S4 - Traktor Pro 2 - Scamo's Effect Jogs Extreme [Version 4.4 Beta] - Page 11
Page 11 of 19 FirstFirst ... 789101112131415 ... LastLast

Thanks thejib. Glad you like the mapping.

I unfortunately also noticed the other day, if you switch through the effects really fast (and I mean really fast) you get a very quick "hesitation" in the sound output. I wouldn't call it clicking, but yes, there is the artifact. You can use the gain encoder well without the clicking happening though. So I don't think it will be a big issue, especially if your computer has some power. I have an i3 with Windows 7 and like I said, it only happens, when I really switch through the effects fast.

scamo
    Skooppa - the revolution is beginning!

You want the best FX jogs on the S4? Then try this mapping!

Our Mixes: Mixcloud - Soundcloud
    Hehe...yeah. We're just beginning.

Tech Wizard

Hey Scamo, i played a lot with your mapping. One problem i got is if i am in the "Scamo Effect Mode" via the load button... and i switch to deck C/D or load another track. The modifier won't reset. I Mappad a Modifier direkt switch to 0 at the deck change buttons, the only think what i have to do is to map a reset on Browsemode + Cue. My problem is sometimes in Scratch mode and the Effects switched on. Sorry for my fucking english (google translater is not the best )
    MacBook Pro 2.5GHZ 667MHZ 4GB RAM - Traktor Kontrol S4 Mk1 / X1 Mk1 /F1 / Maschine / Audio 8

Soundcloud
    Facebook

Tech Convert

I'm having trouble downloading the attachment?

@Mert - A restriction in this mapping is it doesn't work with Decks C/D as normal decks.

@Mr530 - It looks like DJTT moved the forum to a subdomain and this has caused a general issue with all attachments. I've reported it to the right people.

scamo

The attachment is working again!

scamo

Hi Scamo and everyone.

Been reading these forums and these s4 mapping threads for ages but never really got into posting.

Have to say im thrilled about this mapping and all the work you have done for it!

I've been playing with standard mapping all the way but this was way too cool to miss. So, downloaded the mapping, imported it twice with big import button and gave it a test drive. Everything seemed to work the way it should be, only the jogs doesn't change fx amounts at all... Pressing and releasing jogs works as they should and changing modes works as well but turning jogs while pressed does absolutely nothing. Actually in mode 6 Filter92LFO is only parameter moving with jog wheel...strange. Other modes, no movement at all.

Have tried restarting, reseting and re-importing but everytime same outcome.

Im using traktor pro 2.0.3 because newer versions have way too extreme cpu usage for my comp. Should this work with 2.0.3?

Any ideas? Thanks in advance! And keep up the good work!

I'm not completely sure, but I'm afraid you will probably have to upgrade to 2.1.2 for the mapping to work properly.

What do you base your "extreme" CPU usage on? The display at the top of Traktor? If yes, I also saw a much higher CPU usage, once I upgraded, but it runs well anyway. I have a bit older Core i3 with Windows 7.

scamo

Small update. I am continuing to work on Version 4.5 today and have come up to the issue I was afraid of. There is no way to dial through the FX modes in both directions with the Gain encoder and change the FX types to have a visual in Traktor about what mode you are in. That is a slight disadvantage to the old method. There is a good advantage though. The advantage will be in the ease of mapping your own effect groups/ modes, as you will only have to use the actual modifier number and also map all the setting commands to the jog wheel touch.

I was playing with this type of setup and it isn't that bad either. If you are uncertain what mode you are in, you can check it by simply tapping the jog quickly. This will set up the mode without starting it. With this quick tap, you also don't hear any effect start either. (at least not on my system)

I believe, once you gain confidence with the indicator lights and knowing the mode you are in is actually "behind" those lights, the mapping will become intuitive. So I've decided to go this route.

Oh, and I think I am going to get rid of the jump to mode 1 when you go out and back into FX Jogs Mode from Scratch Mode. Since we are simply using the modifier number as a condition for the FX modes, I believe we can now just go in and out of FX Jogs mode and when you get back in to FX Jogs Mode, you are exactly back to the mode you were in when you left. This should also make the mapping even more stable. We'll see.

I was also looking into getting Deck C and D to work properly and the changes above might help, however, there is just one slight issue and it won't be with the mapping. I think NI made a mistake with the switch between decks A and C and B and D. If you switch to Deck C for instance and go back to Deck A, the FX Jogs Mode is automatically switched off. So theoretically, the work flow to switch between Decks is to also always press the Load button again to get back into FX Jogs mode. I think it should be, if you set it on before you switch decks, then Traktor should remember this setting and when you return to the deck, you're back into the setting you had to begin with. That would be more logical. Once I finish this Version, I'll hit up NI and ask for a change.

I have a funny feeling TP 2.5 will make all this useless though.

scamo

Upgraded to TP 2.1.2 and did some more testing. Mapping started to work like expected, so the older version was the problem indeed...

Too bad i can't run 2.1.2 I have OLD asus x59gl with t3400 dual gore. And tweaked XP sp3 system (only 17 processes and 120M memory usage at startup). With 2.0.3 im running with 30-40% ish CPU usage and can have all sorts of stuff running without any issues but with 2.1.2 CPU usage is near 100% all the time and S4 alert indicator led becomes beat phase light! Even before i start any effects... You can imagine what that sound like... :/

So for me to get this map working its new laptop or more stable software version it seems...

Thank you for nice mapping and fast reply anyway!

Tech Wizard

This might be a long shot but is there a little program that reads midi signals and could be placed over the traktor screen to show which mode you are in? I would imagine it wouldn't be too system intensive if all it did was read the signal from the S4...for the iPad too maybe?

Page 11 of 19 FirstFirst ... 789101112131415 ... LastLast