Less than a week (VMS4). What to do?
Page 1 of 9 12345 ... LastLast

Default Less than a week (VMS4). What to do?

D'oh!

I've mis-read the delivery due date, it's a month to go.

I'm seriously considering selling my EKS Otus to fund buying an American Audio VMS4. It's around a week until they hit the stores in the UK - link - I think I really want one of these, as it has a great layout, it will do everything I need it to do and it's relatively cheap.

My days of gigging are more or less over (I'm 37 years old now and haven't played out for 6 years), this seems too good to be true for me. Has anyone actually got there hands on one yet?
    Last edited by Archies'bald; 04-24-2010 at 02:27 AM.

Tech Guru

Yeah, this thing looks pretty exciting, gotta admit. Been toying with the idea of selling my VCI, if everything on the VSM4 works as advertised. I hate to say it though, but as an old dj too, I have this idea in my mind of American Audio as being this crappy budget company with bad build quality and design... I get the feeling the VSM4 is very well built though, and that AA is trying to redefine themselves. But - my bit of vanity kinda creeps in. I have a hard enough time being taken seriously with my Vestax and Akai controllers....

Seriously though, it looks sweet.
    MacBook 2.4GHz, 6GB, Traktor Pro, Ableton Live, Bomes MT, Audio Kontrol 1, Vestax VCI-100 SE Custom, M-Audio Axiom 25, Akai APC40, NI Maschine, 2x Midi Fighters (c/o DJ TechTools - Thanks!!)

Mixcloud DJ Sets

I think the VMS4 is offering more bang for a buck than any other controller at the market right now.

But than again, it might be me. Still want to play with it some more though....
    (I just hope it can be as diverse as the BCR is)
    RSTRCTD | twitter | facebook (RSTRCTD) facebook (LJ) | vimeo | pinterest | my studio | soundcloud (RSTRCTD)| soundcloud (LJ)
    -- CHECK our DEBUT (DEEP)HOUSE EP RELEASE ON BEATPORT "RSTRCTD - EXISTENCE" --

Tech Wizard

Seems very interesting...

Tech Guru

Wish it didn't have a soundcard. I'm not ready to trust American Audio quite that much yet, and then the price would be ridiculously phenomenal.
    MacBook 2.4GHz, 6GB, Traktor Pro, Ableton Live, Bomes MT, Audio Kontrol 1, Vestax VCI-100 SE Custom, M-Audio Axiom 25, Akai APC40, NI Maschine, 2x Midi Fighters (c/o DJ TechTools - Thanks!!)

Mixcloud DJ Sets

Tech Mentor

Does anyone know if the buttons are rubber?

It looks like all of them are, but im hoping the play & cue buttons are made of a harder material.

Quote Originally Posted by Zac Kyoti View Post
    Wish it didn't have a soundcard. I'm not ready to trust American Audio quite that much yet, and then the price would be ridiculously phenomenal.
    As far I understand even it having a soundcard built-in you still can use your external soundcard, am I right? As matter of fact, this is a question I have in mind since I first saw this controller and hopefully someone out there can answer:

Let say you have a Audio 8 dj, can you connect it to the input channels of the VMS4 to mixer externally and at same time connect the USB cable and use all others controllers as a midi device?

Quote Originally Posted by Archies'bald View Post
    D'oh!

I've mis-read the delivery due date, it's a month to go.

I'm seriously considering selling my EKS Otus to fund buying an American Audio VMS4. It's around a week until they hit the stores in the UK - link - I think I really want one of these, as it has a great layout, it will do everything I need it to do and it's relatively cheap.

My days of gigging are more or less over (I'm 37 years old now and haven't played out for 6 years), this seems too good to be true for me. Has anyone actually got there hands on one yet?
    I'd be interested in your otus if you sell
    It's not the gear. It's how you use it.
    limitations are the source of creativity.
    If you don't practice you don't want it.

http://soundcloud.com/zimfella

This may have been said elsewhere but haven't seen it.....
    When can we expect a full DJ TT review as I'm sure this will help in peoples decisions?
    MBP, 15.4", Ableton Live 8 Suite, Novation Remote SL, Pioneer XDJ-RX, Traktor, VCI 100SE!

Sofar I have only seen Ean touch the surface at NAMM2010.

He wasn't too sure about the jogs though.
    RSTRCTD | twitter | facebook (RSTRCTD) facebook (LJ) | vimeo | pinterest | my studio | soundcloud (RSTRCTD)| soundcloud (LJ)
    -- CHECK our DEBUT (DEEP)HOUSE EP RELEASE ON BEATPORT "RSTRCTD - EXISTENCE" --

Page 1 of 9 12345 ... LastLast