VCI Stability poll. - Page 9
Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 5678910 LastLast

Ok, I'm sure its something I'm not doing right, but I cannot get any LED feedback with bomes and loopbe.

I have the VCI set as the midi in device as usual, and loopbe set as midi out in traktor.

In bomes, I have it set exactly the reverse, loopbe as in, and vci as out.

I have also set midi thru.

I get nothing lighting up on the VCI at all. Gonna keep at it, cause I know I got it working with midi ox (albeit it didnt fix my crash).

Also, windows 7 users, have to tried my ultra small 'crash' tsi or made your own to stress test it ?
    www.djmoonie.co.uk
    The Left for dead show
    (GMT+0) Tuesdays Midnight til 1.30am, on www.phonic.fm,
    or 106.8fm in the south west of england.
    For private bookings, please use www.djmoonie.com

Ignore me, for some reason loopbe had been muted, but unmuting it, and I now have LED feedback!

Now to stress test it...

UPDATE:-

Using Loopbe with either bomes or Midi-Ox cures the midi out freeze under xp/vista!

Using my crash.tsi file, and traktor 1.1.2 I was unable to get a single hang despite seriously overloading the midi-out.
    I also double checked my results by going back to using midi-out straight to the VCI and was able to lock it up within 30 seconds using the same tsi file.

Notes:-

Although Midi-Ox also cures the issue, its obviously still lurking somewhere, because when you try to shut it down, midi-ox then hangs when trying to close the ports. Because this keeps the process alive, it can potentially cause windows to not shutdown when you want it to, and also to lock up midi ports without a reboot.

Bomes:- Does not suffer at all, it exits cleanly. The only issue is that you have to wait a few seconds for it to start unless you buy a license.

Well done bro!
    Last edited by djmoonie; 11-30-2009 at 04:22 PM.
    www.djmoonie.co.uk
    The Left for dead show
    (GMT+0) Tuesdays Midnight til 1.30am, on www.phonic.fm,
    or 106.8fm in the south west of england.
    For private bookings, please use www.djmoonie.com

Quote Originally Posted by hurundi View Post
    this is what i did:
    - install bomes http://www.bome.com/midi/translator/
    - install LoopBe1 (free virstual midi port software) http://nerds.de/data/setuploopbe1.exe
    - select your vci as midi-in in traktor and LoopBe1 as midi-out
    - select LoopBe1 as midi-in in bomes und your vci as midi-out
    - choose MIDI Thru under options in bomes
    - enjoy the led-feedback on a stable system
    I've never had any issues with crashes or lockups within Traktor on Windows. I was however having an issue with a popping sound when I toggled juggle. There's a discussion about that issue here.

It didn't happen when I turned off midi out in Traktor. I was in the process of trying to re-work my mapping to try and resolve the issue when I found this post. This workaround resolved the issue completely. I was a little worried about this increasing my latency, but I'm getting 1.5 ms in Traktor with no issues. Bigups for posting this! Someone should sticky this fix!

hey guys!

I have a little problem with my VCI...
    from time to time, the right deck controls stop working...
    like cue play and stop to work anymore, while the left deck and the mixer still work properly..
    i've had this use with different soundcards, and traktor keeps on working so it must be the VCI.
    anyone had this issue before?
    thanks

Tech Wizard

GOOD NEWS
    FINALY!

i didnt doubt that someone in this great community is going to solve this problem

thanx a million!
    Last edited by shomili; 12-09-2009 at 03:48 PM.

i also have some problems with my vci 100 se: everytime i use fader fx mode and i go crazy using the jogs and the faders (gater fx, reverb,... those are perfectly fitted for dubstep) my vci freezes and i have to turn it off and on again. dunno why this happens. when i use the fader fx mode just a little bit nothing happens but when using it excessive (getting lost in scratching the jogs and pulling up and down the faders for over 2 minutes) it always freezes...argh. that makes me angry.
    Last edited by Ed Paris; 12-09-2009 at 07:32 PM.
    I'm just a girl, standing in front of a boy, asking him to love her.

Quote Originally Posted by hurundi View Post
    hooray! i have some good news concerning the freeze problem. in this thread http://www.djtechtools.com/forum/showthread.php?t=8525 DJPhaidon gave me the advice that using bomes could fix the promlem. i didn't really expect it to work but i gave it a try and guess what, i never had a freeze in traktor again!

this is what i did:
    - install bomes http://www.bome.com/midi/translator/
    - install LoopBe1 (free virstual midi port software) http://nerds.de/data/setuploopbe1.exe
    - select your vci as midi-in in traktor and LoopBe1 as midi-out
    - select LoopBe1 as midi-in in bomes und your vci as midi-out
    - choose MIDI Thru under options in bomes
    - enjoy the led-feedback on a stable system

Works for me too!!

my setup:
    - PC winXP SP3
    - VCI-100 FW 1.2
    - Traktor Pro v1.2.4
    - Mapping 3.1.2

When pressing the FX-Route, while music playing, there are some short sound dropouts - pressing more often and fast causes Traktor to hang - just have to power vci off and on

using bomes and loopbe1 no more problems, but LED-Feedback is working!

Great solution!! - THX

So is this a Windows only fix? I am having LED issues myself on OSX and don't know much about BOMES. Although, the detailed fix seems easy enough, just wanted to confirm before I dove in.
    papachilla...| UB Macbook Pro | NI Kontrol S4 | NI Kontrol X1 | AKAI MPD32 | AKAI LPK25 | KRK ROKIT5-2

Quote Originally Posted by papachilla View Post
    So is this a Windows only fix? I am having LED issues myself on OSX and don't know much about BOMES. Although, the detailed fix seems easy enough, just wanted to confirm before I dove in.
    this fix is for the freeze-problem which concerns only windows users. you can try it but i guess it won't solve your led issues. have you correctly assigned the vci as midi-out device?

Yeah, the controller is working great, minus a few of the bugs which have already been detailed in the 3_1 thread. - So I'll just chalk it up to "bugs" for now. :P
    papachilla...| UB Macbook Pro | NI Kontrol S4 | NI Kontrol X1 | AKAI MPD32 | AKAI LPK25 | KRK ROKIT5-2

Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 5678910 LastLast