[OT] Online Games - Page 5
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by xtianw View Post
    i thought his original design was brilliant.

i was actually working at SOE at the time. Sadly, he was moved off the project to "SOE Creative Director" just after launch.

That whole NGE mess happened about a year and a half after Raph left the company.
    all i know is that game last 3 months and then it died, where as EQ II on Nagafen was awesome until they also killed that of, allowing 2-3 group pvp raids was a joke..

Quote Originally Posted by padi_04 View Post
    once diablo 3 is relased i'm screwed again. just sayin
    Might be the same here.
    RSTRCTD | twitter | facebook (RSTRCTD) facebook (LJ) | vimeo | pinterest | my studio | soundcloud (RSTRCTD)| soundcloud (LJ)
    -- CHECK our DEBUT (DEEP)HOUSE EP RELEASE ON BEATPORT "RSTRCTD - EXISTENCE" --

Tech Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Ciar2001 View Post
    all i know is that game last 3 months and then it died, where as EQ II on Nagafen was awesome until they also killed that of, allowing 2-3 group pvp raids was a joke..
    that was right about the same time the new lead dev started tinkering with the game balance as he didnt understand raph's social inter dependency community model.

those changes were the beginning of what led to the combat upgrade. which as you know, REALLY pissed a lot of people off.

then that lead to the CURB revamp, which only made matters worse.

then management stepped in and the nge was born.
    Baked Chicken | Brown Rice | Asparagus | Apple Juice | Snack Wells | Pretzel Chips | Lots of Water

Tech Guru

Quote Originally Posted by padi_04 View Post
    once diablo 3 is relased i'm screwed again. just sayin
    I've just got my old Diablo 2 LOD CDs yesterday

But I will try to play offline, Battlenet is too much for me these days

aye game companies need to learn to leave well alone, seen so many mmg's destroyed and i play mainly for pvp always have, played 95% f the mmg's today and since WoW they have been ruined by such an awful game.. going to dabble in Rift but doubt it will be long lived..

Tech Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Ciar2001 View Post
    aye game companies need to learn to leave well alone, seen so many mmg's destroyed and i play mainly for pvp always have, played 95% f the mmg's today and since WoW they have been ruined by such an awful game.. going to dabble in Rift but doubt it will be long lived..
    if you like pvp, then youll be excited about guild wars 2.

totally different lead designer for the sequel.

and it was the guy that did the lion's share of all the level design work for starcraft 1. Eric Flannum. I worked with him at Shiny Entertainment. Guy REALLY knows how to make multiplayer games.
    Baked Chicken | Brown Rice | Asparagus | Apple Juice | Snack Wells | Pretzel Chips | Lots of Water

Quote Originally Posted by xtianw View Post
    if you like pvp, then youll be excited about guild wars 2.

totally different lead designer for the sequel.

and it was the guy that did the lion's share of all the level design work for starcraft 1. Eric Flannum. I worked with him at Shiny Entertainment. Guy REALLY knows how to make multiplayer games.
    yes and no being from UO and enjoying DAoC SB and the likes, i did play GW1 but found it unexciting probably as i am not into instances i much prefer open world, being able to take control of areas and choke points, loved AC for this reason alone.

may try it though.

Tech Mentor

diablo 3 will probably make me skip a few days of class. but as a random status update, rift is actually pretty fun. as far as ive seen, its taking ideas from all the failed games of the last couple of years and improving on top of them. Sure its not completely original, but neither was WoW. the only thing that's gotten boring is listening to kids talk about how wow is better and how original it was - considering it ripped off the older mmo's and made it super dooper mainstream. /endrant
    Live Gear : MacBook Pro 13" & 15" (depends which one I grab), Kontrol S4, Midi-Fighter, Shure SRH750DJ, Dedication.
    Quote Originally Posted by Karlos Santos View Post
    itajen just told Chilly to read the fucking manual... lol
    *takes hat off and bows to itajen*
    Be the change you want to see in the world.

This thread is such a "lets all get addicted to another MMO !" thread, and it's scaring me! But yeah, i'll be pickin up Diablo 3, regardless of whether I choose to play it or not.

That sucks that you actually have to level up characters. I used to have like 30 different account infos that I used to hop on to play diff chars / classes.

DJTT Administrator del Ritmo padi_04's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Coldfuzion View Post
    This thread is such a "lets all get addicted to another MMO !" thread, and it's scaring me! But yeah, i'll be pickin up Diablo 3, regardless of whether I choose to play it or not.

That sucks that you actually have to level up characters. I used to have like 30 different account infos that I used to hop on to play diff chars / classes.

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast