Zilchie's AKAI LPD8 Mapping for Traktor Scratch Duo (Full Deck Controls & DVS Mode)
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Zilchie's AKAI LPD8 Mapping for Traktor Scratch Duo (Full Deck Controls & DVS Mode)

Hi there guys! I have done a mapping for the AKAI LPD8 for Traktor Scratch Duo - it was made at first when i was unable to find any stocks of the Kontrol X1, out of frustration i was like "Ah wtf, i'll just do a custom mapping on my lpd8 for now" and ended up really liking it so much that im thinking twice to get the X1 now hahaha , anyhow here they are!

First thing you need to do is to put a sticker or a label on the KNOB 8 of your AKAI LPD8 - (Thats the bottom right corner knob )This knob is important coz its going to control the deck focus between Deck A/B (Thus allowing this amazing tiny controller to easily control TWO decks without much confusion - once you get used to it!)

Program 1 is designed to be used with an external mixer - it has playback controls, pitch controls, looping, hotcues, effects, filters, etc - the whole lot - I mix with timecode vinyls/cdjs and sumtimes i would find some very dodgy decks (or cdjs with damaged lens!) in the clubs - with this mode you can control both decks A and B SOLELY with the LPD8 (and using the clubs mixer externally for the EQ/Faders/Cueing etc)

Program 2 is designed to accompany a DVS setup - if you use timecode you dont need the playback controls/pitch etc - this mode gives you full 8 hotcues for both decks and also looping and filters pluS the ever-useful BEATJUMPS - My fav part! These are very useful for Extending/Shortening Intros or Outros on-the-fly - choose from beatjump 32beats or with shift: 4beats

Took me a very long time to finally come up with a mapping that i could actually use very often, not confusing (we all hate to press the wrong button - this mapping is designed to be as simple as possible and easy to get used to) Any comments or feedbacks appreciated! Im constantly trying to improve this mapping to make it better and better - if you got any ideas for PROGRAM 3/4 or how to improve the current programs 1/2 please post here!

ZILCHIE's Akai LPD8 TSI for Traktor Scratch Duo mapping V.1.00
    (made on traktor scratch duo 1.2.5 - Tested on 1.2.4 and 1.2.5 )

NOTE: This was made on and for Traktor Scratch Duo/Duo, but i suppose you CAN use it with Traktor Scratch Pro/Pro - not tested yet
    you must set FX Bank1 to deck A and FX Bank 2 to deck B and turn them on permanently tho (In duo this is done by default - thats why!)

Upcoming version might be made separately for Traktor Pro/Scratch Pro (maybe)

Link: DOWNLOAD

How to use:
    1. Open the Akai LPD8 EDITOR and Load the AkaiLPD8 File provided
    2. Backup all your previous settings in traktor before importing the included TSI
    3, Load the ZILCH_LPD8_V100.tsi from traktor
    4. Test- everything works?
    5. ENJOY!

PROGRAM 1:
    Kompact Kontroller (Dual Deck Complete Playback Controls/Pitch/Tempo/Loops/Hotcues/Effects/Filters)

PAD 5 = Play/Pause
    PAD 6 = Cue
    PAD 7 = Cue Play
    PAD 8 = Sync

PAD 1 = Loop Set (use knob 5 to choose loop size and then use this to activate/deactivate loop)
    PAD 2 = Filter on/off
    PAD 3 = Jump To Previous Hotcue
    PAD 4 = Jump To Next HotCue

PAD 5 CC = SHIFT = (Eg. Hold down Shift + Knob 2/3/4 to choose effects on FX 1/2/3 or PAD1/2/3/4CC for hotcues)
    PAD 6 CC = Effect 1 On/Off
    PAD 7 CC = Effect 2 On/Off
    Pad 8 CC = Effect 3 on/off

PAD 1 CC = HotCue 1 or +Shift: (Pitch Bend -)
    PAD 2 CC = Hotcue 2 or +Shift: (Pitch Bend +)
    PAD 3 CC = Hotcue 3 or +Shift: (Tempo -)
    PAD 4 CC = Hotcue 4 or +Shift: (Tempo +)

KNOB 1 = Effect Wet/Dry
    KNOB 2 = Effect 1 amount or +Shift: (Effect 1 selection)
    KNOB 3 = Effect 2 amount or +Shift: (Effect 2 selection)
    KNOB 4 = Effect 3 amount or +Shift: (Effect 3 selection)

KNOB 5 = Loop Size
    KNOB 6 = Filter Amount
    KNOB 7 = Track Seek Position (Min = start of track, max = end of track or anywhere in between)
    KNOB 8 = FOCUS Deck A or Deck B (Turn Knob Left and All controls are for Deck A , Turn knob Right and All controls are for Deck B)

PROGRAM 2: DVS Mode (8 Hotcues, Effects, Looping, Filters, BeatJumps)

PAD 5 = Hotcue 5
    PAD 6 = Hotcue 6
    PAD 7 = Hotcue 7
    PAD 8 = Hotcue 8

PAD 1 = Hotcue 1
    PAD 2 = Hotcue 2
    PAD 3 = Hotcue 3
    PAD 4 = Hotcue 4

PAD 5 CC = SHIFT
    PAD 6 CC = EFFECT 1 On/Off
    PAD 7 CC = Effect 2 On/Off
    PAD 8 CC = Effect 3 On/Off

PAD 1 CC = Loop Set or +Shift: (Jump to Previous HotCue)
    PAD 2 CC = Filter On/Off or +Shift: (Jump to Next HotCue)
    PAD 3 CC = BeatJump Back 32 Beats or +Shift: (BeatJump Back 4 Beats)
    PAD 4 CC = BeatJump Frwd 32 Beats or +Shift: (BeatJump Frwd 4 Beats)

KNOB 1 = Effect Wet/Dry
    KNOB 2 = Effect 1 amount or +Shift: (Effect 1 selection)
    KNOB 3 = Effect 2 amount or +Shift: (Effect 2 selection)
    KNOB 4 = Effect 3 amount or +Shift: (Effect 3 selection)

KNOB 5 = Loop Size
    KNOB 6 = Filter Amount
    KNOB 7 = Track Seek Position (Min = start of track, max = end of track or anywhere in between)
    KNOB 8 = FOCUS Deck A or Deck B (Turn Knob Left and All controls are for Deck A , Turn knob Right and All controls are for Deck B)

PROGRAM 3 & 4 : BLANK - coming soon!

comments/bug reports/suggestion? mail me at djzilch@hotmail.com
    Setup:

Traktor Pro 2 / S2 MK2 / X1 MK2 / Audio6 / Pioneer HDJ2000 / Westone UM3X / rMBP 13 inch 2014 (2.8 GHz) / Focal Alpha 50

This looks good. You could free up a button by setting up the filter knob as ean has it on the vci couldnt you? So that the actual knob turns it on and not the button?

I'm gonna have a play with this now

Thanks for your hard work! Looks like a great mapping. I was just about to start one but don't think i need to now
    M I S T E R M O L E Y M O L E
    part of the digital revolution

owh ps ... quick question. Have you done anythin with regards to led feedback?

Quote Originally Posted by MisterMoleyMole View Post
    owh ps ... quick question. Have you done anythin with regards to led feedback?
    thanx dude!
    This mapping is based on hours of trial and error and testing out many many many different mappings, it all started with a simple 8 hotcue and effects like everyone else used to do - but i always get confused with which deck and which page am i controlling - thats why i kept it really simply yet packing as much function as possible

the LED Feedback - worked on this for hours with no luck! Anyone can help with some inputs? Would love to improve this mapping!
    I think its something with the lpd8 midi in/out?
    What i wanted to do :
    -When i turn on the effects, the LED Stays on while the effect is on and off when effect is off the led stays off - Cant : What it did was either the the led was only triggered if i click the effect buttons with my mouse on the screen - tried to do something with the akai editor instead but no luck!

-When the track is playing, i want the Play/Pause Button to blink to the beat , result : not good! It just somehow wont work! Anyone can have any input on this?

The Filter knob: Originally on PROGRAM1 it was just a knob, but i figured sometimes if i switch between decks i have to absolutely make sure that the filter knob is CENTERED - the button helps avoid unwanted or accidental filtering - but yes it would be great to free up a button and add another SHIFT button!

If anyone got any feedback on LEDS or how to make this mapping better please post here
    Setup:

Traktor Pro 2 / S2 MK2 / X1 MK2 / Audio6 / Pioneer HDJ2000 / Westone UM3X / rMBP 13 inch 2014 (2.8 GHz) / Focal Alpha 50

Had a play with led feedback last night and yes your right it is a bit cack isnt it. It appears that the actual press of the pads themselves triggers the led aswell as traktor. Anyone overcome this in anyway?

I managed to get the filter working (ish) but can only get it to turn on and off at the furthest anti clockwise point. I couldnt get it to work like eans vci, but i'm thinking i may have read that it gives out two lots of 127, with a 0 command in the center. Not sure we would get that working on the lpd unless there is something we can edit in the editor.

Will have another play tonight when i get home

tried to get prog 2 woprkin today with my scratch setup and it aint havin any of it. Wonder if its cus i'm on scratch pro?? wierd as prog1 seemed fine.

hmm really? havent tested it with pro yet so i wont know - anyone else have tested it with pro?

I have tested this mapping on my desktop pc (Intel Quad) and both of my laptops (one is macbook white and one is ASUS 2.2ghz 4GB RAM win7)

Did you load the akai editor file firsthand? Also, Did you go to the controller editor and suss it out over there?

Let us kno how it goes!
    Setup:

It was due to my lpd not being set up right ... its ok now

Glad it works now
    Setup:

Tech Convert

DJZILCH, Tnku man! You are my hero!) It works perfectly for my Tpro. Very comfy mapping.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast