Less than a week (VMS4). What to do? - Page 6
Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456789 LastLast
    Tech Student

The VMS4 looks super siick! I can't wait for it to come out.

Quote Originally Posted by thictool View Post
    Does anyone even like rubber buttons?

If so, why exactly?
    Rubber absorbs to my fingers and has a cushioning feeling. Just like how I like soft beds rather then a rock solid beds.

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by Rohkus View Post
    Rubber absorbs to my fingers and has a cushioning feeling. Just like how I like soft beds rather then a rock solid beds.
    Cushioning feel? Well thats cool,

But try and do any direct hit DJ trickery, or anything along the lines of an Ian Golden type trickery....Its totaly not possible to do with rubber button with any real accuracy.

I get it and all....the VMS is cool, but no "real" pro dj is gonna use a unit with rubber buttons. I can't think of any pro DJs saying, "Hey check out my new controller with fancy rubber buttons!"
    Last edited by thictool; 05-17-2010 at 02:25 AM.

Tech Guru

Quote Originally Posted by thictool View Post
    Cushioning feel? Well thats cool,

But try and do any direct hit DJ trickery, or anything along the lines of an Ian Golden type trickery....Its totaly not possible to do with rubber button with any real accuracy.

I get it and all....the VMS is cool, but no "real" pro dj is gonna use a unit with rubber buttons. I can't think of any pro DJs saying, "Hey check out my new controller with fancy rubber buttons!"
    You think yoo much about what people will say about you and your equipment, pro DJs are DJs like you and me, they are not gods, they just have more money and are more popular then us...
    Daft Punk used to use BCR 2000 and BCF 2000 in their Pyramid, do you think they really care about the "behringer" brand of the unit?
    Just use what you think that works for you and fuck everybody else thinking about you

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by V-Hoff View Post
    You think yoo much about what people will say about you and your equipment, pro DJs are DJs like you and me, they are not gods, they just have more money and are more popular then us...
    Daft Punk used to use BCR 2000 and BCF 2000 in their Pyramid, do you think they really care about the "behringer" brand of the unit?
    Just use what you think that works for you and fuck everybody else thinking about you
    Im sorry if you think im judging anyone or making a statement about particular "DJs". This is not my intention

The statement I made is more about the fact that its impossible to do professional tricks with accuracy, like beat juggling, direct starts / hits (and the like) with rubber buttons.

To say a pro DJ wont be bragging about his fancy rubber buttons, is really saying - pro djs dont use equiptment that will hinder their ability to do things with accuracy. Its a know fact that rubber buttons are NOT accurate .

Im basically bitching about American Audio's decision making. They finally make a unit that can bridge the gap for so many DJs, yet they choose questional material that cant be changed.

The VMS seems to suffer from questionable Jog Wheels & Soundcard, and in my opinion questionable rubber buttons. If American Audio is going to take short cuts, at least they could do it in a way where we could change the aspect of what we were unhappy with. The Jogs, Buttons & Soundcard are non replacable.

I could care less about a company name or brand or weither its considered PRO equiptment or not. I would use anything that suited my needs. For the record I loved the BCR 2000 and BCF 2000 (which BTW doesnt have RUBBER BUTTONS)

Numark isnt exactly known for their reliability or quality products, yet when they decided to make the NS7, they up-ed the game by leaps and bounds and made a kick ass product. Sure the NS7 costs alot but its totally high end.

Im just saying that American Audio could have really changed the game here by making the VMS a higher end peice of equiptment, but instead, what we get is, yet another low priced mid-level controller. Sure VMS boasts cool new features, but it also majorly falls short on specs.

I wouldnt mind spending a couple hundred more dollars for a controller that has all the bells and whistles the VMS has if it had a better soundcard, better jog wheels & better buttons. Why make another mid-level controller with all these cool new features and then skimp in other areas that are so important?
    Last edited by thictool; 05-17-2010 at 05:17 PM.

Tech Guru

I agree with you man,
    I can now understand what you are trying to say, sorry if I sound too rude, sometimes my English writing can be pretty limitated

I still don't get why rubber buttons are so worse then the plastic ones because the only gear I had in my life is my used Oxygen 8 v2 with plastic "short" knobs and I can't compare with a unit with rubber knobs...

Can you elaborate it a bit more?

Do you think that the rubberized knobs (http://techtools.myshopify.com/produ...-sliders-black) at the DJTT store are worse then the plastic VCI-100 ones or the plastic colored knob pack (http://techtools.myshopify.com/produ...d-knob-packs)?
    Last edited by V-Hoff; 05-18-2010 at 08:43 AM.

Its not the knob, its the button in rubber that is poor. The rubber adds another spring in the chain of command and doesn't give the tactile response thictool is looking for (correct me if I'm wrong, dude).

Arcade buttons are one of the best choices for the tactile control (they are designed for exactly that), but take up real-estate and are not really compatible with modern mass production techniques (surface mount, etc.).

Your Oxy keys are designed for tactile responce and therefore also a good choice for control, but they too are real-estate hungry.

I recently picked up a Xone DX and am unimpressed by the hot cue buttons on the front. Sure they will cue your song, but they don't feel "playable". And they are plastic.

Phil.

P.S. @thictool, no problem with the tap test. If I give it an almighty rap (knuckles, not finger tips) in the middle of the faders, the right layer button trips but only that.
    MBP 10.6; Itch 2.2; Novation Twitch; TP 2.x; MF Classic; Ultrasone DJ1 Pro
    Apogee Duet 2; Reason; Ableton 8; 49SL MkII; Maschine Mikro; Launchpad

Tech Guru

lol I completely misunderstood it, I do agree with rubber buttons beign worse then plastic buttons

Now that i have an actual means with which to fund said purchase (AKA a Job) i'm defo getting one, plus two x1's and a hooker.
    Acer E5 i7 16GB 512SSD 2TBHD ~ WIN 10 ~ TSP 2.11 ~ AUDIO 6 ~ DUAL X1s ~ DN-X1600 ~ SPECTRA ~ TWISTER ~ ATH-PRO500 MK2 ~ ZED6FX ~ AT2020

" I’m the Dude, so that’s what you call me. That or, uh His Dudeness, or uh Duder, or El Duderino, if you’re not into the whole brevity thing. "

Quote Originally Posted by JesterNZDJ View Post
    Now that i have an actual means with which to fund said purchase (AKA a Job) i'm defo getting one, plus two x1's and a hooker.
    But probably not in that order. I understand all about priorities!
    MBP 10.6; Itch 2.2; Novation Twitch; TP 2.x; MF Classic; Ultrasone DJ1 Pro
    Apogee Duet 2; Reason; Ableton 8; 49SL MkII; Maschine Mikro; Launchpad

some of us put puzzy before gearz beer first tho.
    Acer E5 i7 16GB 512SSD 2TBHD ~ WIN 10 ~ TSP 2.11 ~ AUDIO 6 ~ DUAL X1s ~ DN-X1600 ~ SPECTRA ~ TWISTER ~ ATH-PRO500 MK2 ~ ZED6FX ~ AT2020

" I’m the Dude, so that’s what you call me. That or, uh His Dudeness, or uh Duder, or El Duderino, if you’re not into the whole brevity thing. "

Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456789 LastLast