S4 - Traktor Pro 2 - Scamo's Effect Jogs Extreme [Version 4.4 Beta] - Page 4
Page 4 of 19 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast
    Tech Wizard

tnx scamo!

one more thing (for now ) why is not posssible to use loop in 1st mode? is it to complicated to map in that way or just your decision?

after 4 hours gig the only thing I really missing in your mapping is simple but veeeery nice and effective digital lo-fi + filter combo like in this video
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yU2_otKgWZg (cca 1:05)

I miss that combo and my own discipline to NOT press load for loading songs

regards and thank you again for your hard work!

Tech Student

hey scamo this is the best dam thing to happen to the s4!! i love it, I cant wait till 4.4.1

Quote Originally Posted by viszla View Post
    tnx scamo!

one more thing (for now ) why is not posssible to use loop in 1st mode? is it to complicated to map in that way or just your decision?

after 4 hours gig the only thing I really missing in your mapping is simple but veeeery nice and effective digital lo-fi + filter combo like in this video
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yU2_otKgWZg (cca 1:05)

I miss that combo and my own discipline to NOT press load for loading songs

regards and thank you again for your hard work!
    No Problem.

Wow, you did a 4 hour gig with the mapping? That is really nice to hear.

Looping with mode 1 not working. I added a cue-in in this mode (which is the reason a loop will stop), because I wanted to be able to beatmash then come back to where I started to beatmash and basically re-enter the song near or at where I started to beatmash. I had actually mapped different methods to accomplish the same thing. I tried to start and stay in a loop. That was really hard to get the timing right and get back out of the loop and it sound right. I also tried to just stop the track and restart it when I was finished with beatmashing and said to myself, that sort of works, but what if I don't want to stop the track, which happens often too? The cue-in was the best way to do what I wanted. The cue-in is only one command in the mapping. If you don't like it. Take it out. But if you time cueing back to the start right (it does take some timing), then adding the beatmashing effect is more fluid in a lot of situations.

Someone mentioned the cue-in (using a different command) could possibly and not kill a running loop. I haven't found it yet. But to be honest, I haven't looked really hard at all.

I'll look into the lo-fi effect for the next major version (when and if I can get the jog working for selecting the modes and I can add another additional 6 or 7 modes.)

As for your discipline issue. Just remember to press shift with the load button too.

scamo
    Skooppa - the revolution is beginning!

You want the best FX jogs on the S4? Then try this mapping!

Our Mixes: Mixcloud - Soundcloud
    Hehe...yeah. We're just beginning.

Tech Wizard

yes, cue is somehow similar to loop, I do understand you intention.
    anyhow, 4 hour gig (more party than gig) without problems!
    and btw I'm now using cue buttons as load buttons. IMHO much more elegant than shift+load option!

Tech Mentor

Scamo awesomely wicked mapping.

Last friday i did a 10 hour party/set using this mapping in conjuction with the Midi fighter mapping and it was freaking amazing.

I mostly used your mapping for transitions and sweeps when im adding in new songs and then using the midi fighter mapping for rolls and litte bits here and there.

I am really happy that this mapping works in conjunction with the Midi fighter.

IMO this blows the DJTT mapping out of the water!

GREAT mapping.

I am working on setting up my own combos and will share when i have them done
    Kontrol S4-Novation Launch Pad-MF Pro BM-Traktor Pro 2-KRKRP8/KRK10-Windows 7 64 Bit-Toshiba A660

I dont care if you use 2 ipads...2 cassette tapes...or a washboard and a wooden spoon...if you rock it, you rock it.

Great to hear Gapout. Thanks for the feedback. Looking forward to what you can come up with for effects groupings. We might just have the possibility for another 6 or 7 more.

scamo

Tech Wizard

Scamo,

Gotta say this is great. The combo of you and Alinement has made me look very *ahem* impressive.

Anyways, did a 5 hour set this past weekend and many people loved it. I had a friend come by who was very familiar with the S4 and when he saw the capabilities of this mapping plus Instant Grat on a MFC, he just sat there slackjawed. He focused intently on me the entire night and got a bit creepy.

Keep up the good work sir, you too Alinement! Looking forward to your next iterations of these mappings!

@donutsdc -

scamo

Tech Wizard

another friday night behind me - another gig without any problems with this great mapping!
    (and not a single 'wrong' load button pressed )

just one idea: is it possible to make option to make my own order of FXs (modes) because and I'm using only 5 of them, not all 7?
    Last edited by viszla; 01-28-2012 at 06:16 AM.

Hey viszla. Good to hear the mapping is working for you.

The only way to get different mode groups or number of mode groups is to actually just (re)map them. Sorry I can't help much there. If I ever can come up with a method of using the jog to "scroll" through the modes up and down, that might help you be able to get to them faster. This is one of the things at the top of my to-do list, so keep an eye out for future versions.

scamo

Page 4 of 19 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast