Anyone know how to make LED's light up at start up with an Allen & Heath K2? - Page 3
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thanks Stewe, done that now!
    MacBook Pro 13 (Q1 2011) | Adam A5X | Akai APC20 | Alesis QX49 | Behringer BCR2000 | NI Komplete Audio 6

Maybe someone can help me? I've mapped the EXIT SETUP button (bottom right corner) as a modifier (namely as SHIFT button) with LED feedback and it also acts as a Send Monitor State. But when Deck B and Deck D are playing, and I press the modifier button, the button keeps blinking, like the Beat Phase button? What's wrong here... Here's my mapping: https://maps.djtechtools.com/mappings/1500 for A/B and https://maps.djtechtools.com/mappings/1501 for C/D. Both mapping give the same problem, on Deck B and Deck D.
    MacBook Pro 13 (Q1 2011) | Adam A5X | Akai APC20 | Alesis QX49 | Behringer BCR2000 | NI Komplete Audio 6

DJTT Mapping Ninja Moderator Stewe's Avatar

Hey JDFS,

What's the midi note for that button?

For the modifier you mean? MIDI note is D#0 (Eb0), and the output for the color red is the same, G0 for amber and B0 for green.

Yep, for your shift modifier. I've just looked into your A/B tsi and have noticed the send monitor state command mapped for same button as shift modifier. Is there some specific reason why you're using that instead of corresponding output command for that modifier? That could be your fix, though I honestly didn't mess with K2 before to give you better opinion.

Well, I think that the purpose of Send Monitor State isn't clear enough for me, then. I use Send Monitor State as an input for the SHIFT modifier because I want the LEDs of button 1-16 to be updated. For instance, when a track is not playing that LED (when plays it's green) stays dimmed. But if I use SHIFT, I can utilize Key On/Off (Key On, led is red) with the same button. But when Key On, and I release the SHIFT modifier, the LED stays red instead of dimmed.

Maybe you can help me out with this?

In case of shift button I never use send monitor command in my mappings and simply follow modifier conditions for both LED state.

M=0 > dimmed
    M=1 > key on (red)

From my experience, setting corresponding modifier conditions for both 'IN' and 'OUT' commands should do the trick.

Ok, I tried removing the Send Monitor State command from my SHIFT modifier. However, my LEDs won't update after I release the SHIFT modifier! The Play button (unlit when track is not playing, green when track is playing) stays red (Key Lock On/Off) and my SHIFT modifier is blinking with the beat of Deck B/D.

I've made a video off of it to show that what you're saying is not working, or I'm doing it wrong. I forgot, when I press my SHIFT modifier, the LED of that button is red when pressed.

EDIT: Solved the Beat Phase problem. Don't know how, but the command was messed up and mapped to the modifier... That's all good now. Still the refresh of the LEDs to worry about. They only update as I use the Send Monitor State command.
    Last edited by JDFS; 05-04-2013 at 06:45 AM.

Tech Wizard

I had the same problem when I tried to make this happen. Light won't refresh red on stop until I use send monitor state...not sure why. To be completely frank and honest, I can't imagine why you'd want the light to be red instead of just off. The more lights I have to look at, the more my brain has to process. I like to be able to look at my controller and know that only what lights are ON are playing. When numerous lights are on or flashing on my controller, I feel like I'm more likely to get confused. To each his own though.

I can't believe that K2 has three pages of firmware but still need traktor to refresh output. The CMD PL-1 has four pages which are totally respecting modifiers.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast