Smart knob mappings?
    Tech Guru

Default Smart knob mappings?

Just recently geting into midi mapping and smart knobs. I was wondering if any of you guys know of any good smart knob combos?
    Traktor Scratch Pro, Ableton Live 8, MacBook Pro 13'', Traktor Kontrol S4, Traktor Kontrol X1, , Midifighter, NI Audio 6 DJ, HDJ-2000 Headphones, UDG Producer Bag.
    Original Productions: https://soundcloud.com/alligator
    My Duo Productions: https://soundcloud.com/rockafellers
    Facebook Fanpage -->http://www.facebook.com/djalligator123

Well it's obvious and basic but a delay knob that controls the dry / wet and amount and it turning on and then freezing at a certain point is very useful...
    CLUB OF JACKS - RELEASES >>TRAXSOURCE
    Club of Jacks are a London based House & Garage production / DJ duo with releases on a number of underground labels including Plastik People Recordings, Blockhead Recordings, Hi Energy!, Pocket Jacks Trax, Soul Revolution Records and their own Club of Jacks imprint.

Tech Convert

how do you have it freeze at a certain midi value? i haven't seen a feature in traktors midi mappings for that... but i've seen some videos of ean where it is done..

one way is the midi-message send by the EQ-knobs of the vci 100, when turned to 50, or the kill message on these when turned to 0

Tech Convert

Quote Originally Posted by makio001 View Post
    how do you have it freeze at a certain midi value? i haven't seen a feature in traktors midi mappings for that... but i've seen some videos of ean where it is done..
    any clues???

click the youtube link in my sig. I have a couple of things you might like. A reverse knob and a couple of super buttons. Also on my channel is a link to ArmyofMe's superknob sweep which is very good.

The Freeze is done with a button. If you want to you can map a knob as a button so when you turn it from zero it turns on and off again when turned back to zero. A combo of delay knob for dry/wet and amount and a button for freeze is what I use and what Ean did it on his Oxygen mapping. I don't believe you can map a knob/fader to turn on a button at the middle or end of it's travel without Bomes. Only the beginning. The VCI firmware and the new Midi fighter firmware give you Midi notes to map in the middle and end of the knob/fader range, but that is on the hardware side of things. Ean came up with this for his Fader Fx Theory.