$$$ disclosure from bloggers (EAN) - Page 2
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
    DJTT Moderator bloke Karlos Santos's Avatar

No. Definitely not cus a lot of the threads on here are DJ related not just software related.

I come on DJTTs because its all encompassing.
    Personally i dont need another Traktor Forum in my life hahaha

Fairness and balance is should not be forced its natural and thats what we have here.
    If its Traktor biased it cus that just the way it is. I dont believe it should artificially tampered with.

I love DJTTs Just The Way It Is. Please Dont Go Changing Anything.

From the discussions we've had as board moderators, we'd *LOVE* to have more articles about Serato, about Deckadance, about Live, about anything other than frikkin Traktor. We as editors are also active in supporting and promoting discussion about other devices than the VCI-100. Diversity is key to our survival.

At the end of the day, DJTT publishes what you people send in and what we can dig up ourselves. If you don't send in articles about Serato, we can't publish any.
    You want change? PARTICIPATE!

For my part, I am longing to replace Traktor with something revolutionary and better at the same job, and I look forward to the day we move on to a another piece of software. Max for Live is a big step in that direction (if only the file interface could be more helpful) but it has a way to go first.

Other than that there's nothing out there yet that has the potential to be the replacement. So we keep on trying to find new tricks with the same old software, what can you do?

Tech Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Fatlimey View Post
    From the discussions we've had as board moderators, we'd *LOVE* to have more articles about Serato, about Deckadance, about Live, about anything other than frikkin Traktor. We as editors are also active in supporting and promoting discussion about other devices than the VCI-100. Diversity is key to our survival.

At the end of the day, DJTT publishes what you people send in and what we can dig up ourselves. If you don't send in articles about Serato, we can't publish any.
    You want change? PARTICIPATE!

For my part, I am longing to replace Traktor with something revolutionary and better at the same job, and I look forward to the day we move on to a another piece of software. Max for Live is a big step in that direction (if only the file interface could be more helpful) but it has a way to go first.

Other than that there's nothing out there yet that has the potential to be the replacement. So we keep on trying to find new tricks with the same old software, what can you do?
    Can we get some articles on Live 8 and Max for Live. I've looked at some youtube vids and am sooooooo freakin lost with this stuff. I don't have a clue what any of it is. That would be something to add to our diversity.

I know this did not contribute much to this thread --- but the neither did the op

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by MrM View Post
    Did Ean and DJTT ever disclose who they take money from as bloggers in accordance with the new blogger laws? if so anyone link that to me....

I don't believe for one second that Tief guys really said they travel around the world and run into traktor as a norm everywhere they go... without even touching on serato's domination of traktor at the top tier of DJing..
    it would make more sense if tief were also on the NI payroll which Im going to look into..

But if your both on the NI payroll... you guys should just stop..the DJ world doesnt need a FOX news.

It all depends on what scene/country you're from. My mate does a lot of hip hop/top 40 gigs and loves Serato for them because of how fast he can mix tracks in and out and just get to business. If anything he said using something like Traktor for that with a midi controller would slow him down and I completely understand where he's coming from.

But at the same time when he sees me performing with Traktor he sees the potential it has to make something more than what was originally there.

Around the world electronic dance music is still king, and as such Traktor has taken over as the standard in that scene.

And a lot of top jocks have jumped from Serato to Traktor so that in itself speaks volumes in how well it is respected.

Here's some feedback from them

"RA: Do you remember the first time that you saw Traktor? What were your initial thoughts?

Dubfire: Well, I recall a lot of techno DJ's who were using Final Scratch when Native Instruments were involved with them but had always heard that the hardware was of poor quality. Once NI regained control of the company and relaunched the software and hardware as Traktor Scratch, I made the jump from Serato and have been truly in awe of its continuously improving features and evolution."

And another,

"RA: Do you remember the first time that you saw Traktor? What were your initial thoughts?

Loco Dice: It was 2007 and I was still a Serato user, but after many gigs with Richie Hawtin and Ali Dubfire I saw the spectrum, quality and stability of Traktor, which Serato could not deliver. Finally in 2008, I made the switch."

All pulled from here,

http://www.residentadvisor.net/feature.aspx?1035

Traktor is a quality product that delivers much more the Serato can at the moment. Don't get me wrong, Serato is good at what it does, but it doesn't do much and that is the downfall. But Traktor does what Serato can do AND much more on top of it. It can grow with you and lead to more possibilities than Serato ever could.

And why is it so hard to believe that some one believes in a product so strongly? Are we so jaded that we can't just accept it without assuming there's some ulterior motive behind it?

Banned

You guys are getting way more riled up than I was...
    Perhaps my conjucture about being Eans/Tiefs employment and the content of the interview was at the very least premature if not rude.

Im still just wondering if Ean and DJTT ever disclosed under the new laws or if they opted to pay the $$ penalty instead.. if so WHERE that could that list be be found at etc... just want to know the facts.

The facts would settle all this without argument.

DJTT Moderator bloke Karlos Santos's Avatar

Theres no arguement dude. Its just that the premise of your first post was that this website is biased towards Traktor 'because' Ean is paid by NI when in fact its more likely the other way round. Eans use of Traktor has made NI look at what he does and wish to work with him.

As for the Tief part, that i just dont understand. An artist chooses the software that suits there performance. No-one would use Traktor just cus it was given to them if Serato was more suited.

If an NI representative sees a DJ that they enjoy they can offer that DJ NI sponsorship.
    The DJs arent paid to plug Traktor. The DJs naturally want to promote a system that has enable them to be creative. I bleat on about Traktor to anyone who sits next to me long enough for me take a breath. A bit of free software and hardware isnt the same as being paid.

Im not totally clear on the Blog rules (i should read up).
    Its an interesting issue but, in the case of DJTTs its not one that i think is quite as controversial as it may have been presented.

No worries

Karlos

There really isn't anything to settle though..Ean and the DJTT guys provide us with amazing resources and a place where we can connect with DJ's all over the world for advice and other sorts of things. It doesn't really matter if Ean and DJTT receive money from any companies. I understand you want to know and now, under that law, you have the right to know who they receive funds from..I just don't see what difference that makes at all in regards to anything? I'm sorry if my first response seemed hostile but it seemed to me like you were rude and out of place with the comment. Lets just realize, there is nothing to settle and no argument to hold. We all love DJTT and if you don't, like I said before, there are other places to go

So- If I understand you correctly then your theory is that I interviewed a major artist and then twisted his words around to benefit a company that pays us to increase their public awareness?

Ok- I get that with all the financial scandals, people don't have a lot of faith in some companies- but jeez, thats just totally ridiculous. We dont take any money from ANYONE including advertisers so we can stay impartial. That means we are actually going out of our way to not take money and losing some in the process.

FACT #1: We write about serato regularly

FACT #2 We criticize Traktor on occasion where warranted

FACT #3 I dont give a rats ass what you use as long as it sounds good.

FACT #4 We have never taken a dime from a company to write an article (with one exception, in which I was paid as an artist to shoot a video) which was then posted and that was absolutely disclosed. http://www.djtechtools.com/2010/02/0...-fx-tutorials/

FACT #5 Any financial connections to the articles we write will be fully disclosed

FACT #4- The interview with Ali was not modified or changed in any way. We printed what he shared.

What we can take from this: Perhaps its just too much for people to believe that Dj TechTools is really just way cool. We are not on the payroll of any major companies, and that fact should be openly disclosed so that folks dont assume that we are.
    Last edited by EanGolden; 04-16-2010 at 04:17 PM.

I just hate these kind of statements, MrM.

If there is one thing I can be sure of, it's that the team will not be biased by money. The only thing they will be biased by, if you may call it that, is the love of music.

Let's just leave it at that. I don't even think DJTT should take time to explain time and time again, what the basic principles of the DJTT community are:
    One honest, independent and sharing information source.

If you can't buy that MrM, that just tells us more about you, than us.

[ot]Hey Ean, how about a party if you get to 1000 posts? [/ot]
    Last edited by tekki; 04-16-2010 at 04:33 PM.
    RSTRCTD | twitter | facebook (RSTRCTD) facebook (LJ) | vimeo | pinterest | my studio | soundcloud (RSTRCTD)| soundcloud (LJ)
    -- CHECK our DEBUT (DEEP)HOUSE EP RELEASE ON BEATPORT "RSTRCTD - EXISTENCE" --

Quote Originally Posted by EanGolden View Post
    Perhaps its just too much for people to believe that Dj TechTools is really just way cool.
    It's kinda hard to believe how cool everyone here is.

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast