Troubleshooting - Using 2 controllers in Traktor, Need Advice!!

Default Troubleshooting - Using 2 controllers in Traktor, Need Advice!!

Goal: To be able to use both my Hercules RMX and Akai LPD8 simultaneously while mixing in Traktor Pro 2.

I have done extensive research and I can't seem to figure out what my problem is, and I'm fairly new to DJing so I'm relying on you guys to help me out with this one. Individually, each controller works perfectly however when I try using them together they don't function properly (or at all). Each controller is set to a different midi channel, and I followed the tutorial on how to set up 2 controllers in Traktor http://www.djtechtools.com/2010/02/2...rs-in-traktor/ Each controller is selected for both in and out ports. I have noticed that in internal mixing mode, the RMX works perfectly, but the Akai stops working - nothing happens. In external mixing mode, both controllers work perfectly EXCEPT that the crossfader and volume faders don't work (obviously a big issue).

Any advice on where I'm going wrong??

External mixing mode is designed for just that, external mixing. That's why the faders don't work, they're not supposed to. The idea is that you would be using the faders on your external mixer.

Which features is your akai mapped to? I've never heard of internal mode affecting controller function before.
    TSP 2 | Serato DJ | Live 8 | MBP (SSD + HDD) | AIAIA TMA-1 Fool's Gold Edition | 1200 Mk2s | MidiFighter | KRK RP5
    Xone: DB4 | Pioneer CDJ-2000 Nexus
    DJTT FAQ | Read my guide to AUDIO CABLES

I've tried using a few different layouts but right now I have a very simple mapping that allows the 8 knobs on the LPD8 to control the dry/wet for effects as well as effect amount.