How to assign APC40/20 LEDs - Page 3
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Quote Originally Posted by DJD-stortion View Post
    - Is send monitor state necessary for every button and knob that has an LED? Is this taxing on the CPU? I read somewhere you might need to adjust your latency a little bit.

- Though I've read the mini-tutorial on the blog, I'm not quite sure of the difference between Controller Range and Midi Range. Also, I've noticed the numbers seem backwards with max Midi being larger than min Midi often. LED problems are the biggest issue.
    Some of my questions have been answered in this thread, for those interested: http://www.djtechtools.com/forum/sho...752#post379752

However, the two "questions" (more like paragraphs :P) I quoted above remain somewhat unclear to me. Here is the current problem concerning those two questions/paragraphs:

I have mapped the LED knobs to both 'volume' style and 'single' style. These control the 4 FX units (grouped). I have a toggle/modifier to change between two FX units for both decks A/C (FX units 1/3) & B/D (FX units 2/4). For example, if I have the modifier for A/C selected so that that the first row of knobs works for FXUnit 1 and if I change the values for FXUnit 3, when I switch the modifier to control FXUnit 3 and touch one of the knobs the values for the effects/dry-wet jump to where they were set while the modifier was allowing control of FXUnit 1. I believe the way to solve this is to have a 'send monitor' output for each of the knobs set so that it constantly tells the knob the values (inverted, so when knob is not touched 'send monitor' message sent).
    This way if I'm controlling FXUnit 1 live (being heard through the audio output because the modifier is allowing its adjustment in the software), and I happen to mess with the knobs for FXUnit 3 (not heard as the changes are occuring on the controller but not the software), when I switch the modifier to control FXUnit 3 and hit the actiavate effect button for the three effects, or slightly touch the knobs in FXU3, the effects will occur at the values it was originally before adjusting the knobs.
    In easiest terms, I want to prevent change in the controller values while the software is not being controlled by the knobs. Software controls controller, not controller controls software.

Addressing the second question, I have gotten the clip buttons in the 5x8 grid to light up various colors and blink, but the other buttons (column 9, row 6, row 7) are not following the value-color/function assignments that have been listed in the thread on Tech Tools. Any help with this? I will probably be able to figure it out, but it'll save me a butt load of time if someone could clear up some up this issue. Another curiosity is: I realize the activation, solo/cue, and record buttons only have one button, but can they blink?

Thanks for the help guys! I'll be uploading my mapping for the APC40/Mixtrack duo setup once I get the mapping done (draft), and then probably again later once I figure out the pros/cons of the 1-1 mapping system.
    Last edited by DJD-stortion; 11-15-2011 at 07:18 PM.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123