Paddy's APC40 Mapping for TPro (yup another one :D)
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    DJTT Administrator del Ritmo padi_04's Avatar

Default Paddy's APC40 Mapping for TPro (yup another one :D)

Finally sat down and made the tutorial image for it hehe.
    I'm currently selling the akai so i don't think there will be an update, but i'm willing to provide support and help development in new versions of it.

Made with version 1.2.4

TSI Download
    Hi Res Image

Notes:

APC works in regular (not dumb mode) in order to keep the 9 device control banks without having to get into heavy modifier use or any 3rd pary software.

This mapping uses “send monitor state" heavily and works without an issue on mac. PC users should search the forum for the fix. As a general rule, increase your latency 1-2ms to relieve some of the extra cpu used for midi traffic.

Deck control selection buttons are duplicaded in order to make switching between them more confortable and to have a better visual aid.
    *Hotcue 1 is a grid marker, if no marker has been asigned or you want to move it delete hotcue 1 (shift+hotcue), press 1 time to place a hotcue and press again to turn it into a grid marker
    *FX work in ADVANCED mode, there is plenty of room to map them as chained as well, having both options available.
    *EQs leds work in pan mode.
    *Fx leds work in full mode and are updated along with the knob position when scrolling through fx (no need for soft takeover)
    *Auto Loop is green when engaged and turns yellow when off.
    *Beat +/- jump size corresponds to the one selected in Traktor.
    *To shitch between left (1/3) and right (2/4) fx units use track 1 and 2 buttons,
    *To use EQ for the lower decks press the track select 3 and device control replicates EQ A/B layout (the 8 buttons in bank 3 are free for assignment)
    *All buttons shown in the image as dark grey are free, being my intention to use them to control sample decks and loop recorder in the following update.
    *Crossfader is mapped to monitor mix to relieve avoid overuse of the cuemix knob (and because IMO it flymsy for any other precision use)

Browse (former Shift Button) - Toggle
    *Fullscreen browser
    *In this mode Cue Stop buttons are flashing red and act as Load Deck.

Shift (former Tap Tempo) – Momentary
    *List select now works as pitch control for the deck in focus (0,01 resolution with acceleration)
    *Sync button now reasings the master tempo to te corresponding deck.
    *Bend +/- flash yellow and moves the Beatgrid in short increments (autorepeat)
    *Beat +/- flash green and changes the loop length
    *Hold down shift + hotcue to deleted one

PS: I don't remember if i removed it or not, but ignore the OLD APC midi page (my old mapping)
    Last edited by padi_04; 11-04-2010 at 10:24 AM.

howdy

i tried to import ur tsi but there is nothing on the file??? ive a few other mappings and they all load so it doesnt seem to be me or my laptop.

if u can have a look at it and let me know, id like to try urs out!!!

Quote Originally Posted by robbiekurupt View Post
    howdy

i tried to import ur tsi but there is nothing on the file??? ive a few other mappings and they all load so it doesnt seem to be me or my laptop.

if u can have a look at it and let me know, id like to try urs out!!!
    What version are you using? I just downloaded it and tested import on my mac and work pc. You need Traktor 1.2.4 or later.

The TSI file works

Tech Wizard

Been playing with it for a while, the VU meters don't work for me though...

Attached TSI & pic

Hey, I wanted to reverse engineer some of your features, but I can't seem to get the tsi file to show up in my mapper... Basically, I just wanted to know how you worked out the "no soft takeover" for fx. How do you set the knobs to the value when you switch effects?

Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by padi_04 View Post
    Attached TSI & pic
    WOW NICE
    Planning on making those 8 empty buttons below the deck be for the sample decks?
    /人◕‿‿◕人\
    --Its not the OS, It's the user--

Quote Originally Posted by MuzicFreq View Post
    WOW NICE
    Planning on making those 8 empty buttons below the deck be for the sample decks?
    It's the idea, but I sold the unit so can't map it myself.

Quote Originally Posted by padi_04 View Post
    It's the idea, but I sold the unit so can't map it myself.
    well next month Ill have one so if needbe I can take your tsi and add it in when T2 is out
    /人◕‿‿◕人\
    --Its not the OS, It's the user--

One last thing, it's the "Windows Friendly" version so the VU Meters were removed to avoid popping

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast