappointed if it is the case as it was uploaded successfully - or at least it appeared to be when my friend upgraded mine and then his and he's not experiencing any issues at all.

Tech Convert

also, thanks for getting back so quickly! much appreciated!!

If it doesn't toggle it didn't upgrade. The latest DJTT mappings won't work correctly with anything lower than 1.3. So my only suggestion would be to do the firmware upgrade again.
    Chris Jennings FHP

Tech Convert

Bum socks, that is frustrating. Could it have been partially successful? I've had more of a tinker and the disco mode is in full effect but the other issues persist.

Also, I'm just re-starting twice. Though in my frustrations I have loaded the tsi file numerous times.

So it doesn't toggle, but you can get into disco mode? That's strange. Is the VCI selected in the in/out ports of the controller manager? What version of traktor are you running?
    Chris Jennings FHP

Tech Convert

That's what's confusing me so much. I'm running 1.24 I think the version that's suggested as being the basic requirement.

Disco mode is going great guns but that toggle thing in the video you posted isn't doing a thing. The main issue I have is the pitch faders being so weird, is there a quick fix you can suggest by any chance?

I called my man who installed the firmware and he said it sounds like that's gone in fine but he had no explanation as to why the issues are persisting.

Updating to to the current version may very well help. I don't have my VCI anymore, but I'm 99% sure I confirmed that the toggle test still works with 1.4.
    Chris Jennings FHP

Also, Traktor should not be running when you do the toggle test.
    Chris Jennings FHP

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast