Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Tech Wizard

ok home from that hellish orafice of a day job and took some more photos:

quick stitch of my side of the rack:

quick stitch of the opposite side of the rack:

close up of the modules on my side of the rack:

better view of the controllers/midi kit on my side:

close up of the modules on the other side of the rack:

we just bought a new place back in the beginning of august. took about 6 weeks before we could move in. and we did that without getting the studio relocated. so a lot of stuff is still in the wiring and config process (thought all but maybe 2 or 3 items in the rack are wired into patch bays). i'd imagine that by new years eve i/we should have everything wired up and usable.
    Last edited by dj_mosquito; 12-02-2011 at 10:13 PM.

Tech Wizard

All that equipment has got me thinking......what does your music sound like?!?!?
    Have you got a soundcloud or similar where one might partake of your work
    Pair EKS OTUS, Akai MPD32, Vestax DJ6000M, JBL Control 10's, HP G70 (6GB RAM-Pentium Dual 2.27GHZ-Windows 7 64bit)

DJ at www.flybasedj.co.uk

Tech Wizard

http://www.chokingsun.com and there there is some stuff not linked up via http://www.chokingsun.com/audio/

Tech Mentor

Amazing setup!
    TRAKTOR Kontrol S4 | Hercules RMX |Blackbook Pro | HDJ 500
    Soundcloud.com/Pooniwala

wow! just wow! large place for your studio too...loving the JP8000!
    that synth is rare though..would love to get it someday if i got the chance

Tech Wizard

oh here's the soundcloud page for stuff specific to me: http://soundcloud.com/dj_mosquito

via choking sun its a lot different than "dj'ing" as its all live. i've usually got at least the core for a track off one turntable and everything to produce that one track loaded up in ableton at the same time. the other turntable typically is playing long form recordings (combo's of lots of items overlayed, etc) that i "destroy" through all manners of manipulation. in addition to that i usually have at least the maudio keyboard with me triggering additional stuff live from the akai and/or the turbophatt (loaded with 2 mophatt roms and one x1 lead roms). then addition to that, the other two members are on mics, guitar, bass, electric cello, trumpet, violin, etc. that's all heavily processed as well through the pod pedals, harmonizers, distortion, etc.

our last show was 2 years ago. we demanded (successfully) three conditions:
    -no cover charge
    -no charge for alcohol
    -no advertising of the two items above

we provided 20 gallons of our own home brewed beer (10 gallons pale ale and 10 gallons stout, and you can't sell it anyways) and a bottle of absinthe for the alcohol. the place was packed. here's gallery 1 and gallery 2 from that show. here's photos from our show in nyc and here's some from the atlanta noisefest where we did a "versus" set with Jarboe (the living jarboe, ex-SWANS, world of skin). there is no standard set up when we play out as you can see.

the music is beyond different. to the point that we have not found a single individual, group, or industry individual that has had any clue what "genre" we are or where we fit (other than "jesus why aren't you guys getting soundtrack work!?!?!?"). that comment almost always stems from the heavy amount of samples we pull. all rhythms are about 50% "legit" drum/percussion sounds and the rest are samples (cannon's for kick drums, etc).

hope that helps provide at least some insight into the mayhem.

Quote Originally Posted by Luconia View Post
    wow! just wow! large place for your studio too...loving the JP8000!
    that synth is rare though..would love to get it someday if i got the chance
    the room is 16'x27'. we previously crammed the same amount of stuff into a 10'x16' room. can you say super cramped?

i'm at the point now that i'm almost afraid to use the jp out of fear of it finally dying. i need to sit down and map as many controls that are on the axiom to it so that i can still use the sounds without having to touch it. poor thing has seen a ton of use over the years. i should really sit down and start making sample libraries from it.

Quote Originally Posted by dj_mosquito View Post
    i'm at the point now that i'm almost afraid to use the jp out of fear of it finally dying. i need to sit down and map as many controls that are on the axiom to it so that i can still use the sounds without having to touch it. poor thing has seen a ton of use over the years. i should really sit down and start making sample libraries from it.
    Then i'll be the 1st in line to buy those JP8000 samples from you lol!
    I bought a Roland Fantom G6 in July to kickstart my journey into production & since then i'm searching all over the place for JP8000 sound packs that would be compatible to the G6.
    The FG6 did have some of the important waveforms from Roland's legacy synths i.e TB303 & the like, incl the supersaw waveform. but nothing comes close as the real JP8000...hence why i still put it in my wantlist

Tech Wizard

i think i can probably put something together in the next week or two. right now i'm focused on a remix for the remix competition for the orb's c batter c.

all i can say is HOLY SHIT MAN
    Traktor/Ableton /Komplete /MBP OSX el capitan

http://www.soundcloud.com/deejaesnafu

Oh man. That's fucking nuts.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast