Xone: K2 Thread - Page 67
Page 67 of 71 FirstFirst ... 1757636465666768697071 LastLast

Thread: Xone: K2 Thread

Tech Convert

Just posted my first mapping i've ever made (BBridges K2 map). its 2 deck with 2 fx superknobs, 4 hc per deck, play sync cue, full eq w/ kills and filter, and loop select/set. It also has the cue buttons, which are mapped under volume fader, as monitor level as lights. the clip light is at the top of the channel strip under the gain knob.

I need help figuring out and fixing bugs, so take a look and feel free to comment.

Yeah, I would have much preferred two sets of RCAs on the back tbh.
    The xwax Thread! - The minimal open source DVS for Linux!
    Reddit's /r/DJs! - Another great DJ community!

Tech Mentor

Quick question for those who have mapped there k2's via layers mode. Right now I have a 2 deck + effects setup with a single k2. Later on I plan to add a second k2 so I can control 4 decks with 5 hot cues per deck. What I want to know is when mapping with layers, are all the LED return feedback colours all the same as the current layer? Like for example 1 layer is red, will all my buttons have to be red in that layer for my map to work properly? Reason I ask is because my 2deck mapping has all 3 colours in the mapping according to what each button does. Hot cues in red, play green, sync orange etc.
    - 15.4" MBP 2.7 i7 - Macbook 13" - Allen&Heath Xone92R - V-Moda Crossfade LP - Pioneer HDJ-2000 - Traktor Pro2 - Xone k2 - NI Maschine - Ableton Live Suite 9 -

Sound Cloud : http://soundcloud.com/alexandercocar

Tech Convert

Yes, only one color per latching layer.
    I'd encourage you to re-map the K2 with latching layers off.. There's so much cool stuff you can do with color LEDs... And you can always map a new layer using she shift-key and modifiers... So there's no need really for latching layers.

Tech Mentor

Well the only reason I would do layers is so that I wouldn't have to hit shift in order to change a parameter. I would like to have each deck accesible over two k2's + the option to run on 1 k2 if the other fails. My current map is using all 3 of the colour LED's and it is cool as f**K tho...
    - 15.4" MBP 2.7 i7 - Macbook 13" - Allen&Heath Xone92R - V-Moda Crossfade LP - Pioneer HDJ-2000 - Traktor Pro2 - Xone k2 - NI Maschine - Ableton Live Suite 9 -

Sound Cloud : http://soundcloud.com/alexandercocar

Tech Wizard

Can anyone tell me if the Xone K2 is usb class compilant and is working with software like djay for the ipad/iphone?

Is there a decent mapping available for using one K2 and Traktor? I want the K2 configured as the only controller and soundcard so I can just bring the K2 and a computer and do everything I need. None of the mappings I've looked at seem very intuitive, and my poor K2 is just gathering dust... (well, actually it's not gathering dust thanks to the fancy case, but still...)
    "Art is what you can get away with." - Marshall McLuhan

Just make one, it's only take an hour or two and then you'll have exactly what you're after.
    The xwax Thread! - The minimal open source DVS for Linux!
    Reddit's /r/DJs! - Another great DJ community!

I am trying to use my K2 as my soundcard for my maschine have the output from maschine set as K2 but no getting any sound , when I switch the output to my Db4 I get sound , not sure if I am missing some thing. I have 2 k2s connected via xlink then usb to a hub then the mac.
    MBP 17 " , Allen & Heath Xone 92 , 2 X NI D2 , Midi Fighter Twister , MF3D , Maschine Mk2 , KRK RP6 G2 , Push , Technics 1210 mk2 , Aiaiai TMA-1 Studio Young Guru

DJTT Infectious Moderator photojojo's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by djproben View Post
    Is there a decent mapping available for using one K2 and Traktor? I want the K2 configured as the only controller and soundcard so I can just bring the K2 and a computer and do everything I need. None of the mappings I've looked at seem very intuitive, and my poor K2 is just gathering dust... (well, actually it's not gathering dust thanks to the fancy case, but still...)
    You want two deck or four deck?
    Chris Jennings FHP

Podcast - Soundcloud - Mixcloud - Beatport Charts - x