X1 - Midi Super Effects. TP2. Instant Grat PLUS ArmyofMe's entire S2 effects mapping
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default X1 - Midi Super Effects. TP2. Instant Grat PLUS ArmyofMe's entire S2 effects mapping

Hi guys,

After having a few requests for my X1 Midi effects, I am glad to share it.
    I must mention firstly that Im still learning at mapping. You can call me a thief for taking other peoples awesome effects grouping and mapping them to whatever I can lay my hands on, like I did mixing up the mapping with Scamo's and Ean's S4 Effects mapping here.
    http://www.djtechtools.com/forum/showthread.php?t=44203

It's nothing new having the X1 midi mode set to Instant Gratification. Check out this thread for whence I got the original Midi Mapping thanks to Michielygil!
    http://www.djtechtools.com/forum/sho...+gratification

IMPORTANT - You must have the effects setting exactly as listed in the thread above, it is how Ean designed it when he created Instant Gratification for the Midi Fighter.

Now check out this video for Army Of Me and her brilliant effects mapping in Midi Mode for her S2. Thank you Priscilla!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zZX2Y_AyIYY

You will see below two TSI files. One if for Deck A when Midi Mode only has Hotcue in the Green, and one for Deck B with Hotcue in Green and Shift in White.

I have only really edited Deck B as the top half has the same notes as Deck A. i.e.
    - Install Deck A and only IG will work for Deck A.
    - Install just Deck B and IG will work for just Deck B, but ArmyofMe effects will work for both.
    - Install both and it should all work.

Each side of the top half of the X1 is mapped to each Deck. Left half is Deck A and it is mirrored on the right half for Deck B. So I will just describe what one side of it does.

IMPORTANT - Each knob has to start fully dry (ie all the way to the left), if you have it to the left and the program shows it is partially wet, you have to drag the wet to dry manually with your mouse (this shoudn't be a problem). The knobs are mapped to HOLD, so when you make it the slightest wet it will turn on and the effects will come alive, it will only turn off when you bring the knob fully dry again.

1. Top Knob is the Delay Echo, pressing FXON will toggle the Freeze
    2. 2nd Knob is the ArmyofMe whoosh. Pressing and holding FX1 will activate a building gater (that I added in). However you can press FXON to toggle the freeze.
    3. 3rd Knob is the Beatmasher with a hint of reverb. Pressing FX2 will toggle the TTFX (which needs time before you activate it to work properly)
    4. 4th Knob is ArmyofMe's brilliant time stretch reminiscent of older Prodigy tracks, it has to be used slowly to work effectively. Pressing and holding FX3 will activate a building Filter92:LFO (that I added in) which I thought added quite nicely.

A couple of notes about the Instant Gratification, you will learn everything from the post listed above. Buttons 1&5 on the right half were never used as it was only made for Decks A&B, so ages ago I added in ArmyOfMe's swoosh to Button 1 which if you hold it will increase it, and on button 5 I added a ramp delay freeze which if you hold it will increase it. I barely ever use these, but they are in the mapping (you had to turn on the effects deck manually for those two buttons though), feel free to delete or adjust them as with any of the effects.

I must also say that considering the amount of issues people (and myself) have had with importing other peoples mapping, there is a good chance the effects will be screwed up. Let me know whats going on and ill try to figure it out. Again please read the Instant Gratification original mapping thread for trouble shooting.

Cheers
    Alinement

Tech Guru

Im subscribed! need to check it when i get home
    no youtube at work

Sweet bro, let me know how it goes. Can anyone else confirm if this works as described?

Cheers
    Alinement

Tech Convert

Can you explain exactly how we can load this map into traktor?

first step - align the effects like the picture's on the other post (ean Golden style).
    2nd - just load both Tsi's and it's done? or is there any necessary steps on controller editor before that?

help a lost soul in need, will ya!

and by the way, yes, congrats, even though i haven't tested it yet, it "smells" great already!

Tech Convert

i've actually got it all working already... the only problem is that the IG mapping is only working in Deck A... can't figure out why if someone could help i'd really appreciate it! thanks

Hi piedroporto,

Im glad you got it working all good, Im not sure why it would only be working in Deck A. THis might be a silly question, but I have to check. when you enter into Midi mode using the Shift + Hotcue button it automatically makes the Hotcue turn Green and you are now in Deck A for IG, but you can control the top knobs for A and B per my mapping.

To switch to deck B instant Grat you need to hit shift one more time after the hotcue button is green (only pressing shift by itself) so you are left with Green Hotcue and White Shift. this is Deck B IG and again both decks on top for my mapping of Army of Me's effects.

Going back to the import, yes you just load them both seperately using the small import button. Should be working, let me know if that solved the problem.

Also one more note, in a gig the other day I went to use the effects super knobs I had created and turned it to the right without realizing I had used that space on my S4 and the dry wet knob was already Wet which when activated with my X1 knob brought the effect on too strong. Im trying to figure a reset button to bring the values to where they should be, but then you risk affecting other effects that are being used. So basically you have to make sure the dry/wets are dry when you use them for the X1. Sounds complicated but if you are on top of it, its easy enough.

Cheers
    Alinement

Tech Convert

hey mate! thanks for the fast answer. your silly question is understandable. and the answer is yes, once i upload both the IG mapping and your mods, since i did read the posts twice, i did understand that Deck B is only Activated with the shift led ON. still, it is not working. i did also upload the mappings with the small import button (the big one just lays one instead of the other, thus you kindly told people to use the small one).
    it might have something to do with the controller editor, since when i change from 1-2 to 1-3 it now allows me to use the IG with DECK B, but now DECK A doesn't work with the IG part. your part however is working fine in both decks. it's the IG mapping that i can't figure how to make it work with both decks. I must be missing something pretty obvious but since i'm not a very expert midi mapper, i just can't seem to find the mistake! thanks for your help. let me know what you think!

P.S - i'm using the X1 on it's own. no S4 (did have it, but ended up selling it and buying 2 decks with midi capability and external mixer. Gives me more safety in gigs... if anything happens to the laptop, i'll just go back to the pen drive or CDs).

Tech Convert

hey mate... been fidling around with the controller editor... must have done something right cause now it works!! just exited and prayed for it to keep working... restarted my Mac and it's running fine!

Once again, thanks for all your help and support! now i can enjoy THE mapping! recomend it to anyone with an X1.
    Last edited by piedroporto; 02-05-2012 at 01:22 PM.

Awesome mate! Im glad it works for you. Ill try and get another one out when I have some time with some original effects grouping. But Army Of Me is amazing, she is worth following on youtube for good ideas

Tech Convert

yeah, i've been following her videos for a long time!
    thanks again for all the help!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast