Vestax SPIN Mapping for Traktor Duo/Pro - Page 2
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Tech Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by MeAngry View Post
    I'm pretty sure he's using a Mac, just like me...

I've already found out with other controllers that OS X's tighter MIDI timing isn't always working in it's advantage.
    I've had a Reloop controller which refused to light up 2 or more LED's at the same time because of that. On Windows (whichever version) there were no problems at all.

It seems this problem may also be related to that.
    I use a MAC too and I've tested OldFashioned's configuration on both the MAC and PC. I'm using OSX 10.5.8 if that helps.

Tech Wizard

That's really weird. I can easily reproduce a crash by just hitting the play button repeatedly. It will crash eventually. If I won't do it on purpose but am doing a set, it happens in about an half hour, and after that every few minutes.

Makes me want to sell it and buy a VCI-100 and get over with it...

Quote Originally Posted by flashflooder View Post
    Unfortunately I'm not quite sure what the issue is right now. It could potentially be sending more midi data across the controller than it was designed to handle, but I certainly would hope that's not the case. The issue was somewhat intermittent on the Spin I was using, so I was hoping that my controller was faulty and it not be a result of the tsi.

I'm very curious though to see how consistent the controller freezing up issue is with other Spin users. If anyone tests it out, please share your input.
    I can attest to the fact that the spin does freeze up occasionally. Luckily it can easily be fixed by pressing the play button, or if that doesn't work, press play manually with the cursor in Traktor. I notice that it tends to freeze sometimes when I press pause and play quickly, or one of the cue jump buttons quickly.
    My Mixcloud Page!
    Macbook Pro 13", Kontrol Z2, Kontrol F1, Kontrol X1, 2 x Pioneer CDJ-850, 2 x Pioneer CDJ-400, Traktor Scratch Pro, Audio 4 DJ.

Quote Originally Posted by MeAngry View Post
    That's really weird. I can easily reproduce a crash by just hitting the play button repeatedly. It will crash eventually. If I won't do it on purpose but am doing a set, it happens in about an half hour, and after that every few minutes.

Makes me want to sell it and buy a VCI-100 and get over with it...
    I did a few gigs over the past weekend which were 3+hrs and the freeze only occured once, and after it had happened it did not occur again.
    My Mixcloud Page!
    Macbook Pro 13", Kontrol Z2, Kontrol F1, Kontrol X1, 2 x Pioneer CDJ-850, 2 x Pioneer CDJ-400, Traktor Scratch Pro, Audio 4 DJ.

Tech Wizard

Ordered my Spin back in February...lol. Hope to try this and oldfashioned's TSI out later.

I've been reading the threads on this TSI and the other one created by oldfashioned: http://www.djtechtools.com/forum/sho...d.php?t=103722 and I've noticed there have been talks of the Spin freezing on people. I'm in real need of a MIDI controller and I'm seriously considering getting a Spin if I can learn more about this freezing issue. What exactly happens when it freezes, does Traktor freeze as well or is it just the controller? Can it be fixed easily, what are some ways to prevent it, etc.? Also, if any of you have tried out the other mapping, which one did you like more? This one or that one?

Thanks everyone.

Edit: Link won't work. Maybe this will this time: http://www.djtechtools.com/forum/showthread.php?t=10372

Tech Wizard

Mine freezes a lot on me with Traktor 1.2.4 on my Macbook Pro.

No gain faders?

I have realized a Def & mapper for Virtual DJ and I don't see any freeze on it, I have mapped also the vu meter leds without problems, I think traktor have some "funnel" limit problem on the midi IN/OUT but the controller have no one problem.

The "freezing" problem, as it was mentioned on this forum and others, is related top the LED range, and will occur with any MIDI applications if you enable both MIDI IN and OUT.

oldfashioned (known as Architech on the Traktor forum) was able to correct this issue by changing the LED range in the Traktor MIDI config, as explained in this thread:

http://www.native-instruments.com/fo...d.php?t=101836
    The Phat One

Tech Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by DJ Phatso View Post
    The "freezing" problem, as it was mentioned on this forum and others, is related top the LED range, and will occur with any MIDI applications if you enable both MIDI IN and OUT.

oldfashioned (known as Architech on the Traktor forum) was able to correct this issue by changing the LED range in the Traktor MIDI config, as explained in this thread:

http://www.native-instruments.com/fo...d.php?t=101836

MIDI range is indeed causing the freezing issues! I really need to get going now, but I will surely cooperate later! As some of you may know, I am currently working on a 4 deck version TSI, started completely from scratch, but I will gladly help with whatever I can here!

I'll test this TSI later in the evening!

Cheers guys and c u soon!

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast