Turn 2 LPD8 into a MidiFighter (leds working) - Page 3
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Tech Convert

I did have a go at setting it up using the link in your sig. Excellent instruction guide I thought I followed it completely however when playing songs in traktor & bashing away at the LPD8 nothing seems to happens. I am also using a Kontrol S2 so maybe thats conflicting?

Also I did notice after I did your guide & left all programs open it slowed the tempo down of the song I was playing any ideas why ?

Help getting it all sorted would be much appreciated

Quote Originally Posted by Bullen View Post
    I did have a go at setting it up using the link in your sig. Excellent instruction guide I thought I followed it completely however when playing songs in traktor & bashing away at the LPD8 nothing seems to happens. I am also using a Kontrol S2 so maybe thats conflicting?

Also I did notice after I did your guide & left all programs open it slowed the tempo down of the song I was playing any ideas why ?

Help getting it all sorted would be much appreciated
    probably one of two things:

* in+out ports round the wrong way (u can't see the full port names so it's tricky - i should have used shorter names) the "MidiFighter1 Output" needs to be the In-Port in traktor

* you're lpd8 is sending different midi to what my code is expecting. i've tried to keep it vanilla, but i did tweak mine when i first got it and tried to put it basically back to stock. theres a settings/lpd8_editor_config.txt file that u can import via the akai lpd8 editor (i should try and find out what the stock settings are for the lpd8 really - in case mine are different)

i don't tend to use the instant grat (but with this emulation u can use any 4banks mf tsi anyway) but just gave it a go. couldn't get the supercombo when u press down all beatmasher buttons, using the 1.0.3 tsi, so guess it must be one before that that did the supercombo logic within the tsi itself.

would be pretty easy for me (or anyone) to add the actual extra supercombo notes to my emulation code - just haven't done it as no one has requested it. you should get the supercombo effects with an older tsi tho.

in theory with the pots on the lpd8 it could almost emulate a midifighter pro. the PC mode buttons could be used for the extra 4 buttons a mf pro has - only catch there is that those buttons on the lpd8 don't respond to midi so can't be lit up.

to test to see if at least my emulation code is working for you... once u run it the top left pad in PAD mode should be lit up (bank A select) and pressing any of those top 4 buttons should stay lit - which will select banks B, C, D
    11mba / 13mbp / tsp2 / live9 / audio10 / 2x reloop rp7000gold / 2x xdj1000 / 2x d2
    maschine mk2 / x1 mk2 / z1 / f1 / midifighter / lpd8 / 2x launchpad / launchkontrol xl
    Quote Originally Posted by derschaich
    "wohoo, i'm touched, turn on the FX"

I am also using a Kontrol S2 so maybe thats conflicting?
    no more issues than using a real midi fighter with an S2 - and i'm sure plenty of people do that. if using the S2 in hid mode then i guess no issue with using the big import button to load the instant grat tsi anyway?

[quote[Also I did notice after I did your guide & left all programs open it slowed the tempo down of the song I was playing any ideas why ?[/quote]

not sure on this - but nothing afaics to do with midimasher as you don't seem to have it working yet. *unless* u have some devices to set "all ports" in or out and midi is coming in and getting used for unexpected things. make sure u never use the "all ports" option. in fact i have no idea really why they even have that as an option.
    11mba / 13mbp / tsp2 / live9 / audio10 / 2x reloop rp7000gold / 2x xdj1000 / 2x d2
    maschine mk2 / x1 mk2 / z1 / f1 / midifighter / lpd8 / 2x launchpad / launchkontrol xl

Tech Convert

Quote Originally Posted by zestoi View Post
    probably one of two things:

* in+out ports round the wrong way (u can't see the full port names so it's tricky - i should have used shorter names) the "MidiFighter1 Output" needs to be the In-Port in traktor

* you're lpd8 is sending different midi to what my code is expecting. i've tried to keep it vanilla, but i did tweak mine when i first got it and tried to put it basically back to stock. theres a settings/lpd8_editor_config.txt file that u can import via the akai lpd8 editor (i should try and find out what the stock settings are for the lpd8 really - in case mine are different)

i don't tend to use the instant grat (but with this emulation u can use any 4banks mf tsi anyway) but just gave it a go. couldn't get the supercombo when u press down all beatmasher buttons, using the 1.0.3 tsi, so guess it must be one before that that did the supercombo logic within the tsi itself.

would be pretty easy for me (or anyone) to add the actual extra supercombo notes to my emulation code - just haven't done it as no one has requested it. you should get the supercombo effects with an older tsi tho.

in theory with the pots on the lpd8 it could almost emulate a midifighter pro. the PC mode buttons could be used for the extra 4 buttons a mf pro has - only catch there is that those buttons on the lpd8 don't respond to midi so can't be lit up.

to test to see if at least my emulation code is working for you... once u run it the top left pad in PAD mode should be lit up (bank A select) and pressing any of those top 4 buttons should stay lit - which will select banks B, C, D

I Will give it another go tonight but from what I remember I pressed the pads they stayed lit when held but then went off after release. I would be very grateful if you could set up the map with midi fighter inst grat setting as Im useless at mapping the LPD8. I did try & failed miserably lol

I appreciate all the help & troubleshooting advice much appreciated

I Will give it another go tonight but from what I remember I pressed the pads they stayed lit when held but then went off after release. I would be very grateful if you could set up the map with midi fighter inst grat setting as Im useless at mapping the LPD8. I did try & failed miserably lol

I appreciate all the help & troubleshooting advice much appreciated
    the emulation just emulates a real midi fighter - so in traktor u load the normal instant grat that anyone would use for a real midifighter - so no actual mapping to do.

just import the instant grat tsi into traktor, restart traktor and import again (both with the big import button)

once you have the tsi in traktor u just run midimasher to turn your lpd8 into a midi fighter and select the right ports in traktor - job done

Tech Convert

the emulation just emulates a real midi fighter - so in traktor u load the normal instant grat that anyone would use for a real midifighter - so no actual mapping to do.

just import the instant grat tsi into traktor, restart traktor and import again (both with the big import button)

once you have the tsi in traktor u just run midimasher to turn your lpd8 into a midi fighter and select the right ports in traktor - job done
    Ahh i think thats the part where I went wrong selecting the correct ports I done the MM to Traktor Input & Traktor to MM output, but do I also have to select midifighter1 input/output In traktor?

cheers

Ahh i think thats the part where I went wrong selecting the correct ports I done the MM to Traktor Input & Traktor to MM output, but do I also have to select midifighter1 input/output In traktor?

cheers
    you actually don't need the "MM to Traktor" ports at all if *only* using the midi fighter emulation. the only important ports are the midifighter1 input/output ones. the "MM to Traktor" etc ports are for *normal* (if u can call it that ) midimasher stuff - this mf emulation uses its own pair of ports

Tech Convert

you actually don't need the "MM to Traktor" ports at all if *only* using the midi fighter emulation. the only important ports are the midifighter1 input/output ones. the "MM to Traktor" etc ports are for *normal* (if u can call it that ) midimasher stuff - this mf emulation uses its own pair of ports
    So what your saying is i can just import the midi fighter tsi file twice & then what needs to be selected on the ports to control deck a-d 'MM to traktor' or Midifighter1 Input & outputs ?

Sorry for all questions.

Would it be possible to make the settings in the LPD8 Editor if all else fails ?

Thanks alot

So what your saying is i can just import the midi fighter tsi file twice & then what needs to be selected on the ports to control deck a-d 'MM to traktor' or Midifighter1 Input & outputs ?

Sorry for all questions.
    that's cool - the ports u need to select for the instant grat map (for any deck as that tsi comes in 4 parts) are the "Midifighter1 Out" to the IN's and "Midifighter1 In" to the OUT's.

Would it be possible to make the settings in the LPD8 Editor if all else fails ?
    u can load the settings to the lpd8 editor from the settings/lpd8_editor_config.txt file if u mean that. u need midimasher to translate from the notes+cc's that the lpd8 sends out to the notes used by an actual midifighter.

it only uses the lpd8 bank1 and sends/recvs CC001 to CC008 for CC mode and Notes 36 to 43 for PAD mode.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123