New NI controller! - Page 29
Page 29 of 31 FirstFirst ... 1925262728293031 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by fullenglishpint View Post
    Well the DJM-T1 is about as popular as a fart in an elevator, so I doubt they're too worried.
    nearly choked

Tech Mentor

Well the DJM-T1 is about as popular as a fart in an elevator, so I doubt they're too worried.

Because the price point's too high. If it were 6-700 people'd be all over it. I have a hard time believing NI's going to charge more for very similar gear.

Banned

Yeah... It's very clearly just a rebuild of the same mixer. The T1 failed horribly, despite maybe being a worthwhile idea, so NI, who has been working with Pio TONS lately, clearly has redesigned it with Pio's help, and they're hoping slapping their logo and a few exclusive features on it will make it sell better than it did when it was made by pio.

It's not going to cost the $2000 that the T1 cost when it came out, but you NI fanboys thinking it's going to cost less than $1000 are in la-la land.

Tech Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Saurus View Post
    Yeah... It's very clearly just a rebuild of the same mixer. The T1 failed horribly, despite maybe being a worthwhile idea, so NI, who has been working with Pio TONS lately, clearly has redesigned it with Pio's help, and they're hoping slapping their logo and a few exclusive features on it will make it sell better than it did when it was made by pio.

It's not going to cost the $2000 that the T1 cost when it came out, but you NI fanboys thinking it's going to cost less than $1000 are in la-la land.
    I'm almost positive that all of the external features and look/feel of the unit were never touched or known about by pioneer. NI may have consulted to get the same suppliers of pioneers analog components. Not sure why you would think this was a collab with pioneer...

Oh well i suppose it has 2 channel faders, a x fader and 3 band eq with filters....pioneer has been the only company ever to produce a mixer with those features so im sure thats where NI got the idea.

Quote Originally Posted by Rukks View Post
    I'm almost positive that all of the external features and look/feel of the unit were never touched or known about by pioneer. NI may have consulted to get the same suppliers of pioneers analog components. Not sure why you would think this was a collab with pioneer...

Oh well i suppose it has 2 channel faders, a x fader and 3 band eq with filters....pioneer has been the only company ever to produce a mixer with those features so im sure thats where NI got the idea.
    Its got electronic components, so clearly it must have no character

This mixer is the exact same concept as the T1, and will most likely have the exact same drawback: costing too damn much for an essentially useless discrete mixing bus.

Tech Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Shishdisma View Post
    Its got electronic components, so clearly it must have no character

This mixer is the exact same concept as the T1, and will most likely have the exact same drawback: costing too damn much for an essentially useless discrete mixing bus.
    It is not the same thing at all....

If you want to make a fair comparison then do it with the pioneer djtt and the s4. The s4 was way cheaper at launch and had better integration, hence why it sold way more than pio.

If NI makes the hardware then they have the ability to change the software, which they will do. That makes HID with the new mixer more appealing (Last i checked the F1 is still selling) .I'm not saying their business model is right but it is way different than pioneer's approach to traktor.

NI makes it integrated and pioneer makes it applicable in terms of traktor.

It is not the same thing at all....

If you want to make a fair comparison then do it with the pioneer djtt and the s4. The s4 was way cheaper at launch and had better integration, hence why it sold way more than pio.

If NI makes the hardware then they have the ability to change the software, which they will do. That makes HID with the new mixer more appealing (Last i checked the F1 is still selling) .I'm not saying their business model is right but it is way different than pioneer's approach to traktor.

NI makes it integrated and pioneer makes it applicable in terms of traktor.
    I dont know what youre talking about. The Z2 is a hardware mixer with some software controls lining the edges, the T1 is a hardware mixer with.... some software controls lining the edges. You can rail off about software integration for days, but it doesnt actually mean anything in terms of the actual products. Having HID integration on a few hot cues and effects controls isnt exactly a market dominator.

Tech Guru

Well we are leaving out price point...I agree if it comes in at $1600 then it won't be a game changer.

As far as the comparison goes. I understand they look similar as you've pointed out in two posts. But the F1 and APC20 'look' similar, however with the software integration they are completely different products.

I don't understand how software integration isn't an integral part when the hardware is meant to be used in conjunction with a particular software.

Banned

Wat. Look at a picture of both of them at the same time. They're the same mixer....

The amount that Pio and NI have been working exclusively together in the last year.... you don't think it was mentioned that NI was rebuilding their design...? NI has never made a standalone mixer, or any controller with the build quality of a standalone mixer... You don't think Pio helped them out?
    Last edited by photojojo; 09-23-2012 at 07:21 PM.

Well we are leaving out price point...I agree if it comes in at $1600 then it won't be a game changer.

As far as the comparison goes. I understand they look similar as you've pointed out in two posts. But the F1 and APC20 'look' similar, however with the software integration they are completely different products.

I don't understand how software integration isn't an integral part when the hardware is meant to be used in conjunction with a particular software.
    Because in this case, integration doesnt matter at all. Its not mapping out a complex system of precise controls like the S4/2, it isnt controlling and monitoring a performance option like the F1, the included controls seem to be "hot cue 1-4" and "FX controls," things every single MIDI controller has been perfectly fine at since the dawn of the knob box. NI is going to have to pull a serious gimmick, and include a layering nightmare, if they want to cram some USPs in this thing.