S4 - Traktor Pro 2 - Scamo's Effect Jogs Extreme [Version 4.4 Beta] - Page 7
Page 7 of 19 FirstFirst ... 3456789101117 ... LastLast
    Tech Convert

I curious as to what and how much alterations with the layout may screw up the mapping?

Cause as it is now the browser is tiny, thanks for the improvement when in browse mode though.
    It's going to take some time to get used to switching.

If I adjust columns in the browser, like moving them around and adjusting size, would that screw up stuff?

What about removing the xfader and cue volumes and making the sample decks tiny?

Thank you.

@King Fader - I doub't the changes you've mentioned would affect the mapping. Try them out. If it still works. Great! Let us know about it.

@Sonicsculpture - A user has reported it works with the Midi-Fighter. That is also why I've reordered my effects, so they match to the Midi-Fighter mapping. I think you might have to go out and back into Jog FX mode to reset Traktor for my mapping to work after using the MF with effects though. That is the kind of super-advanced mapping stuff I still need to learn. Plus I need an MF to test with.

scamo
    Skooppa - the revolution is beginning!

You want the best FX jogs on the S4? Then try this mapping!

Our Mixes: Mixcloud - Soundcloud
    Hehe...yeah. We're just beginning.

Tech Wizard

@scamo & king fader: my layout is completely different than original. zero problems!

Hey Scamo, amazing mapping! I've been trolling the forums for a while, and this mapping is so awesome that it brought me out of my cave to actually post. One thing I absolutely love is the beatmash effect that drops a cue when you lauch it. Pure genius! I have one question and also think I may have found one issue (although extremely minor). My question is this. What exactly is the difference between the 4.4 beta and Alinement's mapping? I can't figure it out for the life of me. The one thing I've noticed is that on one of your effects chains, the reverb is set differently on each deck. The last thing I have for you is this one suggestion. On the effects combos that have reverb as a nonchanging effect, it would be great to be able to use the knob to change it. You can technically do it, but if you move the jogwheel at all it resets back to it's original position (making it not easy nor ideal to add reverb with the knob). I'm not very well versed in mapping, so I don't know if this would require more modifiers or anything crazy that makes it not doable. Overall great job though. This is infinitely better than the djtt mapping and definitely the best (not to mention most stable) mapping I've tried with my s4. Thanks

Hi John,

Thanks for the compliment.

These are the differences to Alinement's mapping. It is actually his mapping (which was actually mine before he made his changes), with these changes. (Taken from my first post in this thread)

1. The filter is taken out of mode 4.
    2. The T-3 delay has been replaced with just the delay effect in modes 1 and 2. (I am still not sure just the delay is right for mode 1.)
    3. One note on mode 5. I've taken out the cross-over of effect unit 3 for the moment, as it wasn't working for me properly and I was too tired yesterday evening to figure out what was going wrong. It was leaving effect unit 3 on deck B and I couldn't get it back. Only with switching through the effects again did it then work again, which isn't the best work flow in some situations. Sorry Alinement. I'll get it straight next version.

About your suggestion. It's not going to be possible to change the reverb with the knob, as long as the reverb is the 3rd effect in the 1st or 2nd effect banks. The problem is, the third effect is the one that Traktor always tries to manipulate, when you turn on the Jog FX mode (and the only one). So I had to actually trick the software into getting the reverb to stay static, otherwise the jog would change the reverb, which isn't always what we need.

Hope that makes sense. Sorry I can't help you with your suggestion. It is a quirk with the way the software works with the mapping. I wish NI would just take out the manipulation of the third effect or change it to the first. Then we are in business.

scamo

Thanks for all your hard work with the replies Scamo, about that Reverb in 5, its not a big deal, I just found it easier having that way for me but as a chained effect works as well, but I found not as well as advanced, it works alright for me without the issues you mention.

When I start it up, I like to run the effects grouping once to loosen them up so to speak, and when I have an inkling of an issue I use your reset, for those that dont know, its the Shift and Offset (I end up tapping it a few times to make sure).

It does work with Midifighter and the X1 and I have ALOT of different effects grouping and it hasnt been an issue. That being said I still have issues only with Deck 3 being a track deck, but with the resets its not a big deal.

Looking forward to whats next though Ill try to have a look at what I can help with too.

Alinement

Hey everyone,

I found some time today to play with the mapping. It was more like a bout of experimentation, as I wanted to find out if I could get the jogs to change the modes like in the DJTT FX jogs mapping. I took about 3 hours playing with the DJTT S4 mapping and trying different ways to get the modes to switch with the jog wheel and do more than just 3 modes. After all that playing around, I've come to the conclusion, it aint going to work like I want it too.

But, I did find an alternative.

I am going to use the C and D deck gain encoders with shift. I've gotten a set-up going where I can scroll through the modifiers and also switch between modifiers 1 and 3 for Deck A and 2 and 4 for Deck B. The only issue I have, which I haven't figured out yet, is the fact I can't get modifier 1 (and 2) to stop at 1. It goes to 0, which means it will screw up the mapping. Once I figure out how to stop mod 1 from going to 0, then I'll build it into the mapping and we'll have 14 effect modes.:eek:

Time for some more ideas for effect groupings.

I hope I can find some more time the next few days to continue.

scamo

Tech Convert

ok, well.
    It was working great for me on Friday!
    Adjusted preferences and all.
    Saturday night I setup for my gig and I get this weird thing where
    when I press Sync on the decks the pitch drops down half way, not sure what the percentage was and I couldn't adjust pitch with the fader.
    The effects wouldn't light up when pressing the Load switches either.
    The switches themselves wouldn't light up that is.

The clock wouldn't let me set a deck as Master.
    The only way was to go into the Metronome and undo it's auto stuff.
    Then I could manually assign a deck as master.
    This would be cumbersome throughout the night though.

So I go back and load in my default mappings, that I saved before.
    All good.

So I think in a panic, I'll just re-import the tsi file for Scamo.
    What I did though was re-import the DJTT tsi file a couple times instead.
    ugh, once I realized this I stopped doing that, deleted the mapping in Traktor
    then tried it again with the Scamo tsi file.
    I did some macbook restarts in all this too.

Nothing worked, I went back to my default user tsi I had saved.
    Did the show, bummed though I was looking forward to using this.

Today I started up, deleted all the DJTT tsi's from my HD, re-imported Scamo's twice and it's all good.
    Did some Permission Repairs and restarts.

I don't know what happened. I did do a permissions repair I think between Friday and Saturday night, maybe that was it? I might have stopped it halfway through at some point.

I don't know if my preference and browser window adjustments had anything to do with this.

thoughts?

I believe, if you get messed up with mappings and things start to get weird, the best thing to do is delete the mappings except the default and restart Traktor.

I was playing with the S4 DJTT mapping yesterday and I got into a bug where the play button didn't work anymore. Don't ask me how I got it to happen, but it was with effect group 3. I could load tracks, scratch, change in and out of the effects modes, but the track in Deck A just wouldn't play. I thought to myself, "Oh my god. If this would happen in a performance....!:eek:"

Edit/ Oh, and the only way I could get rid of it was to restart Traktor with the default mapping.

scamo

Tech Wizard

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by scamo View Post
    I am going to use the C and D deck gain encoders with shift.
    great idea!!!! I can't wait to see new mapping!

IMHO it will be better to use just gain encoder to change the modes and gain+shift for gain, but I'll be happy either way!

ty again for your hard work

Page 7 of 19 FirstFirst ... 3456789101117 ... LastLast