DJTT S2 v1.1 Mapping Thread - Page 2
Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
    Tech Student

Default New with this Mapping, pls help with the controls

Hi All,

I am hobbyist and just bought my traktor S2. Downloaded the DJTT mapping, I think it's great. Hope u guys can help me answer a few questions that I have on "how to".

How do I do the following "From" S2 under DJTT mapping:

1, Control the Snap and Quant, and the Dry/Wet on the left?
    2, Launch Cue Point 5,6,7 and 8?
    3, Select "Move" "Cue" and "Grid"
    4, De/activate FX 3 & 4 buttons?
    5, Control the Dry/Wet for FX 3 & 4?
    6, De/activate Cue (pre-listen) for Deck C & D or each slot?
    7, Load tracks, samples, and loops to Deck C & D into slot 1,2,3 and 4?
    8, Apply FX only on Deck C & D?
    9, Control the EQ, Gain, Filter for Deck C & D?

- I am also having trouble adjusting the auto grid, it takes a long time to adjust the grid by moving left and right. Is there a faster way to do so?
    - and What is the "Size" of the initial recording for?

Your reply will be greatly appreciated, Merry Xmas and Happy New Year.

Cheers

T

I just bought the S2 mapping 2 days ago and then now its FREE...

Will be asking for a refund after January the 3rd coz at the moment the mapping is really unusable for me (sticky jogwheels, weird pitch fader etc)

the jog fx are really cool and awesome, however i dont think i am willing to sacrifice jowheel response for that
    Setup:

Traktor Pro 2 / S2 MK2 / X1 MK2 / Audio6 / Pioneer HDJ2000 / Westone UM3X / rMBP 13 inch 2014 (2.8 GHz) / Focal Alpha 50

Tech Mentor

I noticed the X-fader on my mapping seems to be set to a relative interaction. This should be absolute. If you open Traktor with the S2 X-fader in a different position to the software it wont work correctly.

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by rishi View Post
    I noticed the X-fader on my mapping seems to be set to a relative interaction. This should be absolute. If you open Traktor with the S2 X-fader in a different position to the software it wont work correctly.
    you need to change it to Direct in mapping

any way to remove the deck lock when trying to load a new song while its playing.. annoying to have to press pause and then load the track..
    Macbook Pro - Kontrol S2 - Kontrol X1 - Traktor Pro 2 - Fool’s Gold x AIAIAI TMA-1 (for gigs) AKG 271hd (for studio and recording) on the way: DJM 800 with 2 CDJ 2000s
    THE SET UP

i just signed up for the midi mapping for my s2 and i was sent the s4 one an dnow i cant get it to work again any help please

whoa really quick reponse in my email thank you djtt team and merry chrismahannuhkwazika

Tech Convert

Hi DJTT,
    Thanks for providing the S2 mapping and tutorial videos, you've done an awesome job. I also love the delay and echo out on FX 4

I'm just a noob to the S2, only had it a couple of days after switching from CDJs but I think I've found a couple of bugs with the mapping (or perhaps somebody could assist if I'm doing something wrong)...

If you have hotcues set on a deck (either A or B, any number of hotcues) then turn samples on for that deck, play a sample or two, then hit SHIFT+NUMBER to stop a sample from looping in samples mode (or delete the sample).... it also deletes your hotcue for the corresponding number in cue mode. So when you turn off samples mode to return to your hotcues, there are a couple of cue points missing.

Also I notice when you save a loop as a cue point the light is blue and not green, no big deal really. But I do miss the ability to press the browse button while turning it to jump thought your playlists quickly.

Keep up the good work! Look forward to your next tips and tricks.
    Jambo

Tech Convert

Quote Originally Posted by rishi View Post
    Goto the tsi and find the item Master Level. There will be two. Delete both.

Add OUT - Output - Monitor Deck PFL Mono Set to A-Level Meter Assignment Deck A
    Add OUT - Output - Monitor Deck PFL Mono Set to B-Level Meter Assignment Deck B

Hope this helps.
    Helped me too, thanks

Quote Originally Posted by DJAttackZ View Post
    any way to remove the deck lock when trying to load a new song while its playing.. annoying to have to press pause and then load the track..
    Preferences > Loading > uncheck "Loading only into stopped deck"

Got an S2 for Christmas yesterday, just downloaded this and remapped it so that the effect knobs on the S2 control FX panels 2 & 4 and the jogwheels control FX panels 1 & 3 when the shift + tempo reset mode is engaged. It works perfectly. Thanks a lot for that LED fix.

Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast