VCI-300 with Traktor Pro- (Idea thread) - Page 5
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Glen McArdle

Quote Originally Posted by myki2000 View Post
    When I load the TSI and I play a desk, the PC slow down and crash (blue screen with USB error). I deleted all references to level led into midi config and it's OK. No crash anymore.
    That's strange... I'm not having any problems with this on my Macbook Pro.

Cue2 and out3 go to the last cue set, same function ?
    Yes, they have the same funtion. It's so you can fast tap a tempo on them with two fingers.

Cue3 and out3 do nothing ?
    They do, they are mapped to move loop. When you have pushed the autoloop and you see the loop needs a little adjusting, you can fine adjust it back or forth with these buttons. They are also set to auto repeat so when you hold down the button the loop wil move correction moves faster.

Why when a autoloop is set the Censor button lights ?
    That's so you always can tell by the look of the controller that you have got a loop active on that deck. Good question though. I think I used the sensor button because at the time I couldn't figure out how to keep the autoloop buttin lit.

It'is possible to deactivate the scratch function ?
    Yes, If you remove the according mapping. Now the schratch function is turned on as soon as you touch the touch sensitive part of the jog wheel.

It is possible to configure cue1, 2 and 3 as the same way that ITCH ?
    Press cue1 button, the cue1 is set. Press cue1 button for second time, go to cue1. Shift button and press cue1 button, erase cue 1. Same for cue 2, ....?
    Yes, tat coould be made possible with a modifier. Say you map the sensor button as a modifier (if you dont want it as a feedback for your loop), you could map it so when you haven't got the sensor (midifier) button pressed in the cue1 button places the cue and when the sensor (modifier) burron is pressed down and you press the cue1 button, it jumps to cue point 1.

Quote Originally Posted by lifeloop View Post
    vci 300 with a mixer.. well i was thinking if the headphone cue was too low.. then i'd connect it to an ext mixer n mix externally.. not possible then!!

thnks for the info Morbido! cheers!
    np

itch has some kind of overdrive option which increases the volume of the headphone cue... but sadly traktor doesn't have that kind of feature... (but as said, it heavily depends on the headphones used)

i'm really happy with my 300, as it's (with itch) as reliable as turntables (i guess even more than dvs systems), it's compact, it's always the same setup and really simple to use (so you can have a few beer and still make mix somewhat good ) and lug around... it's really perfect for me!
    sometimes i'd wish to mix externally though... has it's pros and cons...

and sometimes the simplicity of the unit is too much for me
    so i'm reeeeally looking forward to some UBERfeatures from our djtt genius in charge - mr. bento!
    you have like the golden touch for everything tech- and music related - so i know when i load the djtt tsi once it's released it's gonna make my vci-300 shine all golden

MBP, 10.5.6, TPro 2.0.1, Kontrol S4, VCI-300, a bunch of other makes-nerds-happy-stuff
    ...and still haven't got the heart to get rid of my Turntables, Mixer and my Vinyls
    Reggae, Ragga, Dancehall, Chill Out, Dubstep, Breaks, Drum & Bass

Tech Convert

Hey i know this is a little off topic but i was wondering if anyone has heard any updates regarding the vestax vfx-1 to accompany the vci-300. and if so, is this controller going to be able to be mapped with other programs outside of itch. sorry im pretty new to controllerism so i dont know much about mapping. thanks for your help

didn't hear any news, but i'm pretty sure (although i don't know) that it'll be a standard midi controller, so it will be usable with any midi capable software, like traktor pro for example...

MBP, 10.5.6, TPro 2.0.1, Kontrol S4, VCI-300, a bunch of other makes-nerds-happy-stuff
    ...and still haven't got the heart to get rid of my Turntables, Mixer and my Vinyls
    Reggae, Ragga, Dancehall, Chill Out, Dubstep, Breaks, Drum & Bass

Tech Student

Hi,

Is there anymore info on Traktor mapping for the VCI300 dying to try it!

Dave

Tech Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by vinylcuts View Post
    Hi,

Is there anymore info on Traktor mapping for the VCI300 dying to try it!

Dave
    Recent mappings are available in the thread called "Vci-300 tsi": http://www.djtechtools.com/forum/showthread.php?t=15455

I'm working on my own mapping and I'll post it to that thread when I get it working properly.. I'm trying to make it close to ITCH functionality.

Tech Convert

what ever happened to the vci300 mapping???!?!?!!

Quote Originally Posted by seemartinbreak View Post
    http://www.djtechtools.com/forum/showthread.php?t=15455
    “Getting information off the Internet is like taking a drink from a fire hydrant." Mitchell Kapor
    Setup: TP2 - Vestax Typhoon - Korg NanoPad - Windows 7 x64 - Sony Vaio (Deceased) - Acer Aspire Timeline.
    House Parties - 2x12" Titan Audio PA's, 1xBehringer B1500D Sub

Tech Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by seemartinbreak View Post
    Unfortunately I didn't have time to finish my VCI-300 mapping.. partly because the Traktor Pro MIDI mapping editor really sucks

.. but there are other good VCI-300 TSI files available, so you can use them!

Tech Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by pasik View Post
    Unfortunately I didn't have time to finish my VCI-300 mapping.. partly because the Traktor Pro MIDI mapping editor really sucks

.. but there are other good VCI-300 TSI files available, so you can use them!
    Here's one of the recent VCI-300 mapping threads (including a TSI file):
    http://www.djtechtools.com/forum/showthread.php?t=30748

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast