Hip Hop Mixtrain #1 - It has begun!
Page 1 of 9 12345 ... LastLast

Default Hip Hop Mixtrain #1 - It has begun!

Alright, So we've got about 8 people on this train now and it's ready to take off from the station!

Tre Tuna
    DJ Butters (personal friend here in LA that might lay something down with me)
    Citizen_Insane
    Gr0wTesK
    Sherlock Ohms
    AyeAreTee
    nickel
    TVo14
    jprime

Unless you are a turntablist looking for a shorter set (under 5 minutes) I think we have enough guys now to do this mix. I will be doing more of these though so if you want to be included on the next one just let me know!

ALL styles of hip hop are welcome (old skool, gangsta, underground, top 40, pop hop, mash ups, instrumental, turntablism, wtf ever!). My section will be filled with underground by the likes of J5, Roots, Dilated Peoples, Defari, Swollen Members, Styles Of Beyond, etc.... with a little turntablism in there of course. I want to see everyone's personality in hip hop on this one though!

Alright, so let's do a little more explainin' here since some of these guys haven't been involved in a mixtrain yet....

One person starts out the entire mix.. Which I'll go ahead and work on in the next couple days since I just got 2 off (hopefully). I will have my section finished by the 22nd (next Sunday).

I'll setup a dropbox folder that will be shared with everyone in the mixtrain so you can all see and hear the progress and get some ideas brewin' for your set. (Send me your e-mail if you're on the train!)

After my set is finished I will upload it to dropbox and send the next person an e-mail to download it and begin his work.

The way I ask for everyone to work is either simply use the last minute or so of the previous person's set to mix into, or just let it play out and start yours anew. Then when you are finished simply upload only your new section to the dropbox and let myself and the next person in line know. I will splice everyone's section together, make sure all the levels are proper throughout the entire mix, and give it a little bit of a "mastering" to it. Audio engineering is my day job, so trust it will be a pro job.

***** Also for this reason I prefer to work with wav files and not mp3. I understand this can be strenuous for uploading and downloading, but as an audio engineer, I despise MP3s.... If you must work with MP3s on your recordings, that's fine, but if you could, please record to wav files. The quality will be better, trust me.

The next person does not need to wait for me to get the spliced version uploaded to begin work on his section, just download the last person's and go to town. Please try to keep the turnaround to under a week's time. If it is your turn and something comes up that prevents you from completing, that's all good, just let us know. We might just have someone else work their section that week and then you come back the following one.

With no problems we should have this train done within' 2 months, maybe give it a July 4th drop date for everyone else!

If you have any questions just let me know and I'll be happy to answer any of them. True e-mail is probably better to get in touch with me so you can reach me at tretuna@gmail.com if you have an urgent questions.

To all mixtrain participants - I need e-mail addresses from you to share the dropbox folder with. You can post them here, send me a private message, or e-mail them to me.
    Tre Tuna
    DJ and Recording and Mixing engineer for live and studio sound
    Traktor Pro 2.7.1 | MacBook Pro Core 2 Duo 2.5ghz 4gigs ram
    Stanton STR8-150s | Ortofon Q-Bert Carts
    NI Z2, F1, Machine MK I, RigKontrol 3 | Dicers | PadKontrol

Westside!
    Controllerist: Think different | SoundCloud | MixCloud | Twitter |

Moderator of Silly Walks Citizen_Insane's Avatar

Sounds good to me man. I'll start brainstorming for my part so I can get it done shortly after I get it from you
    Traktor Pro, VCM 600, Custom Midi Fighter, Presonus Firebox, Ultrasone DJ1 Pro
    http://soundcloud.com/citizen_insane/
    Quote Originally Posted by photojojo View Post
    All these subgenre's are like the grandchildren of disco with dubstep and D&B being the bad kids that smoke cigarettes and are in and out of jail.

Tech Mentor

Default missed the train..

damn .. missed the train but looking forward to hearing it in july

here's something i was just listening to on the cloud that has hip hop with a capitol H

Steinski.... Love that guy...
    Tre Tuna
    DJ and Recording and Mixing engineer for live and studio sound
    Traktor Pro 2.7.1 | MacBook Pro Core 2 Duo 2.5ghz 4gigs ram
    Stanton STR8-150s | Ortofon Q-Bert Carts
    NI Z2, F1, Machine MK I, RigKontrol 3 | Dicers | PadKontrol

Tech Mentor

I better get my practice on

alright, im ready to do this. my email is djstreetfighta@gmail.com

Tech Wizard

Phuck it, I'm going straight Miami Bass, 130+ BPM! Uncle Luke and Magic Mike all day every day! ;o) ok, jk. We'll do a miami bass train next time! Man, I wish I had capable decks. Can't do many tricks on a Hercules RMX so I will stick with a lil instrumental set with some classic hip hop tracks and just some old school blending and cut mixing.

Looking forward to this for sure. Have fun guys.
    "Walking the fine line between Stupidity and Genious" My Soundcloud ---- My Mixcloud
    MBP Retina 2015--TSP 2.10--2xDNSC5000--2xDNSC2900--2xDNSC2000--NI F1--Denon DN-X1700--HDJ2000--Stanton STR8-80--QSC K12's--Crown Amplifier--Urei Monitors

two months?
    Weapons, not food, not homes, not shoes
    Not need, just feed the war cannibal animal

Page 1 of 9 12345 ... LastLast